2 Gay Premiership Footballers

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 2 Gay Premiership Footballers

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:48 pm

As far as I know, no top flight player has ever come out. I think the player who took their own life was Justin Fasanu, after his career was over, but I could be wrong. Maybe I should have googled it to be sure.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:50 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:What a pathetic and ridiculous topic for discussion. Let people love who they want and look at your own fucking shire lives.

So why contribute then?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:51 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:As far as I know, no top flight player has ever come out. I think the player who took their own life was Justin Fasanu, after his career was over, but I could be wrong. Maybe I should have googled it to be sure.

I think you're right. I'm sure Tommy Hitzlsperger came out after he retired.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:As far as I know, no top flight player has ever come out. I think the player who took their own life was Justin Fasanu, after his career was over, but I could be wrong. Maybe I should have googled it to be sure.

Think he came out whilst still a player. Took his own life after his career ended.

Very sad, either way.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:03 pm

Honestly, who gives a fuck.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Honestly, who gives a fuck.

Probably the people that contributed to Fashanu killing himself.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:10 pm

Mase wrote:

Probably the people that contributed to Fashanu killing himself.

Yep, and how many years ago?

The world has moved on, it's a non-issue nowadays, part of everyday life yet we somehow have to make a big thing when it comes to footballers?

Get on with it, nobody cares
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:12 pm

Le Saux is an obvious choice. Anyone remember Fowler turning his back on him, bending over and rubbing his ass in suggestion? Think it was while he was a Chelsea player
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Yes the world has moved on and we're all real happy clappy BUT people are still interested and want to talk about it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:19 pm

Le Saux is not gay. And Fowlers behaviour in that incident was a disgrace and he should have been ashamed of himself. Google the incident and you will see what an utter cunt Fowler made of himself and see prob one of the many reasons while players don't come out.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:26 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Le Saux is not gay. And Fowlers behaviour in that incident was a disgrace and he should have been ashamed of himself. Google the incident and you will see what an utter cunt Fowler made of himself and see prob one of the many reasons while players don't come out.

Oh, I fully agree it was appalling. Seem to recall pundits at the time thought it humorous. And the episode like you say would have deterred players for coming out. Fowler got away with a lot whilst at the dippers. Snorting the chalk line v Everton (?) was another example.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:35 pm

sheblue wrote:Yes the world has moved on and we're all real happy clappy BUT people are still interested and want to talk about it.

Exactly. It's weird because Kompany's wife gets brought up quite a lot. And I'm pretty sure someone made a thread when the rumour was Kompany was chopping Nasri's ex. So why can't we discuss this as well?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:02 pm

sheblue wrote:Yes the world has moved on and we're all real happy clappy BUT people are still interested and want to talk about it.

Very true, I'll leave it there.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:35 pm

So gay this topic.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dipstick » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:45 pm

Sterling has a pretty mincing run and was very keen to come to Manchester.
Just saying!
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchster CIty
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby ruralblue » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:09 pm

Mase, are you both coming put? It's fucking çoolio in my book man though let the fiance down in a good fashion.

Who gives two hoots? These folks should not even have to think twice about it. Totally understand Fu's comments re the away fans ripping the shit out of people but let be what is. Anyone caught saying shit then ban the hatred fuckers.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Socrates » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:44 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Le Saux is not gay. And Fowlers behaviour in that incident was a disgrace and he should have been ashamed of himself. Google the incident and you will see what an utter cunt Fowler made of himself and see prob one of the many reasons while players don't come out.

Le Saux read The Guardian and... and... BOOKS and that. So he must be queer or summat eh, at least to a deeply unpleasant and unintelligent little knobhead like Fowler. Ugh. Best not to think too much about the personalities of footballers in my experience, for every Goat there seem to be a dozen Fowlers :(
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:35 am

I give a fuck. I think it would be very compelling for someone active and high profile to take the piss out of what a detriment it may be seen as. Anyone of any average level of intelligence realizes who you like to fuck or who you want to love has nothing to do with the basics of being a good person or playing a sport effectively. It's about as interesting as your fave Chinese dish at your local takeaway.

However context is everything and a Prem footballer esp of international stature being willing to take his balls out and declare himself as gay and unashamed to say so publicly is a really big deal. No matter what LookMum thinks.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:00 am

It will be huge interest and massively talked about because of what a mammoth obstacle it is for footballers. I hope someone does just so next time and the time after it's less of a talking point, but until someone of a few people bite the bullet and come out it will always be this way.

And yes I hope they've balls of steel cos they will cop it all over the country. Us football fans are still largely arseholes and bigots. I like to think I'm not in that bunch but then again so does everyone I suppose. No doubt it will cause a lot of pain for the 1st to come out, but I hope they do and I hope they survive and it opens up the game for others.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:11 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:It will be huge interest and massively talked about because of what a mammoth obstacle it is for footballers. I hope someone does just so next time and the time after it's less of a talking point, but until someone of a few people bite the bullet and come out it will always be this way.

And yes I hope they've balls of steel cos they will cop it all over the country. Us football fans are still largely arseholes and bigots. I like to think I'm not in that bunch but then again so does everyone I suppose. No doubt it will cause a lot of pain for the 1st to come out, but I hope they do and I hope they survive and it opens up the game for others.

You bring up a good point. Even the home fans would probably criticize a poor performance with things like, hypothetically speaking here of course, "oh did Sterling get too much cock in his ass last night that he can't be bothered to fuckin RUN today?" Or "he is so full of man yogurt that he's making poor decisions on the ball" or "maybe next time instead or crowding around the ref we could ask Sterling to blow him instead and the calls will start going our way?"

I could do this all night as a fauxmophobe.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum