Bony - Malaria

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bony - Malaria

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:41 pm

Apparently he's admitted after the match that the mysterious illness he had during the summer was in fact Malaria which he contracted whilst in Ivory Coast.

Maybe we can understand his early season form a bit more and give the benefit of the doubt.

Today showed he's not a player that will go missing or look half arsed; he's someone that's happy to graft. I remember Goater getting booed by some City fans when he first signed, I haven't heard any booing at the ground but there's plenty of moaning and pressure being put on him. I think with Aguero out we need to get behind the big man.
Last edited by Mase on Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Bony - Malaria

Postby sheblue » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:50 pm

He has been unfairly criticised by a group thick cunts.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:09 pm

I don't get it at all.

He may turn out to be shite. He may turn out to be injury ridden like jovetic and frustrate the fuck out of people, but questioning his quality is bizarre.

He has scored against all the big sides except chelsea and has an excellent goals to games ratio in the premier league.

He has an extremely tough job. Now that our system looks to be set with one out and out striker and our first choice happens to be the best in the world, it's commendable that he can step in and do what he did today.

And that was without the hassle of malaria.
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:45 pm

I don't get how any of you cunts think he's quality enough for us. He isn't.

I'd rather see Nacho up front va the rags. And I'm not just being a prick in the Carl/lescott Piccs/Petrov fashion tho tbf they weren't wrong in hindsight.

Bony isn't good enough. I hope he can be and he's shown some flashes and fair enough if he's had malaria. I'm just stating my opinion. Others think his hold up play and his inability to be in the right place or make a decent pass when required or his shite shooting from distance is sufficient for a team that aspires to be the best in the world. I, however, disagree.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Spurge » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:56 pm

Whilst you have to judge on what you see its worth bearing in mind a few facts.

1) he's not been with us a year yet
2) for a player with a good injury record throughout his career he's had a torrid time with injury since joining us.
3) when he did get fit towards the end of last season we reverted to playing 1 up top and Aguero kept his chances to a minimum.

You can add malaria into the mix. So really stop start I think he has the quality to be a success at city but based on the above its too early to say.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:38 pm

Well it was obvious that there was disagreement amongst us watching on TV today.
Those that think his value in the team even at the moment, when admittedly he is not at his best, is still an upgrade on Dzeko or Jovetic.
When they were below par they certainly didn't offer as much.
And those that think he is not and never will be good enough.

Fair enough. Different opinions, but I'd love to hear the opinions of those that actually were at the game. You see a wider picture at the game and would like to gauge what people at the ground thought.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby branny » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:44 pm

He's had few chances at a run in the first team since he joined. Aguero is world class but always takes a while to get up to speed when he's been out. Let's give Bony a chance ffs. After all a bloke who outscored Aguero across a twelve month period cant be that bad and I believe a bout of Malaria can take some getting over. He will get more chances in front of goal with us than he did with Swansea so let's see what a run of games brings before writing him off.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Bony had his best day for us today, could have had 5. Pretty sure we will get bigger tests, on today did well. If nets a winner next week he will be as Dzeko. Dining out on it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:26 pm

Mase wrote:Apparently he's admitted after the match that the mysterious illness he had during the summer was in fact Malaria which he contracted whilst in Ivory Coast.

Maybe we can understand his early season form a bit more and give the benefit of the doubt.

Today showed he's not a player that will go missing or look half arsed; he's someone that's happy to graft. I remember Goater getting booed by some City fans when he first signed, I haven't heard any booing at the ground but there's plenty of moaning and pressure being put on him. I think with Aguero out we need to get behind the big man.

Agree with you here Mase. Yes, he isn't as good as Aguero, or even plays the same way, but who can replace him? But he is fucking brilliant at bringing others into play and he does score goals and as you say, he gives his all.

I like him for what it's worth
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bleed_Blue » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:44 pm

He could have had a hattrick today if sterling passed the ball to him when he was pleading for it, sterling instead beat two guys and scored.

Doesn't really matter who scores but looking at the tame hit straight to the goalkeeper after peach of a pull back from navas still proves that bony still got more to do.
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:21 pm

He is not my cup of tea at all - should never lead our line and shouldnt be ahead of Nacho imo.

Its easy to shake your head when a player scores 2 goals and he still gets grief ,but that doesnt mask his shortcomings imo.
The hold up play fucks us up when hes leading the line and also hes slow.....fuckign really,reallly slow....no point in breaking free with sterling if Bony is still offside from the previous breakaway ffs.

Nachos goal was a goal and was as cool as youlike....I want him in the team ahead of Bony next week against the Munchens.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:32 pm

I'm on the fence as to whether today will spark him Ito action or we have benjani v2. I seriously hope he started firing and gives Aguero a push at least.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:39 pm

He's going to be first choice striker for the next few weeks, which I think will do him a lot of good. We know he can score in the premier league and these next few games should give him the confidence to do it again. He missed a lot today but Aguero often does that.

As for Iheanacho, his finish today shows the confidence and ability he has and by the end of the season, I expect him to be a real star in the team. But I'm not sure he's ready to lead the line on his own for 90 minutes yet
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:46 pm

Malaria all in a day's work for Jovetic.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:48 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Malaria all in a day's work for Jovetic.

He's currently out for 6 months with athlete's foot
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:55 pm

freshie wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:Malaria all in a day's work for Jovetic.

He's currently out for 6 months with athlete's foot

He will do everything he can to defeat athletes foot and then he'll celebrate in his underpants on Instagram.

Bouncebackability
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:59 am

5 goals for the two forwards, and we find fault. Both seem to be not fans favourites. If they can get a run of games we might have no worries when kun is injured again and again. Bony has things to improve but he is still new to us in game time and being fit.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:25 am

The guys been unjured and had malaria he needs games under his belt to get up to speed, one thing i did notice yesterday he won every header that was pumped up field, and he hold the ball up well
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby mr_nool » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:42 am

Just watched MOTD and it really hit home for me how Bony was involved in pretty much everything we created yesterday. Apart from his assists and goals, he set Sterling up alone with the keeper twice and assisted Iheanacho's wrongly disallowed goal.

I can understand if Bony isn't everyone's cup of tea, but he does bring something different and he does it really well.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:51 am

The one thing I'd hold against Bony, is that I don't think that he is the type of player we need to win the CL under the current trends of high pressing and short passing play. The target man is too slow, to immobile and can't take part in the high pressing an entire game because of the weight he's carrying. Well Tevez is the exception but he always is. Barca's forward three is more like what you need nowadays. Big players have to be like Christiano Ronaldo for the time being, not like Zlatan Ibrahimovic. That can change of course but it doesn't seem like it will in the short term at least.

With that said, I'm fairly certain Bony's good enough to win us the league, domestic cups and to take us some distance in the CL. He brings us something completely different to Agüero and also what Dzeko brought. IMO, that's what we need. How many times have we not sat here on this bloody forum, moaning about Hart's kicks going nowhere? Well they don't seem to end up with the oppo as much with Bony on the field. We need a squad with different options to pick the lock of different types of defences. Not only is he an awesome target player but he does seem to have a good reading of the game and a nice pair of passing feet on him.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum