Otamendi

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Otamendi

Postby Tim777 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:07 pm

Mase wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Warrior? What were you watching when he has been brushed aside or when flings himself on the turf looking for a foul as he has been caught wrong side or when he rolls around clutching his face or when he is combing his hair not noticing the opposition have just taken a throw in and are through on goal?

Not referring to the above posters opinions, but I think these days people in general think that if you're covered in tattoos that automatically you're hard as nails and some sort of hardman. When that couldn't be further from reality.

I don't think Otamendi is a warrior and he's definitely not a hardman as he's shown with his theatrical dives that have cost us a few times. I do believe that he is a good defender though and when the team is playing well so will he.

He himself did say that he intended for his appearance to portray a tough-guy image.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... image.html

What's worrying is that, not only did he out himself, but he may be relying too much on an image to work for him rather than to work more on actually being the figure he is trying to create on the field.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:04 am

When one is considering the merits of a city player I find it helpful to imagine what the fans of other teams think. Has anyone ever heard a half sensible oppo fan say Silva , Aguero, Kompany, Hart etc is shit. No. But what would they say about the Otter? I fear it would be "Shit waste of money".And at the mo they would be right. He may get better. He would be better in a team with some semblance of organisation. But he cant pass(high balls lumped up to Aguero ffs), gets knocked off the ball by midgets in and around the box, gets easily dragged out of position, and tackles like a 1950's schoolboy on a mud heap. He lacks pace. Which is all a bit sad cos when he aint being made to look a complete coont he looks quite good and the facial hair is very engaging. He needs a well organised team and an aggressive lump next to him to flourish!
The weird thing watching the under 21's Thursday was that I kept coming back to my mate Tragic's observation that the Spaniards supposedly running this project are building a set up designed to win la Liga. Bags of possession, slaughtered on the break, three years out of date.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:26 am

V the foxes we looked we were try to blag it and got sussed out and duly battered, he and MDM are too slow for our current style with no FB cover, the same will happen again.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby edge275 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Mase wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Warrior? What were you watching when he has been brushed aside or when flings himself on the turf looking for a foul as he has been caught wrong side or when he rolls around clutching his face or when he is combing his hair not noticing the opposition have just taken a throw in and are through on goal?

Not referring to the above posters opinions, but I think these days people in general think that if you're covered in tattoos that automatically you're hard as nails and some sort of hardman. When that couldn't be further from reality.

I don't think Otamendi is a warrior and he's definitely not a hardman as he's shown with his theatrical dives that have cost us a few times. I do believe that he is a good defender though and when the team is playing well so will he.

If he went bald as well as his tattoos his hardness would be without question.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby dazby » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:33 am

Hazy2. Dooms, dipshitfuckedagoat, the Fiddler.

Otamendi haters. Noted.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:45 am

dazby wrote:Hazy2. Dooms, dipshitfuckedagoat, the Fiddler.

Otamendi haters. Noted.

No hate from me however you win the Spec savers fan of the year award Dazzler !

I am also sure my reply is polite, that said my feeling is you may get differing replies.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dazby » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:57 am

Vinnie and the Otter, screened by the two Ferns were impregnable. When Fernando went off we conceded against the run of play.

Otter is a top player. Flawed yes. Error prone, yes. Dives in a bit, yes. But a top player and their aren't too many better. If you can't see that there's not much hope for you.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:37 am

dazby wrote:Vinnie and the Otter, screened by the two Ferns were impregnable. When Fernando went off we conceded against the run of play.

Otter is a top player. Flawed yes. Error prone, yes. Dives in a bit, yes. But a top player and their aren't too many better. If you can't see that there's not much hope for you.

He is slow, he needs his hand holding and a top player is not a diver, The rules of centre half membership is never ever fucking ever have a pony tail !

That said next year he will have a coach who will pay attention to THE details like team structure with or without the ball. Oh and the second goal was down to him and AK THE JOGGER. not spotting the danger, funny cos 1st rule of a defender is smell danger and deal with it ! Now you can jog on. xx
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mr_nool » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:57 am

Hazy2 wrote:
dazby wrote:Vinnie and the Otter, screened by the two Ferns were impregnable. When Fernando went off we conceded against the run of play.

He is slow, he needs his hand holding and a top player is not a diver, The rules of centre half membership is never ever fucking ever have a pony tail !

That said next year he will have a coach who will pay attention to THE details like team structure with or without the ball. Oh and the second goal was down to him and AK THE JOGGER. not spotting the danger, funny cos 1st rule of a defender is smell danger and deal with it ! Now you can jog on. xx

In all honesty I also thought Kompany had a part in the second goal. One of the two centre backs had to come out to deal with the on-storming Spurs player - you just can't let him go too far and get a shot away. Since Kompany didn't have a player to mark, it should have been him to come out and block the possible shot. He didn't so Otamendi was forced to make a quick and difficult decision. Eriksen was tracked by Kolarov, so do understand his decision to let him go, but in hindsight, he of course shouldn't have.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:56 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

In all honesty I also thought Kompany had a part in the second goal. One of the two centre backs had to come out to deal with the on-storming Spurs player - you just can't let him go too far and get a shot away. Since Kompany didn't have a player to mark, it should have been him to come out and block the possible shot. He didn't so Otamendi was forced to make a quick and difficult decision. Eriksen was tracked by Kolarov, so do understand his decision to let him go, but in hindsight, he of course shouldn't have.

AK had to see and block his run ans sweep away the danger for 1-1 sadly that is just not his 1st or last thought, and why he will be gone under Pep.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:16 pm

By your own admission he is ERROR PRONE , FLAWED AND DIVES IN and yet you still came to the conclusion that he's a top player and there aren't too many better than him.

YOU ARE A FUCKIGN CABBAGE.!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby aaron bond » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:27 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

By your own admission he is ERROR PRONE , FLAWED AND DIVES IN and yet you still came to the conclusion that he's a top player and there aren't too many better than him.

YOU ARE A FUCKIGN CABBAGE.!

I was trying to work that one out too!
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:40 pm

There were 4 centre halves on the pitch on Sunday. He was 4th best.

Not an issue, as someone had to be. He was also the most expensive by a long way and someone should be held to account for that.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:44 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Don't think either should've stepped out unless Lamela was shaping to shoot, Otter just sold himself down the river.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PrezIke » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:00 pm

He was partially at fault for the winning goal, but re-watching it, you see how lackadaisical Kolarov was jogging while Erikson ran past him, and he had just come on!
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:39 pm

PrezIke wrote:He was partially at fault for the winning goal, but re-watching it, you see how lackadaisical Kolarov was jogging while Erikson ran past him, and he had just come on!

Taking off Fernando was a risk, but swapping Clichy for Kolarov was suicide.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:56 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:He was partially at fault for the winning goal, but re-watching it, you see how lackadaisical Kolarov was jogging while Erikson ran past him, and he had just come on!

i was a little taken aback by that sub. i see why Manuel did it...he wanted the attacking prowess that Aleks offers.
but, i figured he'd take off the woeful Sterling and put AK in midfield ahead of Clichy.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:11 am

phips wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

i was a little taken aback by that sub. i see why Manuel did it...he wanted the attacking prowess that Aleks offers.
but, i figured he'd take off the woeful Sterling and put AK in midfield ahead of Clichy.

So, you'd take off an attacker for a full back when trying to win a game? And in doing so I assume you'd move Silva back out right thus giving Rose free rein on that side again.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:28 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

So, you'd take off an attacker for a full back when trying to win a game? And in doing so I assume you'd move Silva back out right thus giving Rose free rein on that side again.

Rose had a free reign Silva was never back as he drifts into the middle, The out ball for them was that flank for the game, Love Merlin but he cannot defend, which is massive v Klopp.The AK one is a massive mistake as he created nowt and cost us a goal sadly.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby mr_nool » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:34 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Don't think either should've stepped out unless Lamela was shaping to shoot, Otter just sold himself down the river.

I watched it again, and you're right. I wasn't aware of how close Fernandinho was to closing Lamela down.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum