Injuries

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Injuries

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:23 pm

phips wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:It's not only us that's had some bad luck this last week. Krul out for the season after rupturing his cruciate on a 4G pitch. They don't really have a decent keeper in reserve and things are pretty shite for them already.

yeah, Gotze out for like 16 weeks too. but we've just had the bad luck of having 2 (maybe 3) of them in our side.

When did Newcastle sign Gotze?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:27 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:And you can bet your bottom dollar the fuckwits will turn round and say we have world class players to replace them with so it should be no excuse.

FUCKIGN BOLLOCKs.......Kolorov with clichy but no cunt can replace Aguero and Silva.

Apart from Clichy is still injured, so it probably means Zaba, assuming someone doesn't saw his leg off in the Argie's next game.

Stupid international football. If lower league fans want to watch decent players, go to a Premier League game. If we got rid of them, we could have a winter break with the spare weekends
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby phips » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:44 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
phips wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:It's not only us that's had some bad luck this last week. Krul out for the season after rupturing his cruciate on a 4G pitch. They don't really have a decent keeper in reserve and things are pretty shite for them already.

yeah, Gotze out for like 16 weeks too. but we've just had the bad luck of having 2 (maybe 3) of them in our side.

When did Newcastle sign Gotze?

boy, that sure was a good one.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:05 am

Manchester City news: Vincent Kompany to go against Manuel Pellegrini wishes and play for Belgium
With Marc Wilmots's team capable of claiming No 1 spot in Fifa world rankings with a win, it is understood Vincent Kompany is keen to return to action against Israel

By Mark Ogden10:30PM BST 11 Oct 2015 CommentsComment
Vincent Kompany is ready to play in Belgium’s European Championship qualifier against Israel on Tuesday, despite Manuel Pellegrini’s warning that the Manchester City captain should not risk his fitness on international duty.
Kompany, 29, has missed City’s past five fixtures after sustaining a calf injury in the Champions League defeat against Juventus last month.
Despite the injury, which is the latest in a series of muscle strains that have plagued the defender, Pellegrini allowed Kompany to link up with the Belgium squad for the Euro 2016 qualifiers against Andorra and Israel on the understanding that the City captain would not play for his country.
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini reveals fears over Vincent Kompany's Belgium call-up
Manuel Pellegrini does not want Kompany playing in this week's Euro qualifiers Photo: REUTERS
Speaking before the international break Pellegrini, the City manager, said: “I cannot ask him [Kompany] not to travel. If the national team call him, he must go, but he cannot play, so I don’t think he will play.
“If you cannot play for your club, you cannot play for your national squad. We will see what Vincent will do.”
With Belgium securing qualification for Euro 2016 by defeating the Group B minnows Andorra on Saturday, the match against Israel in Brussels has become a meaningless fixture for the Belgians.

Kompany is keen to return to action after overcoming his calf problem
However, with Marc Wilmots’s team capable of claiming No 1 spot in the Fifa world rankings with a win, it is understood that Kompany is keen to return to action after overcoming his calf problem.
Sergio Aguero and David Silva are facing a spell on the sidelines with injuries sustained during his international break. Aguero tore a muscle in his left thigh half an hour into Argentina’s shock home defeat by Ecuador in a World Cup qualifier in Buenos Aires.
The 27-year-old, who scored five goals in City’s 6-1 Premier League win against Newcastle United last week, was carried off on a stretcher after sustaining the problem midway through the first half. Initial indications were that he could be out for four weeks although some reports suggested that it could be as much as two months.

David Silva could be out for four weeks... or more
Silva limped off just 10 minutes into Spain’s 4-0 win against Luxembourg which sealed the Spaniards’ progress to the finals of Euro 2016. His injury was described as a “severe sprain in the lateral collateral ligament of his right ankle.”
With both players having been ruled out of the Champions League match with Sevilla next week and the trip to Manchester United on Oct 25, the prospect of Kompany risking his fitness with Belgium is unlikely to be welcomed by City.
Pellegrini has been boosted, however, by Roy Hodgson’s decision to allow Joe Hart to miss England’s final Euro 2016 qualifier against Lithuania this evening in order to return to City. Stoke’s Jack Butland will start in goal in Vilnius.
“Although Joe would have liked to have got an extra cap under his belt, he fully understands that this is Jack’s moment,” Hodgson said. “We wish him well.

If this cunt comes back injured then I want him benched till we sell him....Im still wound up with Aguero and Silvas injury..and now this !...it wouldnt have bothered me if the cunt had carried on playing shite like he has been for the past 18 months but we were seeing a vast imporvement and he looked like the player of old....................I hope its bollocks.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:22 am

Vinny can give it a rest against Israel, Belgium are already through, meaningless game. With three important players already injured on this international break if Vinny plays and risks himself it would be an act of incredible irresponsibility.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby gillie » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:38 am

Well I for one hopes Sterling is'nt picked tonight for Englands game against Lithuania as it's on a fuckin artificial pitch.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:00 am

Kolarov injured and sent off according to the papers
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:59 am

Hazy2 wrote:Kolarov injured and sent off according to the papers

Mase said during their lovemaking session that he was fine.

Was he the "3rd" injury someone mentioned above?

Vincent needs to make sure he understands where his fucking croissants are buttered.

I like watching a summer international footy tourney is fun. I think all this bollox of finding out who can play it in is horseshit but i don't have a better answer.

if i were the Sheik i would add a clause to all new contracts which would add 30% to their wages if they gave City veto power over any INTL appearances.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:03 pm

Belgium boss Marc Wilmots said: "Vincent Kompany has participated fully in training and without any problems. I expect that he will be ready for the match against Israel.

"He has worked hard in training and knows his own body well."
“He has worked hard in training and knows his own body well”
Marc Wilmots
The news has left Pellegrini seething and comes on the back of City seeing Sergio Aguero, David Silva and Aleksandar Kolarov all struck down with injuries during the international break.

Pellegrini is desperate for Kompany to return to action as soon as possible and is now on a collision course with Belgium bosses.

Now City fans have taken to social media to vent their frustration and have asked Kompany not to play.

Their pleas will fall on deaf ears and all Pellegrini can do now is keep his fingers crossed that his captain doesn't suffer a relapse.

This is no Captain of Man City regardless of if he injures himself or not.......

A fuckign disgrace if he plays.........and fuck me , if he injures himself then I hope Pellegrini strips him of the captaincy and benches the selfish cunt.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:06 pm

I have no issues with it, if he is fit. City comes first for us, players are another breed. At least we don't see a change 5 mins in and chaos. Time for our top manager to sort out his plans to deal with Bournemouth and smash the scum. We have the players lets prove it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Belgium boss Marc Wilmots said: "Vincent Kompany has participated fully in training and without any problems. I expect that he will be ready for the match against Israel.

"He has worked hard in training and knows his own body well."
“He has worked hard in training and knows his own body well”
Marc Wilmots
The news has left Pellegrini seething and comes on the back of City seeing Sergio Aguero, David Silva and Aleksandar Kolarov all struck down with injuries during the international break.

Pellegrini is desperate for Kompany to return to action as soon as possible and is now on a collision course with Belgium bosses.

Now City fans have taken to social media to vent their frustration and have asked Kompany not to play.

Their pleas will fall on deaf ears and all Pellegrini can do now is keep his fingers crossed that his captain doesn't suffer a relapse.

This is no Captain of Man City regardless of if he injures himself or not.......

A fuckign disgrace if he plays.........and fuck me , if he injures himself then I hope Pellegrini strips him of the captaincy and benches the selfish cunt.

if he injures himself then it won't matter because he won't be playing for a month or two based upon his track record.

If you aren't fit for your club you shouldn't be released....this is one thing Fergie did well which you have to admire. When he needed players to stand down and avoid playing for their country, he got his wish.

We are being giant pussies about this one i think. He shouldn't even be with the fucking team to test our patiences.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:07 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Vincent needs to make sure he understands where his fucking croissants are buttered.

I like watching a summer international footy tourney is fun. I think all this bollox of finding out who can play it in is horseshit but i don't have a better answer.

if i were the Sheik i would add a clause to all new contracts which would add 30% to their wages if they gave City veto power over any INTL appearances.

cheers

Don't think it works like that Doomie.
ANNEXE 1
RELEASE OF PLAYERS TO ASSOCIATION TEAMS
1. Clubs are obliged to release their registered players to the
representative teams of the country for which the player is eligible
to play on the basis of his nationality if they are called up by the
association concerned. Any agreement between a player and a
club to the contrary is prohibited.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:47 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

ANNEXE 1

Okay fine. Get the brown envelopes out please.

Look my point is that old red nosed cunt figured it out. We need to as well.

Threats? Violence? Money?

Whatever.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby gillie » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:13 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

ANNEXE 1

Whatever.

Cheers

If you look at this round of Internationals the rags and scousers have made sure any of their players carrying knocks have not played.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:16 pm

I was thinking the same Gillie, in support of what Carl has said, pretty sure the captain of out club must be seeing the danger signs if he breaks down again during a pointless game. Euros are end of the season and put to bed. Vinny you have been warned.......
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:26 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

ANNEXE 1

Whatever.

Cheers

Now you're talking their language.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:44 pm

Funny how Rooney was injured for England but it's been reported today he'll be fit for the rags next match...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:32 pm

Mase wrote:Funny how Rooney was injured for England but it's been reported today he'll be fit for the rags next match...

I see coutinho pulled out of the brazil game too
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:36 pm

Im getting fucking angry.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Im getting fucking angry.

no doubt you're comfort eating as well
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum