Otamendi

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Otamendi

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:57 am

mr_nool wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
dazby wrote:Vinnie and the Otter, screened by the two Ferns were impregnable. When Fernando went off we conceded against the run of play.

Otter is a top player. Flawed yes. Error prone, yes. Dives in a bit, yes. But a top player and their aren't too many better. If you can't see that there's not much hope for you.

He is slow, he needs his hand holding and a top player is not a diver, The rules of centre half membership is never ever fucking ever have a pony tail !

That said next year he will have a coach who will pay attention to THE details like team structure with or without the ball. Oh and the second goal was down to him and AK THE JOGGER. not spotting the danger, funny cos 1st rule of a defender is smell danger and deal with it ! Now you can jog on. xx

In all honesty I also thought Kompany had a part in the second goal. One of the two centre backs had to come out to deal with the on-storming Spurs player - you just can't let him go too far and get a shot away. Since Kompany didn't have a player to mark, it should have been him to come out and block the possible shot. He didn't so Otamendi was forced to make a quick and difficult decision. Eriksen was tracked by Kolarov, so do understand his decision to let him go, but in hindsight, he of course shouldn't have.

Don't think either should've stepped out unless Lamela was shaping to shoot, Otter just sold himself down the river.

I watched it again, and you're right. I wasn't aware of how close Fernandinho was to closing Lamela down.

Aside from Yaya losing possession the biggest issue for me was Fernandinho being so far out of position, if he'd been where he should've been then Lamela wouldn't have had that free run through the centre.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby phips » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:27 pm

phips wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:He was partially at fault for the winning goal, but re-watching it, you see how lackadaisical Kolarov was jogging while Erikson ran past him, and he had just come on!

Taking off Fernando was a risk, but swapping Clichy for Kolarov was suicide.

i was a little taken aback by that sub. i see why Manuel did it...he wanted the attacking prowess that Aleks offers.
but, i figured he'd take off the woeful Sterling and put AK in midfield ahead of Clichy.

So, you'd take off an attacker for a full back when trying to win a game? And in doing so I assume you'd move Silva back out right thus giving Rose free rein on that side again.

id take off an "attacker" who offered nothing going forward so far in that match for a player who has a better shot and cross on him and is better at taking corners and free kicks, yes.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:31 pm

phips wrote:
phips wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:He was partially at fault for the winning goal, but re-watching it, you see how lackadaisical Kolarov was jogging while Erikson ran past him, and he had just come on!

Taking off Fernando was a risk, but swapping Clichy for Kolarov was suicide.

i was a little taken aback by that sub. i see why Manuel did it...he wanted the attacking prowess that Aleks offers.
but, i figured he'd take off the woeful Sterling and put AK in midfield ahead of Clichy.

So, you'd take off an attacker for a full back when trying to win a game? And in doing so I assume you'd move Silva back out right thus giving Rose free rein on that side again.

id take off an "attacker" who offered nothing going forward so far in that match for a player who has a better shot and cross on him and is better at taking corners and free kicks, yes.

I'm glad you're not managing so. Did you see the joy Rose was having before Sterling switched to that side?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby dazby » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:43 pm

aaron bond wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:Vinnie and the Otter, screened by the two Ferns were impregnable. When Fernando went off we conceded against the run of play.

Otter is a top player. Flawed yes. Error prone, yes. Dives in a bit, yes. But a top player and their aren't too many better. If you can't see that there's not much hope for you.

By your own admission he is ERROR PRONE , FLAWED AND DIVES IN and yet you still came to the conclusion that he's a top player and there aren't too many better than him.

YOU ARE A FUCKIGN CABBAGE.!

I was trying to work that one out too!

Thing is, you can apply these criticisms to most, if not all defenders. No player is perfect.
When the otter has a good game, he has a great one. And he has had more good ones than shit ones.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum