Bony - Malaria

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bony - Malaria

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:50 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Be fucking honest Carl, you wanted a new keeper signed back then and you were of the opinion that Hart wouldn't accept it and he would want to move, you were happy for that to happen.

I think everyone wanted a new Keeper back then , such was the fruistration of watching Hart fuck up.He had no competition and thats why he let his game drop.
Pellegrini dropped him because Hart was playing SHIT.

He was dropped , he got competition , he came back strong.

Ill say it again , I was right all along and I never ever said we should sell him (Not that I recall , not even in a knee jerk match thread)

You said he would want to move on because he's a cocky, arrogant shit or words to that effect, yet despite this being your belief you still wanted a keeper signed, that tells me you were happy for him to be sold.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:01 pm

can't pick on bony when all of the attacking players yaya kdb sterling and navas were dogshit as well.
The service bony got was awful.
But he is an easy target and some people feel the need for a scapegoat. Despite a good result.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:53 pm

sheblue wrote:can't pick on bony when all of the attacking players yaya kdb sterling and navas were dogshit as well.
But he is an easy target and some people feel the need for a scapegoat. Despite a good result.

Go to the bottom of the class and stare at the wall for an hour.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:57 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Be fucking honest Carl, you wanted a new keeper signed back then and you were of the opinion that Hart wouldn't accept it and he would want to move, you were happy for that to happen.

I think everyone wanted a new Keeper back then , such was the fruistration of watching Hart fuck up.He had no competition and thats why he let his game drop.
Pellegrini dropped him because Hart was playing SHIT.

He was dropped , he got competition , he came back strong.

Ill say it again , I was right all along and I never ever said we should sell him (Not that I recall , not even in a knee jerk match thread)

You said he would want to move on because he's a cocky, arrogant shit or words to that effect, yet despite this being your belief you still wanted a keeper signed, that tells me you were happy for him to be sold.

Which part of "this is a Bony thread" didnt you fuckign grasp ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:16 pm

sheblue wrote:can't pick on bony when all of the attacking players yaya kdb sterling and navas were dogshit as well.

I agree, although that one chance from the cross he missed did show the issues that are with his lack of pace.

We were also playing him quite deep (false 9-like) to help with defence and relying on him almost as another creative attacking midfielder.

I disagree that he offers only "hold up play" when that sounds rather simplistic to describe it. Bony does have a pretty amazing touch from what I see, but I think he has been trying too hard to create some magnificent flick, as if he is also worrying about not scoring and trying to show us he has other qualities.

Problem yesterday was that Utd seemed to surround him immediately when received the ball with 2 or 3 players. This tells me they were also maybe thinking he is more focused on creating than scoring, which is not a good thing. Is it confidence or skill, or both? I think his confidence is low and it's not helping. His lack of pace also cause him issues in those situations, where he isn't making a quick turn to escape from a defender, and I do wonder if he would be better served playing in a 2 striker system as a supporting deep lying forward/false 9. Thing is don't Swansea use 1 striker, so what's going on?

He is a striker and needs to score goals. One cannot deny that. Iehanacho did look quite dangerous again as a poacher and you wonder if Bony doesn't improve his performance in his set role and we struggle to find goals after the next game or two he may wind up being dropped.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:52 pm

PrezIke wrote:

I agree, although that one chance from the cross he missed did show the issues that are with his lack of pace.

We were also playing him quite deep (false 9-like) to help with defence and relying on him almost as another creative attacking midfielder.

I disagree that he offers only "hold up play" when that sounds rather simplistic to describe it. Bony does have a pretty amazing touch from what I see, but I think he has been trying too hard to create some magnificent flick, as if he is also worrying about not scoring and trying to show us he has other qualities.

Problem yesterday was that Utd seemed to surround him immediately when received the ball with 2 or 3 players. This tells me they were also maybe thinking he is more focused on creating than scoring, which is not a good thing. Is it confidence or skill, or both? I think his confidence is low and it's not helping. His lack of pace also cause him issues in those situations, where he isn't making a quick turn to escape from a defender, and I do wonder if he would be better served playing in a 2 striker system as a supporting deep lying forward/false 9. Thing is don't Swansea use 1 striker, so what's going on?

He is a striker and needs to score goals. One cannot deny that. Iehanacho did look quite dangerous again as a poacher and you wonder if Bony doesn't improve his performance in his set role and we struggle to find goals after the next game or two he may wind up being dropped.

You could have saved yourself an essay by just stating that he was shit.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

PMSL !

Perhaps he has one of those THWM machines from QVC .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Can we just agree to stop using the false 9 term? I don't get it and it's irritating, because if you're a false something then you're obviously a real something else. It's like I would refer to Carl as a false Doomie, Doomie as a false Dazby and Noolie as a false Cocacolajojo.

Please?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:06 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Can we just agree to stop using the false 9 term? I don't get it and it's irritating, because if you're a false something then you're obviously a real something else. It's like I would refer to Carl as a false Doomie, Doomie as a false Dazby and Noolie as a false Cocacolajojo.

Please?

Ooooh ! Touchy tonight eh ....
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PrezIke » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:42 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

You're right. What was I thinking? Better to leave attempts at nuanced discussion off of a fan forum.

Me Grimlock, fool?

Me Grimlock no bozo! Me king.

Me Grimlock say execute Bony before he ruins team.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Wooders » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:57 pm

I think he would play better with a strike partner myself
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:37 pm

Always wondered what the M stood for in Bony - M.
No wonder they shortened it to M. Bony Malaria isn't that catchy.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby sheblue » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:01 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Go to the bottom of the class and stare at the wall for an hour.

You try score goals with the elephant man sitting on your shoulders.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:07 pm

Hes fuckign cow shit.

No way will Pellerini drop him for Nacho..not having spunked 28 million on the cunt.....chrost on a bike , I fuckign hate watching the bow legged cunt play for us.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Hes fuckign cow shit.

No way will Pellerini drop him for Nacho..not having spunked 28 million on the cunt.....chrost on a bike , I fuckign hate watching the bow legged cunt play for us.

The way he runs disgusts me. The slow ass fucker. I hate his touch. It makes me cringe.

Literally I haven't disliked a players style and contribution more in the short time I've been following City. I'm sure others will call me spoiled and trot out some old names of truly shite players from years gone by, but I only have a decade of candidates and most of this shit ones I've often just felt badly for because we outpaced them. Or they never were a fit. But Bony is not just Benjani Mark II he is even worse because the team around him is F1 and he's driving a local track go kart whereas we were getting decent when Benjani was here but we were nowhere near our level now.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:22 pm

He's not good enough.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby bigblue » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:56 pm

I like him. And doomie + Carl's hatred of him is getting quite strange (especially doomie cheers)
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:01 pm

bigblue wrote:I like him. And doomie + Carl's hatred of him is getting quite strange (especially doomie cheers)

You watched that game and decided you like him?

He's fucking useless. Had he taken either of those two glorious chances we gave him in 1st half we go on and kill Norwich. Shocking waste of a spot
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Socrates » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:47 pm

Capable and physically strong striker with an eye for goal. Truth is though that he fits into our team like Jeremy Corbyn would at the CBI. Needs to go to somewhere he can prosper again and we need a new back-up for Serg.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby branny » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:47 pm

He has a great track record (99 career goals from 209 starts) but maybe he's just one of those players that isnt going to work out. I believe he only missed a handful of games during his time at Swansea whilst with us he's been injured more frequently and had Malaria. His strike rate with us is less than one in four. The chances he had today he snatched at. I think Pellers is trying his best to get hin firing and a lot of the play first half seemed to go through the middle. Second half i'd have taken him off instead of Nacho because he was dropping deep to get involved, then the ball was going wide and he just isn't quick enough to then get on the end of the crosses. I think he knows that this is his shot at the big time and he desperately wants to do well. Unfortunately he's probably in the worst form of his life with a transfer window just around the corner
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum