Pics and comments City v Norwich City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pics and comments City v Norwich City

Postby KippaxBlue » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Pics and comments on the Norwich game are now online at
http://www.rtfract.com/citnov15.htm
KippaxBlue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Re: Pics and comments City v Norwich City

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:21 pm

Thanks KB

Hope we would've wrapped up the title before the Arsenal game. We shall see
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:07 pm

KippaxBlue wrote:Pics and comments on the Norwich game are now online at
http://www.rtfract.com/citnov15.htm

Many thanks for the excellent photos, as always.

I do have a question for you though... After Aguero's 93:20 minute title winner, how could you ever leave a City match, before the final whistle is blown?! City is one of the teams that scores the most last-minutes goals... and some of the best City photos are often taken just after the match is over.

Sorry for being selfishly greedy, but I enjoy your photo coverage so much, that it leaves me wishing that you were able to take photos of City's away matchs, too!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby KippaxBlue » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:49 am

I use a stop watch and I normally get up and move 20 seconds before the added time is up but alas the sub of Yaya and his sprint off added more time. The first time I have missed anything for years!!!.Alas I dont have enough points for the away games
KippaxBlue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:29 pm

KippaxBlue wrote:I use a stop watch and I normally get up and move 20 seconds before the added time is up but alas the sub of Yaya and his sprint off added more time. The first time I have missed anything for years!!!.Alas I dont have enough points for the away games

Have you ever applied to the City media for a press pass, to cover the away matches?... Let them know that you have been covering City matches for all these many years & published your book. It is to City's advantage, to have you chronicle the team's away games, as well.

Your coverage has been unique & incredibly helpful... More importantly, your photos do not usually just replicate what Sharon Latham & the other City photographers have published. Your photos of the match highlights usually capture the most controversial or key moments of the match. Unlike the other photographers, you add your own match commentary & reviews.

I'm always grateful for your kindness & generosity, in sharing your photos with us here.
So, I hope that in the future, you will also be able to capture the away matches, with the help & approval of the City media team.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Thanks again for posting the pictures.

One thing I'v wondered over the years though is why you're allowed to do this? Don't get me wrong, I don't care. But aren't you breaking the rules by taking all these photos, over and over again?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:44 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Thanks again for posting the pictures.

One thing I'v wondered over the years though is why you're allowed to do this? Don't get me wrong, I don't care. But aren't you breaking the rules by taking all these photos, over and over again?

I guess you haven't noticed that the vast majority of the football audiences & even the players on the bench are now photographing & videotaping portions of each & every match!... And the clubs are now encouraging all of us to share our own photos & comments with the club's Twitter, Facebook & Instagram accounts!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:51 pm

Thanks for that, great pics.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:39 pm

I guess you haven't noticed that the vast majority of the football audiences & even the players on the bench are now photographing & videotaping portions of each & every match!... And the clubs are now encouraging all of us to share our own photos & comments with the club's Twitter, Facebook & Instagram accounts!

Yeah but there's one thing taking the odd snap, it's something completely different to systematically photograph every game. Anyway, I don't care, I enjoy these threads as much as the next fellow.

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:38 am

So you're allowed to take a camera in, but you only have a quota of shots you can take? That sounds totally enforceable...
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:36 am

So you're allowed to take a camera in, but you only have a quota of shots you can take? That sounds totally enforceable...

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. You got me pegged.

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum