Bony - Malaria

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bony - Malaria

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:35 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:It's not even a struggle for me.

Nacho plays and we punish the Rags.
Bony plays and we will make heavy weather of a mediocre side.

Cheers

You're starting to sound Herbacious on this topic Doomie.

Whatever. Apparently people think Bony is a great striker. No sweat. I hope they're right.

Cheers

He's a very good back up for Aguero. No?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:43 pm

He may not be a 'great striker', but have you seen his thighs?? Unparalleled!
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby PrezIke » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:09 pm

Mase wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:It's not even a struggle for me.

Nacho plays and we punish the Rags.
Bony plays and we will make heavy weather of a mediocre side.

Cheers

You're starting to sound Herbacious on this topic Doomie.

Whatever. Apparently people think Bony is a great striker. No sweat. I hope they're right.

Cheers

He's a very good back up for Aguero. No?

This.

Also never said Bony was great, btw. Did someone?

He's quite good and can offer different things to the team as a backup that are valuable and fit our needs.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby harveytravis » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:34 pm

If you want to know why Bony looked so classy on MOD it's down to one word = EDITING

I was at the game and was screaming for Nacho to come on in the second half.
Bony was slow and most of his passes were simple tap backs. His control was decidedly average and his speed lacklustre. HIs vision I'm afraid is limited.

Sure Bony is a good footballer but

KDB, Aguero, Silva, Yaya etc are GREAT footballers

KDB's through ball for Sterling's goal had me drooling! (Sorry about the coat Alan) and when he came off the quality of football definitely dropped somewhat. Such a shame Nacho isn't in the EURO squad.
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:27 am

harveytravis wrote:If you want to know why Bony looked so classy on MOD it's down to one word = EDITING

Bony was slow and most of his passes were simple tap backs. His control was decidedly average and his speed lacklustre. HIs vision I'm afraid is limited.

KDB's through ball for Sterling's goal had me drooling! (Sorry about the coat Alan) and when he came off the quality of football definitely dropped somewhat. Such a shame Nacho isn't in the EURO squad.

Exactly how I see it.

Time will tell, but I doubt Ill ever warm to any forward whos slower than a fuckign carthorse.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:09 am

harveytravis wrote:If you want to know why Bony looked so classy on MOD it's down to one word = EDITING

I was drooling over Bony's lofted pass to Sterling when he put him through one on one with the keeper.

The quality of football did drop but that's what tends to happen when firstly you take Yaya, arguably the PL's best passer of a ball off and then take KDB off who was probably our second best passer on the pitch.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:31 am

Lazy reader wrote:

Was Dzeko really much better than he at fitting this mould?

MOTD showed how much Bony contributed and were praising his partnership with Sterling, as I was, and I am sure others. They were all drooling over his play. How can there be such discrepancy? This is not a disagreement about one play or a referee's decision this is about quality of performance. It does not make sense.

I'm still at a loss as to what the evidence is from yesterday as to why he was so poor. His pace getting to the pass that he flicked on to Sterling? Okay, but he made the play that led to the goal. Talk about nit picking. The quality of the opposition? Okay, but no one is saying he is our #1 striker. He's the backup. As they pointed to he gives us a completely different type of player instead of Kun. All this sounds like a personal grudge or something which is unfortunate, but it does not mean the debate needs to end.

carl and Doomie apparently want Nacho to play, but that's a lot to bank on someone who has just barely gotten first team football, and we are a top team that does not want to rely on such a move. Critics of the selection are also not perhaps considering the effects of dropping Bony already for Nacho on team morale and confidence in the manager. As a result, this just not going to happen at this point unless we start doing poorly with Bony for long enough while Kun is out. It's whinging when we full well know the change will not happen, nor would I suspect most top managers to do so either.

My main point is that if a striker is not scoring goals then what use are they if they don't do much else? That was the definition of Dzeko, and meanwhile this mythological striker that we could have other than Ieanacho is not easy to find in a world where such players come at a huge premium (see Martial's fee) as there are really not that many out there right now.

It's a shame that you didn't bother to read the second half of my post where I wrote pretty much what you've written as a "response" to me. It reads:

With that said, I'm fairly certain Bony's good enough to win us the league, domestic cups and to take us some distance in the CL. He brings us something completely different to Agüero and also what Dzeko brought. IMO, that's what we need. How many times have we not sat here on this bloody forum, moaning about Hart's kicks going nowhere? Well they don't seem to end up with the oppo as much with Bony on the field. We need a squad with different options to pick the lock of different types of defences. Not only is he an awesome target player but he does seem to have a good reading of the game and a nice pair of passing feet on him.

I would add that Sterling thrived with him on the field. Motd highlighted it, I don't know if you've seen it?

;)
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:04 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:He may not be a 'great striker', but have you seen his thighs?? Unparalleled!

they need to be that size to carry that arse around
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:36 am

Fuck his injuries and fuck his past malaria (Ive had malaria in the past and it doesnt fuck your football up weeks after youve had it ffs !!!)...........hes fuckign shit.

There , Ive started the ball rolling.....never ever have we seen such a lazy fat arsed forward , even Dzeko got into the box quicker than this cunt.

My blood boiled first of all when he was still offside (Ive mentioned this a few times) when the ball came back into the area.....luckily the fuckign Gurner headed it in panic for a corner as Sterling pelted forward.

My blood boiled again when KDB fired in a great cross into the penalty area dn fat arse was nowhere near where he should have been,

Blood boiled again when the cunt was supposedly defending a corner and smalling headed it and just missed the bottom right hand post ( that one that seemed to be in slow motion) , fat arse was in fuckign no mans land instead of defending that post.

I lost it completely when the useless tit got hold of, what should have been a 4 against 3 breakaway but instead lost it and if it wasnt for Joe Hart we would have gone a goal down.

Overall he won very few battles and was generally a lazy cunt.

Anyone that says " well he holds the ball up well can fuck off"

Quick silver Nacho came on and their defense shit themselves and he didnt even touch the ball ffs !!!

Theres the difference......Fuck off Bony , your pap !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:51 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Fuck his injuries and fuck his past malaria (Ive had malaria in the past and it doesnt fuck your football up weeks after youve had it ffs !!!)...........hes fuckign shit.

There , Ive started the ball rolling.....never ever have we seen such a lazy fat arsed forward , even Dzeko got into the box quicker than this cunt.

My blood boiled first of all when he was still offside (Ive mentioned this a few times) when the ball came back into the area.....luckily the fuckign Gurner headed it in panic for a corner as Sterling pelted forward.

My blood boiled again when KDB fired in a great cross into the penalty area dn fat arse was nowhere near where he should have been,

Blood boiled again when the cunt was supposedly defending a corner and smalling headed it and just missed the bottom right hand post ( that one that seemed to be in slow motion) , fat arse was in fuckign no mans land instead of defending that post.

I lost it completely when the useless tit got hold of, what should have been a 4 against 3 breakaway but instead lost it and if it wasnt for Joe Hart we would have gone a goal down.

Quick silver Nacho came on and their defense shit themselves and he didnt even touch the ball ffs !!!

you're
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:52 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Fuck his injuries and fuck his past malaria (Ive had malaria in the past and it doesnt fuck your football up weeks after youve had it ffs !!!)...........hes fuckign shit.

Their defence didn't shit themselves, on one occasion Jones fucked up a header after getting a little sneaky nudge from Nacho as he was jumping and despite being quicksilver as you put it he still couldn't get on the ball as our attacks kept breaking down as soon as we got into the final third. I'm not defending Bony here, he was poor as were the rest of our attacking players but don't fool yourself that the kid would've been a better starting option.

Btw Carl, do you still want to fuck Kompany off and what about Hart, still want to fuck him off too?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:00 am

Their defence didn't shit themselves, on one occasion Jones fucked up a header after getting a little sneaky nudge from Nacho as he was jumping and despite being quicksilver as you put it he still couldn't get on the ball as our attacks kept breaking down as soon as we got into the final third. I'm not defending Bony here, he was poor as were the rest of our attacking players but don't fool yourself that the kid would've been a better starting option.

Btw Carl, do you still want to fuck Kompany off and what about Hart, still want to fuck him off too?

Only a moron would defend Bony....and yes they did shit themselves when Nacho came on...panic in defense.The spanish commentators picked up on it.

Kompany has imporved and if you have read my posts since the season started you would not have to ask me that question.
And Hart ??? where the fuck over the last few seasons have I ever wanted him to fuck off???

Stop making shit up.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:15 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Only a moron would defend Bony....and yes they did shit themselves when Nacho came on...panic in defense.The spanish commentators picked up on it.

Kompany has imporved and if you have read my posts since the season started you would not have to ask me that question.
And Hart ??? where the fuck over the last few seasons have I ever wanted him to fuck off???

Stop making shit up.

"It was obvious to a blind cunt that Hart has been average at best over the last 18 months and we should have signed someone in the window,big mistake imo.."
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mike J » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:23 am

Im still confident with a run of gams this lad will scores goals for us.

He certainly needs to step it up though, especially against big teams. Needs to prove why we signed him. And he has to up his work rate hugely.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Crossie » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:31 am

Is he better than Dzeko? No. Certainly not in goal scoring and thats exactly what we need a striker to do. "Ohhh he holds the ball up" fuck that, Aguero can hold the ball up, Dzeko could too. Bony needs to be able to hold the ball up and score goals too at our level.

Really disappointing signing so far. I was pleased when we signed him too.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:36 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Stop making shit up.

"It was obvious to a blind cunt that Hart has been average at best over the last 18 months and we should have signed someone in the window,big mistake imo.."

And where in that did I say I wanted him gone ????...he was playing average to poor back then(plenty of respected pundits agreed with that anaysis) and was making mistakes and he needed decent competition to his spot.

I was right , he was dropped and then came back better than ever.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:36 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Stop making shit up.

Carl's said some dumb shit over the years, but his assessment of this game is remarkably accurate. He's like a drunk pundit telling it like it is.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:42 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Stop making shit up.

Carl's said some dumb shit over the years, but his assessment of this game is remarkably accurate. He's like a drunk pundit telling it like it is.

Ive probably been dumbed into submission reading most of your fuckign posts too often.

Im nearly always right , and when Im not exactly right , Im more right than some of the cunts on here ever will be.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:44 am

Be fucking honest Carl, you wanted a new keeper signed back then and you were of the opinion that Hart wouldn't accept it and he would want to move, you were happy for that to happen.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:48 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Be fucking honest Carl, you wanted a new keeper signed back then and you were of the opinion that Hart wouldn't accept it and he would want to move, you were happy for that to happen.

I think everyone wanted a new Keeper back then , such was the fruistration of watching Hart fuck up.He had no competition and thats why he let his game drop.
Pellegrini dropped him because Hart was playing SHIT.

He was dropped , he got competition , he came back strong.

Ill say it again , I was right all along and I never ever said we should sell him (Not that I recall , not even in a knee jerk match thread)

And this thread is a Bony thread........you can put my comments in your file if you like so you can quote me later on.

Also , any player that wants to fuck off because of us brining in competition for their spot....can fuck off.
You can quote me on that as well.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum