Bony - Malaria

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bony - Malaria

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:22 am

branny wrote:He has a great track record (99 career goals from 209 starts) but maybe he's just one of those players that isnt going to work out. I believe he only missed a handful of games during his time at Swansea whilst with us he's been injured more frequently and had Malaria. His strike rate with us is less than one in four. The chances he had today he snatched at. I think Pellers is trying his best to get hin firing and a lot of the play first half seemed to go through the middle. Second half i'd have taken him off instead of Nacho because he was dropping deep to get involved, then the ball was going wide and he just isn't quick enough to then get on the end of the crosses. I think he knows that this is his shot at the big time and he desperately wants to do well. Unfortunately he's probably in the worst form of his life with a transfer window just around the corner

I totally agree with your comment. Bony had 1 shot on target, out of 9 attempts... So, Bony should have been benched, instead of Iheanacho, who won't be available against Sevilla.

KDB, Yaya, Kolarov, Sterling & Fernandinho wasted their passes to Bony, to help him score, when they all had better opportunites to score themselves.

Also, Yaya was absolutely right & shouldn't have been subbed off, so late in the match, which unsettled the City defence... and the team needed him to score the 2nd penalty, to widen the goal difference gap against L'Arse!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby john@staustell » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:48 am

Pretty sure Yaya was still muttering about Bony not passing to him and fucking it right up mate
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Spurge » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:54 am

Surprised considering he had malaria in the summer that he wasn't rested yesterday particularly as he is our only available striker for Tuesday. The only other option is not to play him Tuesday and play Sterling in a more centrally advanced role.

Still too early to judge him for me based on not being here 12 months yet, during which he has had injury, illness and still little in the way of regular game time. It's clearly not the start to his city career that he or anyone would have wanted, but not sure about some of the level of hatred that appears to be aimed at him - I don't really understand that.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby dazby » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:20 am

Take away his shooting and he had a cracking game.

He'll be fine.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:46 am

On the plus side, he was very much involved in the game.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby branny » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:52 am

Spurge wrote:Surprised considering he had malaria in the summer that he wasn't rested yesterday particularly as he is our only available striker for Tuesday. The only other option is not to play him Tuesday and play Sterling in a more centrally advanced role.

Still too early to judge him for me based on not being here 12 months yet, during which he has had injury, illness and still little in the way of regular game time. It's clearly not the start to his city career that he or anyone would have wanted, but not sure about some of the level of hatred that appears to be aimed at him - I don't really understand that.

This.

Possibly not as sharp as he should be which could be down to Malaria. He's also had to play every game in the last couple of weeks after a long period out. I have no problem with his effort. Just needs to sharpen his finishing and decision making.Come on Bony lad. You can do it.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:51 pm

dazby wrote:Take away his shooting and he had a cracking game.

He'll be fine.

Sounds fantastic. If he played a different position.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:09 pm

Gentlemen he is a good striker who is going through an indifferent spell, that should be obvious. Maybe a little less childish hate, a little more patience and positivity would be no harm.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:32 pm

sheblue wrote:Gentlemen he is a good striker who is going through an indifferent spell, that should be obvious. Maybe a little less childish hate, a little more patience and positivity would be no harm.

There is nothing childish about my dislike for his performances so far. I hope the lad shows me something else. I never want any City player to fail. People need to stop the bullshit of acting as tho criticism, even repeated and angst ridden, is somehow anti-City or something.

Two weeks ago folks were pulling me up for the same shit most are saying now. Bony isn't going to fit our story and make us better or even be a decently performing backup. We are a way way worse team with him in the side. A team that's stuck in the La Brea tar pits in terms of style and execution.

He's a professional footballer in arguably the top league in the world. Of course he isn't truly shit. But in our side and our style and on current display he's absolutely got no place starting a football match for Manchester City Football Club.

That's all.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby edge275 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:15 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
sheblue wrote:Gentlemen he is a good striker who is going through an indifferent spell, that should be obvious. Maybe a little less childish hate, a little more patience and positivity would be no harm.

There is nothing childish about my dislike for his performances so far. I hope the lad shows me something else. I never want any City player to fail. People need to stop the bullshit of acting as tho criticism, even repeated and angst ridden, is somehow anti-City or something.

Two weeks ago folks were pulling me up for the same shit most are saying now. Bony isn't going to fit our story and make us better or even be a decently performing backup. We are a way way worse team with him in the side. A team that's stuck in the La Brea tar pits in terms of style and execution.

He's a professional footballer in arguably the top league in the world. Of course he isn't truly shit. But in our side and our style and on current display he's absolutely got no place starting a football match for Manchester City Football Club.

That's all.

Cheers

You've been making a bit of sense of late. What's going on? :D
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:02 pm

I think his performance was promising. Not writing him off just yet.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:32 pm

I think fans always need a player to dig out and dislike and it appears Bony is that guy at present. He has huge boots to fill with Sergio and I don't know many apart from maybe Suarez or Lewandowski that could fill them.

I'm willing to give him more time and accept that he hasn't played a great deal of football in the past few months. I think game time can only help him. He has good hold up play and plays some nice flick on's (see Sterling pen yesterday) He was wild in his finishing yesterday but I'm not willing to right him off just yet. He's scored 3 in 5 games so it's not the worst return. People getting on his back at games want help. I seem to recall Edin getting the same treatment and now fans see him as the messiah, he was pap last season and has not scored in 9 for Roma? Who would people replace him with in January?
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Original Dub » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Sis is bang on.

It's all a bit silly. He was an important part of the team and when he isn't on the score sheet, he is involved in almost every single attack.

Some of the skill he showed in tight positions yesterday was top notch. Normally, since he's come to the premier league, he finishes those types of chances all day long.

It's great to have a back up player that offers so much more than just finishing. Particularly when we have such an attacking team with plenty of players that can finish moves.

Anyone who thinks he is the type of striker that will continually miss those types of chances is off their tits.

Granted, his first time shooting is wayward, but yesterday aside, once he has time to control it, he's normally pretty lethal.

An excellent swap for Dzeko.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:56 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

That's all.

Cheers

Criticism is fine, it's writing a player off who's only started 10 games for the club which is frankly nonsense. I also don't agree that his presence has an adverse effect on the team's performances. The games against Bournemouth and Palace were amongst our best performances this season, thanks in no small part to Bony's presence creating space for our pacy players to exploit.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:19 pm

Original Dub wrote:Sis is bang on.

It's all a bit silly. He was an important part of the team and when he isn't on the score sheet, he is involved in almost every single attack.

Some of the skill he showed in tight positions yesterday was top notch. Normally, since he's come to the premier league, he finishes those types of chances all day long.

It's great to have a back up player that offers so much more than just finishing. Particularly when we have such an attacking team with plenty of players that can finish moves.

Anyone who thinks he is the type of striker that will continually miss those types of chances is off their tits.

Granted, his first time shooting is wayward, but yesterday aside, once he has time to control it, he's normally pretty lethal.

If we're drawing battle lines and choosing sides, I'm defo on the Dub/Sister side. That Carl's barking up the wrong tree is no surprise, but Doomy is being much douchier and short-sighted than normal. Not to mention the rest of the scapegoat searching moan brigade.

Ad i said in the match thread yesterday, Bony made much more happen than Iheanacho yesterday. I believe the latter will be huge, but at the moment Bony is still the better player.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:53 pm

mr_nool wrote:

If we're drawing battle lines and choosing sides, I'm defo on the Dub/Sister side. That Carl's barking up the wrong tree is no surprise, but Doomy is being much douchier and short-sighted than normal. Not to mention the rest of the scapegoat searching moan brigade.

Now lets get this right . Bony.s performance yesterday made nearly everyone supporting and playing for city inside the Etihad yesterday

Ad i said in the match thread yesterday, Bony made much more happen than Iheanacho yesterday. I believe the latter will be huge, but at the moment Bony is still the better player.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:55 pm

mr_nool wrote:

My wife was annoyed that nacho came off and I said I understood why at the time, despite bony failing to put two great chances in target. I had no issue with him staying on. What he did on that counter later tho had me fuming.

He isn't doing the job. It's plain for all to see.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby mr_nool » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:55 pm

Say that again?
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:59 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

My wife was annoyed that nacho came off and I said I understood why at the time, despite bony failing to put two great chances in target. I had no issue with him staying on. What he did on that counter later tho had me fuming.

He isn't doing the job. It's plain for all to see.

Yes, that was a selfish move, but he's a striker who needs to score to get his confidence up. I can't really blame him. Its not like he's always goes for own glory (like Aguero always does when he's trying to get back in form).

Edit: I just re-read your post. You were happy with Bony's contribution apart from the two missed chances, but then he made one bad, selfish move, and you think he's not up to it and that you have to be blind not to see it? What a fucking turncoat standpoint. One move and you totally change your mind?
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:05 pm

I don't get it, but if some of you covet an Ivorian Emile Heskey, then so be it.

Enjoy.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum