****City v Norwich Official Matchday Thread****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****City v Norwich Official Matchday Thread****

Postby steelsnail » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:01 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Wait hold on....you guys think Bony is shit?

Interesting.

Cheers

Whether he's right for us is definitely debatable but a player that was the PL's top scorer for a calendar year would only be described as shit by morons.

In this side. In our team. Playing like we play. And showing what he's shown. He's fucking one million percent shit.

Playing as a striker and scoring most of Swansea's goals one season to top the league scoring title doesn't make a player great. It's a nice thing. He should be proud of that. Good for him.

Consistency and resiliency and the ability to settle with much more talented players expecting more from the role is what he's struggling with. Only a moron wouldn't see that.

Cheers

I don't know what the reason is but he's just not fitting into our team., at the moment and it's looking like he might never. He can't hit the target now, but I've seen him thumping them in for Swansea.

Doomie, you could be right in your substantive point, bit I just can't get my head around your hatred for the guy.
I reserve that kind of emotion for those that
disrespect the blue jersey, by not putting an honest effort in. He may not be good enough, but I don't doubt his honesty.

As long as he's still a City player and we need him, which we do, then I can see why Pellers is persisting with trying to let him play his way through. But, I find him frustrating, rather than hating him.

I think Nacho is a better talent, but he will need to be managed carefully at this, the start of his career.
I hope he starts to get more minutes as a lone striker, rather than the two of them up front. I think we've played better that way and Kelechi will fit that better, ultimately.

But I don't hate Bony. You feel free to do as you please. Doesn't sound rational to me, but there you go.

Good post iwasthere2012 . Sums up my thoughts on Bony perfectly.
steelsnail
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: Zabs

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:17 am

steelsnail wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Wait hold on....you guys think Bony is shit?

Interesting.

Cheers

Whether he's right for us is definitely debatable but a player that was the PL's top scorer for a calendar year would only be described as shit by morons.

In this side. In our team. Playing like we play. And showing what he's shown. He's fucking one million percent shit.

Playing as a striker and scoring most of Swansea's goals one season to top the league scoring title doesn't make a player great. It's a nice thing. He should be proud of that. Good for him.

Consistency and resiliency and the ability to settle with much more talented players expecting more from the role is what he's struggling with. Only a moron wouldn't see that.

Cheers

I don't know what the reason is but he's just not fitting into our team., at the moment and it's looking like he might never. He can't hit the target now, but I've seen him thumping them in for Swansea.

Doomie, you could be right in your substantive point, bit I just can't get my head around your hatred for the guy.
I reserve that kind of emotion for those that
disrespect the blue jersey, by not putting an honest effort in. He may not be good enough, but I don't doubt his honesty.

As long as he's still a City player and we need him, which we do, then I can see why Pellers is persisting with trying to let him play his way through. But, I find him frustrating, rather than hating him.

I think Nacho is a better talent, but he will need to be managed carefully at this, the start of his career.
I hope he starts to get more minutes as a lone striker, rather than the two of them up front. I think we've played better that way and Kelechi will fit that better, ultimately.

But I don't hate Bony. You feel free to do as you please. Doesn't sound rational to me, but there you go.

Good post iwasthere2012 . Sums up my thoughts on Bony perfectly.

Second that
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:35 am

I also agree with the summation of Bony above. In the absence of a MOTM thread for yesterday I thought Yaya stood out and the Otter was not far behind.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:55 am

A couple of thoughts. Fernandinho had a little dive before the penno. The Otter's header was reminiscent of Dave Watson's v Ipswich in the late 70's. (Those who remember it will agree I'd guess)
Bony did OK in general. But he is definitely marmite. In the boozer after a quick straw poll was 3 said 'good', two went for 'complete dogshit'.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:31 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:A couple of thoughts. The Otter's header was reminiscent of Dave Watson's v Ipswich in the late 70's. (Those who remember it will agree I'd guess)

Yes. The meat header, as I think it was described somewhere. Superb stuff.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:25 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:A couple of thoughts. The Otter's header was reminiscent of Dave Watson's v Ipswich in the late 70's. (Those who remember it will agree I'd guess)

The net is still rattling from Watson's header.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:21 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

The net is still rattling from Watson's header.

Fucking brilliant, wasn't it?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum