Bony - Malaria

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bony - Malaria

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:26 pm

sheblue wrote:Will ya's give it a rest.

seriously...you motherfuckers are the ones pulling us up for stating the obvious once or twice a week for the last month, and then you rub it in our faces everytime some spasmoidal abortion tells someone that he's not shit or says that his farts don't smell like dead animals. Big fucking woop.

I really hope Bony does something amazing to merit his place in our team. That's like the millionth time i've said that.

Also, i don't see that happening.

That is all.

Why don't youze give it a rest, pal.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby bigblue » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:49 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Isnt doing bad ???.,.well your fuckign blind then.He has been shit infront of goal more often than not and the cunt cant run to save his fuckign life........slower than the titanic......not just my opinion , pundits agree,thousands of fans agree.
Forget breakaway goals by this cunt , more often than not ,he cannot even get into the box on time when these crosses come in from open play.
Our team is made to break away at speed and IMO Bony just does not fit into that style.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that "pundits" agree. Wow! But which pundits are these exactly? Are they the same ones that you and everyone on here slag off every week as being clueless fuckwads? If so, funny for you to point to these same talking heads as backup for your emotional rant. By the way, maybe point me in the direction of these luminary thinkers so we can get a few drops of their football wisdom.

Oh and thousands of fans agree as well. Wow that's a lot! Except when you realize that there are hundreds of thousands of City fans now and you're in with the fucked up boo-boy minority.

Also, we are setup to break away at speed, but having a target man up top who can hold onto the ball, get a flick-on, or make a good pass in no way diminshes our speed. The ball goes up to Bony and he holds it up or flicks it on to the speedsters running in behind him. Bony is good at link-up play and tight interpassing, which much, much more crucial to our style of play than speed. Who do you think we are, the rags under baconface?
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:53 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:seriously...you motherfuckers are the ones pulling us up for stating the obvious once or twice a week for the last month, and then you rub it in our faces everytime some spasmoidal abortion tells someone that he's not shit or says that his farts don't smell like dead animals. Big fucking woop.

I really hope Bony does something amazing to merit his place in our team. That's like the millionth time i've said that.

Also, i don't see that happening.

That is all.

Why don't youze give it a rest, pal.

cheers

See there is your strange anti-Bony fetish showing itself again. Why does he have to do something amazing? Has Sagna, Demi, Navas, Gael, Mangeler, Fernando, Dinho, Samir, or any striker besides Sergio ever done something amazing to merit a place in the team? Or have they just had a run of solid, good games that helps the team to the win...

And why do you feel the need to remind everyone a million times that Bony isn't amazing or that you don't see him becomming amazing? Especially when he's had a bunch of injuries and malaria during the first 9 months of his City career. Strange innit.

How about just hold him to the standard of having a good game and help to team to a win? And give the million reminders that he's not amazed you a rest, eh pal.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:20 pm

Bony is afine player in need of games, he will get of plenty of goals, without Sergio, I fail to see how anyone can be anything but entertained. Pretty sure we will have thing to moan about as the season gets to the rub.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Just re-watched the Palace game. He scored the first so that was ok. He showed good strength and headed while under pressure.

He took part in the build up for Kevs goal, feeding Nacho who then feed Kev. He then made a run which put Kev in, in the 2nd half but the keeper made good save.

He then dummied for the 3rd goal allowing Nacho to score.

4th was a pen and I think he was off the pitch for the 5th. Not amazing but tidy. Any forward player would be happy with that input.

I would be massively worried if he wasn't doing a anything and not involved but that is not the case. He isn't easy on the eye but who is compared to Sergio. Let's just get behind the lad and see if this helps him.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:45 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Bony is afine player in need of games, he will get of plenty of goals, without Sergio, I fail to see how anyone can be anything but entertained. Pretty sure we will have thing to moan about as the season gets to the rub.

They were moaning about Otto before the Derby telling us how shite he was. Fickle bastards now think he's mustard. Nowt like giving people time is there....
Sister of fu

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:54 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Bony is afine player in need of games, he will get of plenty of goals, without Sergio, I fail to see how anyone can be anything but entertained. Pretty sure we will have thing to moan about as the season gets to the rub.

They were moaning about Otto before the Derby telling us how shite he was. Fickle bastards now think he's mustard. Nowt like giving people time is there....

Fernando was given loads of shit last year when every time we get one of these defensive mids in it takes them a season to get used to the Prem (Nige, Baby Fern, Javi G). I don't think we'll ever learn. I'm just waiting for you weirdos to wake up and realise how quality Kolarov is.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby roblues » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:55 pm

It's nice, in a way, to have the biggest split in the camp this year be over a guy who has a proven scoring record before joining and a respectable minutes to goals ratio while playing for us despite the listed setbacks that he has had.

I can see the aspects in his game that make people doubt that he can ever be the guy for us - despite his reasonable goal output he should have scored double. I personally focus on the things he is getting right, his constant involvement in the play and willingness to keep trying, as I'm a glass half full type. I don't think either argument is winning in the discussions on these boards.

However, I'm so sick of the idea that someone has to perform like Aguero for a year before they get the benefit of the doubt for a poor first touch/pass/shot in a game - the groans that inevitably follow will only lead to the type of snatched finishes and failed hero plays that we saw from Wilf in the last game.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:26 am

@BMRisingTV: Bony - "I wanted to take the penalty at the end, it would have been good for my confidence. I wanted the ball."

Ahem
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:51 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:@BMRisingTV: Bony - "I wanted to take the penalty at the end, it would have been good for my confidence. I wanted the ball."

Ahem

If there's a pecking then there's a pecking order, you stick to it.

Besides, why should Sterling who won the pen hand it over to Bony?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:18 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:@BMRisingTV: Bony - "I wanted to take the penalty at the end, it would have been good for my confidence. I wanted the ball."

Ahem

This is one of those silly rules that makes no sense. Two players dying to gain confidence overlooked for a left back being a bit selfish and missing anyway.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:32 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Ahem

This is one of those silly rules that makes no sense. Two players dying to gain confidence overlooked for a left back being a bit selfish and missing anyway.

Kola has been a very good pen taker over the years.

If we could have let Bony take it and he agreed to be benched for lack of confidence if he missed then I'd have him take all our pens moving forward.

Cheer
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:24 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Ahem

If you don't have a pecking order then you get a situation where players are arguing with each other on the pitch over who gets to take it, now that's silly.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Get Bony off he is scoring that twat Navas and Joe wtf. Hahahahahahahahaha
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mike J » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:23 pm

Can we get off this lads back! As I said in an earlier post, he WILL score goals for us.

Happy for him tonight! Holding it up excellently as well
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:10 pm

Decent tonight lad. Can't really ask anymore, well maybe another goal but he put a shift in and was a focal point. Deserved the standing ovation.
Sister of fu

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:15 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Decent tonight lad. Can't really ask anymore, well maybe another goal but he put a shift in and was a focal point. Deserved the standing ovation.

He's a frustrating fecker. But I like him. Really should be putting more chances away, but what he offered us tonight, is something Edin just couldn't do.
I thought his overall game was very good.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:24 pm

He's a fantastic team player. And I don't care if he's like Andy Cole and misses two or three chances but scores one every game.

We look so balanced with him in the side.

Overall, I'm delighted with him so far this season. Especially as a lot of those shots will start going in again. Like they have throughout his career.
Original Dub

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:21 am

His hold up play and ability to spot a tackle coming was a notch above this game. Had him down as legit mom candidate and I've been very critical.

If this is a turn for him I'll be more than happy to say I'm wrong. Time will tell.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby bigblue » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:21 am

Original Dub wrote:He's a fantastic team player. And I don't care if he's like Andy Cole and misses two or three chances but scores one every game.

We look so balanced with him in the side.

Overall, I'm delighted with him so far this season. Especially as a lot of those shots will start going in again. Like they have throughout his career.

Agree and he gives defences something else to think about. You have the speedsters out wide, Yaya/Dinho just behind, and a battering ram out muscling you up top.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum