Pellegrini's Selections

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pellegrini's Selections

Postby Original Dub » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:11 pm

City64 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
City64 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:i think he might be related to herb???

Fucking weirdos mate.

There,s a que forming in 126 OD , the lads are on it ......... Full bang on weirdo alert ! ;-)

Good man.

Hop a full can of Stella off his head for me mate.

2 old women and a tranny outside 126 when we got there pal , either TGR was one of them or he is a ghost ? lol ;-)

The tranny without a fucking doubt pal
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Is he doing it just to keep this thread going?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:15 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Is he doing it just to keep this thread going?

I think he wants Christmas off.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:26 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Is he doing it just to keep this thread going?

I think he wants Christmas off.

He's fucking looking at it at this rate.

The worst part for me is that with all the injuries, and therefore the same players playing week in/week out, those out there look drained. Going into this period where it's non-stop, I just can't see it getting better.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:01 pm

Given who was injured/suspended i dont think any lineup Manuel chose wouldve been much better than what trotted out there today. The effort and gameplan were shit.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:01 pm

He must be scratching his head.

I think he should have started Delph instead of Fernando but overall he couldn't have done an awful lot different today, could he?

What the fuck are the players at? The only thing I can think of is the injuries to key players are putting a strain on the lack of rotation available.

Fuck it, it's not up to me to figure it out.

No doubt the trolls will pipe up again today. That's always the icing on the shit cake.
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Given who was injured/suspended i dont think any lineup Manuel chose wouldve been much better than what trotted out there today. The effort and gameplan were shit.

Delph instead of Fernando.
Nacho instead of Bony.

Instantly better.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:26 pm

Mase wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Given who was injured/suspended i dont think any lineup Manuel chose wouldve been much better than what trotted out there today. The effort and gameplan were shit.

Nacho instead of Bony.

Instantly better.

We didnt exactly blow down the doors when those 2 came on though.
But i see your point. I too which Nacho would've started but Manuel was never ever going to do that
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Mase wrote:

Nacho instead of Bony.

Instantly better.

I didn't see Nacho do a lot when he came on and he has not given any indication he is the man for lone striker in such bad conditions. Making him the answer to every issue will only ruin him.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dub City » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:35 pm

Mase wrote:

Nacho instead of Bony.

Instantly better.

If he would give some of the youth players some minutes in the league cup we mind find that a couple of them are ready for the first team meaning he can rest som players and freshen things up. Look at how long he left players on v Sunderland when 4 up. Delph has looked our best midfielder last couple weeks then benched today. Klopp set team out to press and exposed our weakness to this system. A limited manage like Hughes copies this and same result and manager slumps in seat and doesnt change it. We are far too easy to play against, the ground we have let teams make up on us since 5 games in is more than just a blip, Liverpool win tomorrow and they are 3 points behind us, Spurs could be 1 point off and us and we will probably be down to 4th. If this slide isnt stopped soon we will be leaving ourselves too much to recover, yeah I know we were top of the league going into this but we have taken 14 points from our last 10 games haven taken 15 from the first 5, we have not scored away from home in the last 3 away games, and not kept a clean sheet without Kompany in league all season.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby bigblue » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:48 pm

The addition of delph or Nacho shouldn't be the difference between beating and losing 2-0 to stoke. I love Nacho and his potential, but he looks like a youth player playing against men when we're up against it.

Players failed 100% today. Only niggle with the boss was subbing the wrong fern. If we had a fully fit team then I'd blame Pellers more, but that's not the case at all. Captain, vice captain, and star striker all injured. Best player (Silva) obviously not at full fitness.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:21 pm

Gladbach beating bayern atm!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby clippo22 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:33 pm

I think we should have played Delph rather than Bony, 3 in the middle and keep it tight, leave sterling silva and Kev to counter, we look so easy to beat lately. We needed to keep it tight and then try and Nick it with all the injuries we have. Instead we lost the game in the first 20 mins.

Substitutions were poor today, it was clear the system wasn't working but all he can do is like for like changes, nothing different, no plan B.

With everyone fit we walk this league but without them we need the manager to earn his corn, sadly without our key players we never look like winning.
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby TGR » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:08 pm

clippo22 wrote:I think we should have played Delph rather than Bony, 3 in the middle and keep it tight, leave sterling silva and Kev to counter, we look so easy to beat lately. We needed to keep it tight and then try and Nick it with all the injuries we have. Instead we lost the game in the first 20 mins.

Substitutions were poor today, it was clear the system wasn't working but all he can do is like for like changes, nothing different, no plan B.

With everyone fit we walk this league but without them we need the manager to earn his corn, sadly without our key players we never look like winning.

Out thought
Out fought
Out played

By a team managed by Mark Hughes FFS!

Having no plan B is not the worry it's having no plan A to start with that is the serious concern.
It could have very easily been 5-0 today without any exageration whatsoever.
Stoke even had the luxury of taking off their two most inflentual players to rest them with 20 minutes to go!
The Stoke fans were 'olaying' us with 15 minutes to go!
Totally embarrassing from start to finish.

No doubt the usual non match going know-it-all's on here will be trotting out the usual excuses (and abuse) - but that fact is that
in football the team is a mirror and an extension of it's manager. That today was once again proven in spades.
TGR
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:20 pm

TGR wrote:
clippo22 wrote:I think we should have played Delph rather than Bony, 3 in the middle and keep it tight, leave sterling silva and Kev to counter, we look so easy to beat lately. We needed to keep it tight and then try and Nick it with all the injuries we have. Instead we lost the game in the first 20 mins.

Out thought
Out fought
Out played

By a team managed by Mark Hughes FFS!

Having no plan B is not the worry it's having no plan A to start with that is the serious concern.
It could have very easily been 5-0 today without any exageration whatsoever.
Stoke even had the luxury of taking off their two most inflentual players to rest them with 20 minutes to go!
The Stoke fans were 'olaying' us with 15 minutes to go!
Totally embarrassing from start to finish.

No doubt the usual non match going know-it-all's on here will be trotting out the usual excuses (and abuse) - but that fact is that
in football the team is a mirror and an extension of it's manager. That today was once again proven in spades.

The last bit is bullshit, the team displayed no class today at all.

He is responsible for motivating these players though and he's being found wanting in that regard too often. Always seems to be the case before CL games this season.

The only selection I would've made different is Delph for Fernando.

We're up against it with that centre back pairing, it's awful.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby blues2win » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:22 pm

The excuse seems to be that some players are tired after too many matches because injuries prevent proper rotation. In which case you wonder why one or two youngsters weren't given a chance against Hull who themselves played a weakened team against us.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:06 pm

Original Dub wrote:He must be scratching his head.

I think he should have started Delph instead of Fernando but overall he couldn't have done an awful lot different today, could he?

What the fuck are the players at? The only thing I can think of is the injuries to key players are putting a strain on the lack of rotation available.

Fuck it, it's not up to me to figure it out.

No doubt the trolls will pipe up again today. That's always the icing on the shit cake.

Too many instances of inept performances of late mate, something is seriously wrong. The odd bad performance is understandable but its becoming a near weekly event. The players do have to stand up but from what we're seeing, with the selections and tactics, even we can see the issues before they set foot on the pitch.

The injuries have me really worried though. Having so many star players out drains all confidence out of the pkayers. And playing so many games is just killing their stamina. Really worries me, especially when the likes of Vinnie fucks off to the internationals, gets deemed fit, and a week later he's out again.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:58 pm

Selections aside these performances are becoming the norm. When you compare west hams work rate with ours we look shockingly lazy. Teams are quickly sussing this and simply running through us.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sheblue » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:16 pm

I didn't see the game today, but generally these injury excuses are nonsense. It does not explain why the fit players on the field play so badly.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby bayblue » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:22 pm

At least no one is blaming Yaya.
Who knows - maybe we missed him
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk