UEFA charge City over fans booing anthem

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: UEFA charge City over fans booing anthem

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:15 pm

"Uefa caused outrage after fining Manchester City £24,735 for being one minute late back on to the pitch – around £8,000 more than Porto were charged for their fans directing racist abuse at Mario Balotelli and Yaya Touré a month earlier."

This one as well? It's a collection of things that's probably gathered pace since we were fined for FFP. I'd imagine we're booing for different instances but for overall the same reason.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:28 pm

Mase wrote:"Uefa caused outrage after fining Manchester City £24,735 for being one minute late back on to the pitch – around £8,000 more than Porto were charged for their fans directing racist abuse at Mario Balotelli and Yaya Touré a month earlier."

This one as well? It's a collection of things that's probably gathered pace since we were fined for FFP. I'd imagine we're booing for different instances but for overall the same reason.

This is why I say its been going on a long time, I haven't been now at home for a few years, but it was happening then in pockets in 2012 and certainly happened at Dortmund home from what I can remember, but it was certainly loud and clear in In the Nou Camp In 2014 when i was there and every blue in the ground gave a massive boo during the anthem, the Moscow situation hadn't even happened then!

So Moscow being the source of the problem is absolute bullshit, it might not be THE reason, but it may well be a contributor as you say.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:53 am

I've still not got over them fining us for throwing paper airplanes on the pitch!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:10 am

Has anyone got a list of all the shit we've had from uefa? Would be interesting to see it listed in black and white.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:14 am

Mase wrote:"Uefa caused outrage after fining Manchester City £24,735 for being one minute late back on to the pitch – around £8,000 more than Porto were charged for their fans directing racist abuse at Mario Balotelli and Yaya Touré a month earlier."

The organisation that is uefa has long been attacking our club officially. There is also the conspiracy theory amongst many supporters about the groups for the UCL being rigged. Whatever any individual reason for their booing response. It is certainly with contempt that we view uefa. There are no city fans who celebrate the Uefa organisation.

Any journo who decides to do a little bit of work for their money will be able to find a catalogue of reasons why we should dislike uefa.

The above is a very good example.from Mase.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:49 am

It's not only the sanctions that have irked us, it's the general way we have been talked about by their executives, basically calling us cheats to the whole of the footballing world.

How they were allowed to drag our name through the mud, at every opportunity, then implement regulations to sanction us, and then change them to then state our business model was the shining light, is a disgrace.

The sooner the bent cunts are dead, the better.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:57 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... s-now.html

They're jumping on the bandwagon. Better late than never. Good article though.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:11 am

london blue 2 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3288007/Football-s-leaders-let-never-obvious-now.html

Read that this morning mate and definitely worth a viewing. Pity they have saved this for now instead of slating us at every opportunity as part of their anti-City propaganda, following like sheep to the UEFA trough.

Instead of highlighting empty seats they should've been asking why, but as this article states, they already knew but decided not to report it.

We, as City fans, have always kept our sense of value towards football, rather than falling for the glory of money and silverware. The football should always come first, allowing others to prosper if they get the chance. UEFA, and their paymasters, have tried to stop this and over the years have taken control of the game we love.

We, the fans, own the game, and it's long about time we let them know.

Keep Calm & Keep On Booing!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:06 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3288007/Football-s-leaders-let-never-obvious-now.html

Read that this morning mate and definitely worth a viewing. Pity they have saved this for now instead of slating us at every opportunity as part of their anti-City propaganda, following like sheep to the UEFA trough.

Instead of highlighting empty seats they should've been asking why, but as this article states, they already knew but decided not to report it.

We, as City fans, have always kept our sense of value towards football, rather than falling for the glory of money and silverware. The football should always come first, allowing others to prosper if they get the chance. UEFA, and their paymasters, have tried to stop this and over the years have taken control of the game we love.

Most of us have watched City when we were completely shit. Personally, I'd never have expected any success and once we got it, I've been expecting it to fall apart, that the sheikh really would leave and we'd be left £1bn in debt with the equivalent of Danny Mills x 11 as a first team. As a result, I still appreciate a win, let alone a trophy.

UEFA and the 'big' clubs have never made us feel welcome, like a lottery winner in the royal enclosure. But we're northern, we don't give a shit. Complain about us looking a bit brash and we'll turn up at your next event in a diamond encrusted Bentley, wearing a pink fur coat and if you don't like it, tough shit. Now pass me another beer, darling. And if you want to start a fight, we'll be right in your face ready for it.

If anyone else wants to join us, then great, but if not, so what, UEFA are cunts and we'll boo their ridiculous anthem every chance we get. And if you tell us we can't boo, well you better get some ear plugs.

I've given up with their stupid competition since the CSKA game fiasco and haven't been since, but I'll be at Wolfsburg, mainly so I can boo that shite and then cheer the team on. I couldn't give a shit previously and wouldn't have cared if we'd finished 4th in the group, but now I want to reach the final and boo there, win it, boo through the entire presentation and then watch Kompany spit in the cup, drop kick it into the stand then walk off before he can be interviewed by your carefully chosen sponsors.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:21 pm

our booing should be applauded
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:47 pm

That's a good read from The Mail. There is definitely a change in the air. A nerve has been struck, that goes beyond tribal rivalry.
This could really be turned into a galvanising force, to get behind the team in Europe.
We know the competition is bent, but fuck them. The further we get in this CL, the more they are going to have to listen to our dissenting voices.
What more motivation is needed to get behind the team.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:53 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Most of us have watched City when we were completely shit. Personally, I'd never have expected any success and once we got it, I've been expecting it to fall apart, that the sheikh really would leave and we'd be left £1bn in debt with the equivalent of Danny Mills x 11 as a first team. As a result, I still appreciate a win, let alone a trophy.

UEFA and the 'big' clubs have never made us feel welcome, like a lottery winner in the royal enclosure. But we're northern, we don't give a shit. Complain about us looking a bit brash and we'll turn up at your next event in a diamond encrusted Bentley, wearing a pink fur coat and if you don't like it, tough shit. Now pass me another beer, darling. And if you want to start a fight, we'll be right in your face ready for it.

If anyone else wants to join us, then great, but if not, so what, UEFA are cunts and we'll boo their ridiculous anthem every chance we get. And if you tell us we can't boo, well you better get some ear plugs.

I've given up with their stupid competition since the CSKA game fiasco and haven't been since, but I'll be at Wolfsburg, mainly so I can boo that shite and then cheer the team on. I couldn't give a shit previously and wouldn't have cared if we'd finished 4th in the group, but now I want to reach the final and boo there, win it, boo through the entire presentation and then watch Kompany spit in the cup, drop kick it into the stand then walk off before he can be interviewed by your carefully chosen sponsors.

Id like to add absolutely nothing else to this excellent piece of yours.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:38 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Why will you be at Wolfsburg?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:11 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Most of us have watched City when we were completely shit. Personally, I'd never have expected any success and once we got it, I've been expecting it to fall apart, that the sheikh really would leave and we'd be left £1bn in debt with the equivalent of Danny Mills x 11 as a first team. As a result, I still appreciate a win, let alone a trophy.

Spot on, mate. Apart from Borussia Moenchengladbach for Wolfsburg.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:06 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:Most of us have watched City when we were completely shit. Personally, I'd never have expected any success and once we got it, I've been expecting it to fall apart, that the sheikh really would leave and we'd be left £1bn in debt with the equivalent of Danny Mills x 11 as a first team. As a result, I still appreciate a win, let alone a trophy.

Spot on, mate. Apart from Borussia Moenchengladbach for Wolfsburg.

Told you I couldn't care less about this competition! But I will be cheering Wolfsburg on
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:00 am

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:14 pm

Vincent would make an ideal replacement for Blatter, if we didn't still need him in central defence.

Actually, he could probably do the job just fine in his regular breaks to recover from calf injuries.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum