Injuries

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Injuries

Postby PeterParker » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:45 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Getting injuries is part of the script but it does become more annoying when they come on international duty. To counter that, what has to be taken into consideration is that if they weren't going away on international duty we wouldn't have the team we have, because they wouldn't be good enough. It's one of those things we just have to live with.

For those who are keen on the EDS stepping up, and I'm not one of them, maybe it gives a chance for the likes of Nacho to prove his worth, or for Roberts to become the new Tranny. You never know, with real talent arounf them they may just get their chance to break through.

Looks like we won't see the best of Sergio for a few months now and with Dave's injury the boys will have to pull together to push us on.

It kinda comes into mind that amazing 4-6-0 Pellers used last november and december.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:01 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Getting injuries is part of the script but it does become more annoying when they come on international duty. To counter that, what has to be taken into consideration is that if they weren't going away on international duty we wouldn't have the team we have, because they wouldn't be good enough. It's one of those things we just have to live with.

For those who are keen on the EDS stepping up, and I'm not one of them, maybe it gives a chance for the likes of Nacho to prove his worth, or for Roberts to become the new Tranny. You never know, with real talent arounf them they may just get their chance to break through.

Looks like we won't see the best of Sergio for a few months now and with Dave's injury the boys will have to pull together to push us on.

It kinda comes into mind that amazing 4-6-0 Pellers used last november and december.

And didn't we win every game, by a decent score?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:26 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

And didn't we win every game, by a decent score?

Yes, maybe the best form we had last season.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby dazby » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:04 pm

This is why we have a squad. And youth players.

Time to test the depth.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:20 am

nottsblue wrote:Important players as well. Notice how Jovetic has played every game for Inter as well. Is there something wrong with our training/fitness/warm up that we seem to have more than our fair share?

Jovetic is a mard arse, premier league is to physical for him!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Spurge » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:37 am

The guardian saying best case a month for Kun and 2 weeks for Silva. Kun a thigh muscle tear (not a hamstring). Initially I felt that a thigh might be more easy to repair itself compared to a hamstring, but a muscle tear is a muscle tear and I suspect they have a similar healing time for the same grade injury.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ter-united
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby City64 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:52 am

A slight tad of "better" news this morning .......... Argentina,s medical staff saying it s "just" a strain but MCFC medical staff will know the full extent of the injury by Wednesday .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:19 am

City64 wrote:A slight tad of "better" news this morning .......... Argentina,s medical staff saying it s "just" a strain but MCFC medical staff will know the full extent of the injury by Wednesday .

With all our injuries I think I'd rather him be treated by Harold Shipman.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:30 am

dick dastardley wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Important players as well. Notice how Jovetic has played every game for Inter as well. Is there something wrong with our training/fitness/warm up that we seem to have more than our fair share?

Jovetic played at the start of the season but has been out injured for at least 2-3 weeks. Dzeko has been out injured too, at about the same time. Jovetic apparently has a baffling muscle injury.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:38 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:

Jovetic played at the start of the season but has been out injured for at least 2-3 weeks. Dzeko has been out injured too, at about the same time. Jovetic apparently has a baffling muscle injury.

Something to do with a warped spine, or lack of.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:42 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:

What's baffling is why teams keep paying him!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:11 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:

What's baffling is why teams keep paying him!

You can bet your ass we are subsidising his salary this season as well
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:29 pm

Kolarov INJURED tonight and SENT OFF whilst leaving the pitch WTF ???
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:41 pm

City64 wrote:Kolarov INJURED tonight and SENT OFF whilst leaving the pitch WTF ???

Just seen that, WTF! Could we be more unlucky? I have to agree with Beefy's comment earlier though about the days are gone whereby we didn't have many international regulars, it does unfortunately come with the territory these days :-(
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:37 pm

City64 wrote:Kolarov INJURED tonight and SENT OFF whilst leaving the pitch WTF ???

What sort of injury?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:48 pm

subbed then sent off 3 mins later
no idea if substitution was tactical or because of injury
if he was going mental off the bench he definitely wasn't seriously injured
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:52 pm

It's not only us that's had some bad luck this last week. Krul out for the season after rupturing his cruciate on a 4G pitch. They don't really have a decent keeper in reserve and things are pretty shite for them already.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:24 pm

Someone, a City 'fan', wished for Kolarov injured earlier in the thread so I hope they're buzzing tonight.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:24 pm

And you can bet your bottom dollar the fuckwits will turn round and say we have world class players to replace them with so it should be no excuse.

FUCKIGN BOLLOCKs.......Kolorov with clichy but no cunt can replace Aguero and Silva.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby phips » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:08 pm

Sister of fu wrote:It's not only us that's had some bad luck this last week. Krul out for the season after rupturing his cruciate on a 4G pitch. They don't really have a decent keeper in reserve and things are pretty shite for them already.

yeah, Gotze out for like 16 weeks too. but we've just had the bad luck of having 2 (maybe 3) of them in our side.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus