Injuries

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Injuries

Postby clippo22 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:17 pm

When he joins up with Belgium he still won't have the say on whether he plays or not. It will still be up to a qualified doctor, just the Belgium national teams doctor and not our doctor. I don't have a problem with him going, if it's a risk for him to play I think he would ask to sit it out anyway.

As said above he is very proud to be our captain and an intellegent guy, he is not looking to screw us over! Also said above he is very patriotic and we are just his employers! I don't have a big loyalty to my employers that would stop me if my country said they needed me!

I think it's very dangerous to tell players they can't go when called up by their country. Most players have a few clubs but only one country and in most cases the loyalty is stronger to the country. Also Fifa rules say you can't refuse a call up dont they?
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:27 pm

clippo22 wrote:When he joins up with Belgium he still won't have the say on whether he plays or not. It will still be up to a qualified doctor, just the Belgium national teams doctor and not our doctor. I don't have a problem with him going, if it's a risk for him to play I think he would ask to sit it out anyway.

As said above he is very proud to be our captain and an intellegent guy, he is not looking to screw us over! Also said above he is very patriotic and we are just his employers! I don't have a big loyalty to my employers that would stop me if my country said they needed me!

I think it's very dangerous to tell players they can't go when called up by their country. Most players have a few clubs but only one country and in most cases the loyalty is stronger to the country. Also Fifa rules say you can't refuse a call up dont they?

Not if he is injured and been out for 5 games and not match fit, even if he is ready to play anyway. Pellers said he allowed him to go because he is important for the national team dressing room but he wouldn't play.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:04 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
clippo22 wrote:When he joins up with Belgium he still won't have the say on whether he plays or not. It will still be up to a qualified doctor, just the Belgium national teams doctor and not our doctor. I don't have a problem with him going, if it's a risk for him to play I think he would ask to sit it out anyway.

Not if he is injured and been out for 5 games and not match fit, even if he is ready to play anyway. Pellers said he allowed him to go because he is important for the national team dressing room but he wouldn't play.

With respect it's not MP's decision as to whether he goes or plays.

It's true Ferguson "persuaded" many rags to miss international duties and retire early. However under FIFA rules a country has a right to ask an injured player to attend international duty, with their fitness determined by the national team's medical staff.

As City fans we might not like it, but those are the rules.

We must trust VK to give an honest assessment to those doctors of his injury.

IMO Sky are stirring to cause trouble between our captain and the club and fans. I would like to think our club can manage to avoid the breakdown in relationship that occurred between Mancini and VK.

He is the player that could determine whether we win the PL this season and I'm sure he is aware of it. I trust VK to make the right call.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dwaring » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:36 am

Tack Aguero on the list. Ffs I hate international football. Looks like he's done a hamstring. Just finding his form too.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby phips » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:44 am

Dwaring wrote:Tack Aguero on the list. Ffs I hate international football. Looks like he's done a hamstring. Just finding his form too.

yes!

(thank god its just Bournemouth when the break is over)
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:59 am

phips wrote:
Dwaring wrote:Tack Aguero on the list. Ffs I hate international football. Looks like he's done a hamstring. Just finding his form too.

yes!

I'm gonna take a wild guess you're cheering for the hatred of international footy. you might consider hiring an editor to scrutinize your posts as it looks like your cheering Aguero's injury. with your track record it's not inconceivable.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:58 am

Fucking stupid cunt internationals. I fucking hate international breaks, I bet this is gonna hurt our title challenge. Can feel it. Get fucked international breaks
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:19 am

nottsblue wrote:Ultimately he is an employee of the club. Yes, an important one as he is the club captain but an employee nonetheless. Should we wish for him not to play in order to not risk aggravating an injury then that should be the final say on the matter. If he disregards his employers wishes then he could be in breach of contract. I get that he is patriotic and wants to lead his country, but his first loyalty is to his club.

He wouldn't be in breach of his contract. We can wish for him not to play all we want but ultimately it isn't up to anyone at the club.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:55 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
phips wrote:

yes!

I'm gonna take a wild guess you're cheering for the hatred of international footy. you might consider hiring an editor to scrutinize your posts as it looks like your cheering Aguero's injury. with your track record it's not inconceivable.

Cheers

Dont worry , we have that prolific forward to replace him..BONY !!!!!..............fuck me , its like being told your Rolls Royce has to go in for a service and repair job but in the meantime use this fuckign robin reliant.

Shit Shite Shit.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby michaelcityfan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:30 am

I don't follow international football because I hate it especially when injuries wreck our chances. Bacon face got away with putting club first why can't we find a way around this nonsense. Sergio out for what six weeks anyone know. Maybe we should make retiring from international football part of the contract.
michaelcityfan

Postby michaelcityfan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:35 am

Just realized if Sergio is out for six weeks he misses the derby, Seville and some hard matches fuck me you couldn't make this up.
michaelcityfan

Postby nottsblue » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:38 am

Dreadful news waking up this morning. Just hope Silva doesnt play
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wooders » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:46 am

I'm no doctor but imagine a torn hamstring will take a while - fucking typical, just as the press start pondering if he'll get the ballon d'or - the kid can't catch a break
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:55 am

It doesn't look good stretchered off and in tears in the dressing room. The Argentinian manager is saying it was not the same injury he had already? Other leg? Seems strange. Terrible blow, we just have to get behind Bony now for the next couple of months and hope he stays injury free!
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:04 am

Who was the absolute goon on here saying that Aguero wasn't injury prone?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sidSmith » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:20 am

Plain Speaking wrote:It doesn't look good stretchered off and in tears in the dressing room. The Argentinian manager is saying it was not the same injury he had already? Other leg? Seems strange. Terrible blow, we just have to get behind Bony now for the next couple of months and hope he stays injury free!

It's fucking ridiculous that the club have to let their injured players go and be assessed by the country's doctors. We own the fucking players, we should decide. There's such a long gap between internationals they couldn't give a fuck if the players return injured and have to get better on our time and money, so they seem much more likely to risk them.

As he was carrying something he's obviously over compensated and put too much through the other leg. If he wasn't 100% he shouldn't have played. Fucking idiots!
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:26 am

The Derby will be a massive miss for us if he is out. which with a Hamstring means a month at least.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:30 am

Very annoyed to hear this.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby gillie » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:36 am

Rooney,Carrick and Sweinstieger all turn up for international duty with knocks and not one of them have or will play any part for their countries.Common denominator all 3 play for the rags also Ings not playing for England and Sturridge not even called up on the request of Liverpool.We need to tell the FA's of our players that if they have knocks when they turn up for international duty not to risk them.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:40 am

I thought Sergio was free of the muscle problems, as he had a new diet and training regime.The 12 hour flight seems to be the demon for the lad..
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum