UEFA charge City over fans booing anthem

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: UEFA charge City over fans booing anthem

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:50 am

PeterParker wrote:So we will have some amazing refs in our remaining 3 games in the group.

Yes, I won't be surprised to see the porky millionaire, Jonas Eriksson, foisted on City again, to gift penalty kicks to our opponents!

In Oct, 2014, City played CSKA Moscow behind what was supposed to be closed doors, because of racist chanting from CSKA Moscow fans, towards City players. UEFA didn't ban or deduct points from CSKA Moscow, after they sold tickets to VIP's & let in drunken CSKA Moscow fans for the 2nd half of the match... So, by not further punishing CSKA Moscow, for ignoring UEFA's closed door ruling, UEFA only wound up punishing the CITY players & fans!!
... After crap like that, plus illegal FFP fines & squad restrictions, they actually expect City fans to cheer their anthem, which represents their UEFA football corruption?!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:03 pm

I've given up going to these jokes of games, however, I'm tempted to go to the next one just to boo.

I'm looking forward to UEFA pursuing this one and then someone taking them to court for infringement of our human rights.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:09 pm

If you want to protest against them, just don't go to the fuckin game. No wonder we don't perform with an atmosphere and apathy like last night. Do it from your fuckin lounge. Idiots. Let everyone else support the team.

Uefa charging us for this - embarrassing and childish to say the least.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:11 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:If you want to protest against them, just don't go to the fuckin game. No wonder we don't perform with an atmosphere and apathy like last night. Do it from your fuckin lounge. Idiots. Let everyone else support the team.

BOO BOO
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:13 pm

UEFA say the relevant committee will consider whether to sanction the Club on November 19. My suspicion is they will issue a warning to the Club which will lead to even more booing at the next match. I presume the Club can appeal to the Court for Arbitration of Sport in the event that any punishment is handed down. The Club have made no public comment but let it be known they will stand by the fans. I should fucking hope so.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:25 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:If you want to protest against them, just don't go to the fuckin game. No wonder we don't perform with an atmosphere and apathy like last night. Do it from your fuckin lounge. Idiots. Let everyone else support the team.

BOO BOO

That's better. Doing it from the comfort of your own home.

Seriously though, if we boo'd and then massively got behind the team, I'd be totally relaxed, but nothing. The boos were the loudest we were all night.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:29 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

BOO BOO

That's better. Doing it from the comfort of your own home.

Seriously though, if we boo'd and then massively got behind the team, I'd be totally relaxed, but nothing. The boos were the loudest we were all night.

If I was in charge Betty Boo would be played before the bollocks and a lookalike would be with the captain as he walks down the tunnel.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby phips » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:22 pm

absurd
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:23 pm

uefarce
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:35 pm

blues2win wrote:Every legal avenue should be pursued to stop this farcical action.

What legal avenues do we have other than going to CAS to appeal any penalty's handed down by UEFA?
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:30 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
blues2win wrote:Every legal avenue should be pursued to stop this farcical action.

What legal avenues do we have other than going to CAS to appeal any penalty's handed down by UEFA?

European Convention on Human Rights, Article 10: Freedom of expression

1) Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:04 pm

I see Mike Keegan of the Mail has followed up Samuel's excellent piece with the usual rag bullshit about attendance. Typical rag negative bullshit.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:18 pm

Is there any sense in an epetition to the Club urging them to resist any sanction imposed on November 19 through every legal avenue?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:19 pm

blues2win wrote:Is there any sense in an epetition to the Club urging them to resist any sanction imposed on November 19 through every legal avenue?

Pay the fine and raise ticket prices for away fans to cover it?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:19 pm

Talkshite and knowfuckall Gough is in overdrive calling City fans pathetic for booing the anthem.
Maybe he thinks we should be ripping out seats and throwing them at the Uefa representatives
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:26 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

European Convention on Human Rights, Article 10: Freedom of expression

1) Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.

That seems to be like our freedom of speech law. With ours it only applies to the government and not private organizations or businesses.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:28 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:

The club could take it to CAS to dispute the fine, a fan's group could take a class action to the European courts for breach of human rights though - that guy that's having a go at them for FFP would be my recommendation for a lawyer.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Dameerto wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

The club could take it to CAS to dispute the fine, a fan's group could take a class action to the European courts for breach of human rights though - that guy that's having a go at them for FFP would be my recommendation for a lawyer.

I know what action the club can take. Most on here don't they every time UEFA/FIFA/FA investigate or take action against the club. People continuously bring up taking UEFA/FIFA/FA to court or suing them. When the club cannot take that action. The only thing we can do is as a final step in any appeals is take it to the CAS.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby blues2win » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:02 pm

There are two avenues of appeal; first the UEFA appeals panel and then the CAS. As someone has suggested the Club could finance a class action by supporters based on the ECHR. It would be possible to go direct to the British courts, I would have thought, since the Human Rights Act gives direct effect to the Convention in domestic law.

My own view is that, while I strongly support the right of fans to demonstrate in this way, I don't think it does us any favours because it creates a negative atmosphere in the ground which tends to negate our home advantage.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dameerto » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:05 pm

The club can't be connected to any legal action though, it would have to be an independent fan thing. And I think a UEFA attempt to stifle our right to protest is worth reacting to.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum