UEFA charge City over fans booing anthem

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: UEFA charge City over fans booing anthem

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:07 pm

blues2win wrote:There are two avenues of appeal; first the UEFA appeals panel and then the CAS. As someone has suggested the Club could finance a class action by supporters based on the ECHR. It would be possible to go direct to the British courts, I would have thought, since the Human Rights Act gives direct effect to the Convention in domestic law.

My own view is that, while I strongly support the right of fans to demonstrate in this way, I don't think it does us any favours because it creates a negative atmosphere in the ground which tends to negate our home advantage.

Does it fuck.......it should galvanize the fans as an "Us against them" mentality......the atmosphere is fuckign pathetic in CL games but that has fuckall to do with booing the anthem.

We just dont like this competition and thats why the atmosphere is mute.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby blues2win » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Well I don't think the mere fact that the Club financed a class action would undermine its legal legitimacy but I could be wrong.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:11 pm

A UEFA statement in The Guardian read: "Please note that the incident was reported by the match officials, therefore a case was opened.

European football’s governing body is investigating after its match delegate included the incident in his report. A statement on Thursday confirmed that City could be sanctioned under regulation Art. 16 (2) (g) DR ‘disruption of a competition anthem’.

“Please note that the incident was reported by the match officials therefore a case was opened,” read the statement. “This does not necessarily mean that a sanction will be imposed.”

The case will be dealt with by Uefa’s control, ethics and disciplinary body on 19 November.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... are_btn_tw
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Herb » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:14 pm

blues2win wrote:There are two avenues of appeal; first the UEFA appeals panel and then the CAS. As someone has suggested the Club could finance a class action by supporters based on the ECHR. It would be possible to go direct to the British courts, I would have thought, since the Human Rights Act gives direct effect to the Convention in domestic law.

My own view is that, while I strongly support the right of fans to demonstrate in this way, I don't think it does us any favours because it creates a negative atmosphere in the ground which tends to negate our home advantage.

The eufa anthem was booed because eufa are disgustingly corrupt and the opinion of the fans was conveyed by booing that particular aspect - teams and players were not booed - there was no foul language or verbal abuse - there was no violence and no threats of violence - there was no discrimination whatsoever - it was a peaceable protest against eufa corruption so let eufa clean up its dirty act and that will solve the problem.
I had to give my seat up for a friend last night but if I'd been there I'd have booed the eufa anthem with enthusiastic vigour and I'd be proud of myself for doing so because it was a measured response to eufa corruption and most certainly the right thing to do under the circumstances.
Fuck eufa, if they find the club then I hope we don't pay them a bean and if they kick us out then so be it - they're corrupt and disgusting and they should be ashamed of their sordid organisation.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby zuricity » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:26 pm

Wasn't the anthem played to completion ? Who made the needle jump ? Who pressed stop on the cd player ? Come on own up.

It wasn't disrupted. Just a certain part of the crowd that sing the anthem are tone deaf and humm a bit .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:04 pm

What a load of absolute drivvel.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:18 pm

Fuck them.

#Together
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dameerto » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:25 pm

blues2win wrote:Well I don't think the mere fact that the Club financed a class action would undermine its legal legitimacy but I could be wrong.

It's more to do with the club's desire to continue participating in UEFA competitions without breaching their regulations any further.
It's why the lawyer taking UEFA on regarding FFP appealed for fan groups to come forward rather than the clubs themselves.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Camebro » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:17 pm

Legia Warsaw got fined for daring to point out uefa are a bunch of corrupt bastards. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... y-off.html
Camebro
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Current: zabba

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:28 pm

Camebro wrote:Legia Warsaw got fined for daring to point out uefa are a bunch of corrupt bastards. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... y-off.html

Bit different, as no way fans could do that without the club's knowledge or approval. All City can do is say they'll throw fans out for booing, at which point City would be in breach of the human rights act. Besides which, why should we listen humbly to an anthem sung in French and German? Farage for next UEFA president.

See UEFA is backing away from it though by saying the ref reported it, therefore they need to consider it but doesn't mean they'll do anything.

Additionally, it annoys Alan Green, so I'm hoping for 90 minutes of it next time
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Camebro » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:53 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Camebro wrote:Legia Warsaw got fined for daring to point out uefa are a bunch of corrupt bastards. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... y-off.html

Bit different, as no way fans could do that without the club's knowledge or approval. All City can do is say they'll throw fans out for booing, at which point City would be in breach of the human rights act. Besides which, why should we listen humbly to an anthem sung in French and German? Farage for next UEFA president.

See UEFA is backing away from it though by saying the ref reported it, therefore they need to consider it but doesn't mean they'll do anything.

Additionally, it annoys Alan Green, so I'm hoping for 90 minutes of it next time

Yeah, especially the flares. Just pointing out their not beyond fining clubs that have slighted their reputation. Especially considering it's almost double, what clubs with fans singing racist chants were handed down.
Camebro
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Current: zabba

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:03 pm

Liverpool should get fined along with BT Sport for being twats.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:05 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Liverpool should get fined along with BT Sport for being twats.

Now there's a thought. Drown out the anthem with actual support for the team...!!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:07 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:

Now there's a thought. Drown out the anthem with actual support for the team...!!

I hope the club use this as an example in their defence if UEFA are stupid enough to go ahead an punish us. You can't discriminate against the type of disruption to the anthem or it's prejudice.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby blue scooter » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:22 pm

who made up laws so you carnt cause disruption of a competition anthem?????
blue scooter
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: kompany

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:26 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:

I was expecting a Beatles mix finished of with Ferry across the mersey. Stomach churning how this country loves to display such crap...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:

I was expecting a Beatles mix finished of with Ferry across the mersey. Stomach churning how this country loves to display such crap...

Weird thing is why you'd bother watching and expect to see anything else?

As per the message from a scouser radio 5 read out, the booing had nothing to do with any principle, but was because we can never sell the Etihad out and don't have a history in Europe or the culture to appreciate it. Well we won something before they did and never killed anyone whilst doing it, but looks like we we're in the wrong again
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:35 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:

Betty boo and the Beatles. Now there's a mix!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby The Maine Man » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:42 pm

I like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by The Maine Man on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:

Weird thing is why you'd bother watching and expect to see anything else?

As per the message from a scouser radio 5 read out, the booing had nothing to do with any principle, but was because we can never sell the Etihad out and don't have a history in Europe or the culture to appreciate it. Well we won something before they did and never killed anyone whilst doing it, but looks like we we're in the wrong again

Not weird I am flicking on a night in with no other fucker here which means I have access to the remote, which is weird I grant you.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum