Otamendi

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Otamendi

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:05 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Give him another season by all means, whoever is scouting centre backs wants shooting, not one can pass wind. Is that want Pep wants defender crap on the ball and every defender we have is bang average on the ball, not going to cut it next season.

please translate into meaningful english

Woah woah woah. Don't attack him you melting down fuck!

That was nearly one of his more coherent posts tbf.

Otters related....until we see the back of Yaya we won't be able to tell what he can do is my opinion. Both he and Mangala obvs have the raw skills. It's about personnel and formation in front of Beardo Craft Cocktail Fade that is showing him in the worst light possible.

The laying down trick is a bit desperate tho. He can do less of that move. Please.

Cheers

You are quite right a poor reply Nigel, Yes I rate him and he was outstanding at Sunderland, Sadly he is only just quicker than MDM. Is he good enough on the ball going forward ? Pep wants pass under pressure on the money every time. None of our defenders can do this, as we saw v a quick side last Saturday everything goes to pot once they get scared, basic skills fall apart,Spurs just might scare the shit out of them again . I am hoping for the best fearing the worst.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:35 pm

It's probably poignant to point out that we are an offensive team.in the way we set up. Remember Kompany's interview when he said defending under pellegrini is much more difficult than defending under Mancini. The two philosophies are world's apart. Where does Pep sit? Somewhere in the middle with ball retention and recovery his main direction.

Who knows which CB'S will flourish under that? I would certainly like to see how Tosin and Humphreys get on at some point this season to give them a taster.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:12 pm

Wonderwall wrote:It's probably poignant to point out that we are an offensive team.in the way we set up. Remember Kompany's interview when he said defending under pellegrini is much more difficult than defending under Mancini. The two philosophies are world's apart. Where does Pep sit? Somewhere in the middle with ball retention and recovery his main direction.

Who knows which CB'S will flourish under that? I would certainly like to see how Tosin and Humphreys get on at some point this season to give them a taster.

Maybe in season gone bye that has had us 1 or 2 up and controlling the game after 30 mins, now teams like Sunderland at 0-1 get a foothold mate and we are under the pump for the rest of the game. Pellegrini has had enough time to think about the set up Vinny has played 7 games all season, we are IMHO in trouble from our own probing, one loose pass and teams are away, Otter had a big game at Sunderland and we survived just, That has to the red flag for the manager. The MF never seems in position to counter the dangers, Mahrez. what plan did we have for him, it was a joke... we miss a proper player and lack an organiser. Saturday was a whooping from the first min to the last and a manager lost for ideas. Injuries are not helping tbf.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Slim » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:01 am

Wonderwall wrote:It's probably poignant to point out that we are an offensive team.in the way we set up. Remember Kompany's interview when he said defending under pellegrini is much more difficult than defending under Mancini. The two philosophies are world's apart. Where does Pep sit? Somewhere in the middle with ball retention and recovery his main direction.

The segregation of attack and defence from Pellers is too rigid I believe. I wonder some times if our fullbacks have seen Joe in the last three years.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:11 pm

Took me five minutes of watching the EDS play against United just now to see what the plan is with Otamendi. Bar a mental breakdown where he goes into a supermarket and starts shooting, he will be in the starting eleven next season.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:25 pm

Gotta say, I'm glad I resurrected this thread again!

I suspect Ota may be better next season, but he's 28 and cost in excess of £28m (can we all agree on that?). He's not one for the future, he was one for now and it's clearly not worked so far. That may be due to injuries elsewhere, but at that price, I'd expect him to lead. And yes, our system doesn't help him, but it was always the system we were going to play, so why buy a slow defender?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dazby » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:12 pm

What's this he's not worked bullshit? Of course he worked. He's working and working well.

First defender on the team sheet for me.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:22 pm

dazby wrote:What's this he's not worked bullshit? Of course he worked. He's working and working well.

We've not too many to choose from at the moment. Looking at the EDS game tonight you have to wonder what way we are coaching, team defense, because all the same problems are there.
Having said that I think Adarabioyo is a decent looking CB, but our system wouldn't work no matter who you had at centre.
Team defensive strategy is a mess.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:29 am

dazby wrote:What's this he's not worked bullshit? Of course he worked. He's working and working well.

You did see the Leicester game mate?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:44 am

Hazy2 wrote:

I'm not sure he even gets to see City. The idea that Otters has by and large "worked" is comical. I think we need to give him next season but he surely hasn't worked as a 28 yo best CB in Spain kinda thingy for wait for it nearly 30m.

At least you and I can find common ground in that.

Mabuhay!
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:51 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I'm not sure he even gets to see City. The idea that Otters has by and large "worked" is comical. I think we need to give him next season but he surely hasn't worked as a 28 yo best CB in Spain kinda thingy for wait for it nearly 30m.

At least you and I can find common ground in that.

Mabuhay!

We are brothers Blue brothers at times we squabele but hey !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:13 pm

You have to be the most fuckign clueless gimp on this site.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:49 pm

So you think lying down in front of people is how to defend? The guy is shit, he's even shit at cheating, an embarrassment.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby dave watson's perm » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:53 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:

So you think lying down in front of people is how to defend? The guy is shit, he's even shit at cheating, an embarrassment.

He does appear worryingly soft and what the fck are those lunges about???
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:44 pm

dave watson's perm wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:

He does appear worryingly soft and what the fck are those lunges about???

More skids than my late grandad bless him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:06 pm

I like what I see from Otamendi but really feel he's terribly stretched at the back trying to cover for others. He has a bit of a warrior in him, he's not going to go hiding that's for sure. Strong in the tackle and unusually strong in the air for a lad of his size.

If Kompany can stay fit I think we'll really start to see the best of Otamendi.
Last edited by Green & Blue on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:25 pm

Warrior? What were you watching when he has been brushed aside or when flings himself on the turf looking for a foul as he has been caught wrong side or when he rolls around clutching his face or when he is combing his hair not noticing the opposition have just taken a throw in and are through on goal?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:36 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Warrior? What were you watching when he has been brushed aside or when flings himself on the turf looking for a foul as he has been caught wrong side or when he rolls around clutching his face or when he is combing his hair not noticing the opposition have just taken a throw in and are through on goal?

one beard and a fade does not make a warrior. That's for sure.

Like i said..i'm willing to give him next season to see what's what i suppose. What other choice do we have, i mean we paid 8M for him?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:39 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Warrior? What were you watching when he has been brushed aside or when flings himself on the turf looking for a foul as he has been caught wrong side or when he rolls around clutching his face or when he is combing his hair not noticing the opposition have just taken a throw in and are through on goal?

Not referring to the above posters opinions, but I think these days people in general think that if you're covered in tattoos that automatically you're hard as nails and some sort of hardman. When that couldn't be further from reality.

I don't think Otamendi is a warrior and he's definitely not a hardman as he's shown with his theatrical dives that have cost us a few times. I do believe that he is a good defender though and when the team is playing well so will he.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:56 pm

I think hes obviously still trying to adapt after coming from the soft, diving Spanish league where faking injury was a tool in the toolbox.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum