****City v Norwich Official Matchday Thread****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****City v Norwich Official Matchday Thread****

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:15 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Slim wrote:I think that penalty just about sums the entire match up.

Pretty much. So so poor, but three points again.
Otter had a great game. Thought Nacho did well. Bony should have scored two from his service.
We really need to up our game midweek.

Two.....Maybe 5 is the right amount.

Norwich came to not get battered. They didn't change tact when 1-0 down and couldn't believe their luck when joe was playing basketball. I hate 11 behind the ball games.

Why didn't kev play in the middle? Fucking bonkers

Agree. I thought Nacho showed enough in that match to confirm that ultimately, he will suit our quick short passing game around the box much mire than Bony ever will. Imagine him and Silva and Aguero.

Kev should have gone in the middle, but I'd have preferred Bony off instead of Nacho.
It was never going to happen, but the future is bright. This kid will offer us s lot when he establishes himself.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:28 pm

I think Iheanacho is a very talented player, but Bony is much more the finished product. Iheanacho struggled against a compact defense, and the few chances we created in the first half was down to Bony's movement. Yes, he did fluff them, but at least he created something.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:34 pm

Wait hold on....you guys think Bony is shit?

Interesting.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby City64 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:44 pm

Bony is a cart horse official ! This guy needs selling in January ....... You could see the frustration amongst our players second half with his lack of runs and creative space , Yaya and KDB were proper fucked off with him . Like the guy but our play breaks down when he becomes involved ( or fucks up) so so fucking frustrating for all , Yaya was class today but you could see him getting frustrated as fuck . Pellegrini has a huge headache for sure !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:03 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Wait hold on....you guys think Bony is shit?

Interesting.

Cheers

Whether he's right for us is definitely debatable but a player that was the PL's top scorer for a calendar year would only be described as shit by morons.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:07 pm

from dzonkey to pony
great
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:10 pm

City64 wrote:Bony is a cart horse official ! This guy needs selling in January ....... You could see the frustration amongst our players second half with his lack of runs and creative space , Yaya and KDB were proper fucked off with him . Like the guy but our play breaks down when he becomes involved ( or fucks up) so so fucking frustrating for all , Yaya was class today but you could see him getting frustrated as fuck . Pellegrini has a huge headache for sure !

KDB was no great shakes today either and contributed less overall than Bony. I thought he should have been moved to the middle at half time with Sterling on for either forward, but by the time the change was made I think Kevin had decided it wasn't his day.
He will be back to his best soon no doubt, especially when Silva returns.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby blues2win » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:34 pm

Hopefully just two matches before Silva and Aguero return. People trashed Fernando and even Otamendi and both are coming good. Bony is not crap but his confidence is shot at the moment.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:55 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Interesting.

Cheers

Whether he's right for us is definitely debatable but a player that was the PL's top scorer for a calendar year would only be described as shit by morons.

In this side. In our team. Playing like we play. And showing what he's shown. He's fucking one million percent shit.

Playing as a striker and scoring most of Swansea's goals one season to top the league scoring title doesn't make a player great. It's a nice thing. He should be proud of that. Good for him.

Consistency and resiliency and the ability to settle with much more talented players expecting more from the role is what he's struggling with. Only a moron wouldn't see that.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:07 pm

Awful game , but we won.

Norwich did exactly what they had to , hang on for dear life.

Bony is not good enough and never will be which is disappointing because I thought he would be perfect for us.

Us and the Arse for the title.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:18 pm

Just got back from the game. It was s great win given our lads looked shot at, and understandably so. With upto 11 players out injured at one point the others keep knocking out good results one way or tother. Remember the dark days when we always lost games like that.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:58 pm

Ultimately, we got what we wanted at the start of the game. Three points and no further injuries. Sounds like we weren't at our fluid best, but I suspect we had one eye on Tuesdays game. Iheanacho made his first start which is positive and the Otter had a great game according to DC, so there are a number of positives
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:14 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
City64 wrote:Bony is a cart horse official ! This guy needs selling in January ....... You could see the frustration amongst our players second half with his lack of runs and creative space , Yaya and KDB were proper fucked off with him . Like the guy but our play breaks down when he becomes involved ( or fucks up) so so fucking frustrating for all , Yaya was class today but you could see him getting frustrated as fuck . Pellegrini has a huge headache for sure !

KDB was no great shakes today either and contributed less overall than Bony. I thought he should have been moved to the middle at half time with Sterling on for either forward, but by the time the change was made I think Kevin had decided it wasn't his day.

KDB has played a lot of minutes since we signed him and has done brilliant , the lad looks tired and in need of a break right now but with our injuries and relentless schedule Pellegrini has had no choice but to play him every game , glad he took him off fairly early today tbh . Agree he should have been moved into the middle but would it have made a difference what Bony offers us ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby phips » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:20 pm

City64 wrote:KDB has played a lot of minutes since we signed him and has done brilliant , the lad looks tired and in need of a break right now but with our injuries and relentless schedule Pellegrini has had no choice but to play him every game , glad he took him off fairly early today tbh

thats exactly what I've been thinking. he's been uncharacteristically average as of late
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby sheblue » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:27 pm

phips wrote:
City64 wrote:KDB has played a lot of minutes since we signed him and has done brilliant , the lad looks tired and in need of a break right now but with our injuries and relentless schedule Pellegrini has had no choice but to play him every game , glad he took him off fairly early today tbh

thats exactly what I've been thinking. he's been uncharacteristically average as of late

That's all Bonys fault, everything is.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:40 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Interesting.

Cheers

In this side. In our team. Playing like we play. And showing what he's shown. He's fucking one million percent shit.

Playing as a striker and scoring most of Swansea's goals one season to top the league scoring title doesn't make a player great. It's a nice thing. He should be proud of that. Good for him.

Consistency and resiliency and the ability to settle with much more talented players expecting more from the role is what he's struggling with. Only a moron wouldn't see that.

Cheers

I didn't say that he's great.

I agree that he's struggling at the moment.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:48 pm

City64 wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

KDB has played a lot of minutes since we signed him and has done brilliant , the lad looks tired and in need of a break right now but with our injuries and relentless schedule Pellegrini has had no choice but to play him every game , glad he took him off fairly early today tbh . Agree he should have been moved into the middle but would it have made a difference what Bony offers us ?

No, it makes no difference to the assessment of Bony, just KDB's right to be 'fucked off' with him today! Yaya, on the other hand, will still probably and correctly be moaning at him for not passing in that final attack and denying him the chance to lash it home (as he would have done).

I agree we have had to over-use KDB; I remember in one of his early interviews he said he was playing more than he had perhaps expected at first, and also that playing every game for Wolfsburg had meant that he sometimes wasn't at his best.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:16 pm

Thought we were a lucky today. Bony should've had two but he isn't Aguero, or even Edin. Otto was great. One of those games we could've drew easily. Proper panic after it went 2-1. Yaya looked pissed to go off. Take the points, move on.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:43 pm

ruralblue wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:If I didn't already love City's website and live match crew, I'm even more thankful to all of them, for adding a live match video feed and live CityTV match app... For anyone who has previously been forced to just listening to the radio, or reading the match commentary online, this is an amazing gift from the club! Enjoy the match & let's win again!

http://citytvlive.mcfc.co.uk/event/2017

Use it quite a bit when streams are hard to find and also use the commentary for when the streams are in foreign language.
Can't beat the good old wireless (well the digital version!).

Says how far stuff as come as when City were playing away games when I was a lad, I used to have to walk to the top of a big hill with a wireless to get a signal for GMR.

I think I would have preferred turning the clock back in time & listening on the wireless, for the last 15 minutes of today's match!

Or, I would have turned the clock back to the beginning of the match, when the players dominated possession & barely let the Norwich players near Joe Hart!
For less stress-inducing matches, my applause goes to CityTV for giving us expanded coverage on the site.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:37 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

Interesting.

Cheers

Cheers

I don't know what the reason is but he's just not fitting into our team., at the moment and it's looking like he might never. He can't hit the target now, but I've seen him thumping them in for Swansea.

Doomie, you could be right in your substantive point, bit I just can't get my head around your hatred for the guy.
I reserve that kind of emotion for those that
disrespect the blue jersey, by not putting an honest effort in. He may not be good enough, but I don't doubt his honesty.

As long as he's still a City player and we need him, which we do, then I can see why Pellers is persisting with trying to let him play his way through. But, I find him frustrating, rather than hating him.

I think Nacho is a better talent, but he will need to be managed carefully at this, the start of his career.
I hope he starts to get more minutes as a lone striker, rather than the two of them up front. I think we've played better that way and Kelechi will fit that better, ultimately.

But I don't hate Bony. You feel free to do as you please. Doesn't sound rational to me, but there you go.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum