Injuries

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Injuries

Postby blues2win » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:50 pm

Pellegrini nearly missed the flight. Left his passport at home and had to do an emergency round trip!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:53 pm

blues2win wrote:Pellegrini nearly missed the flight. Left his passport at home and had to do an emergency round trip!

Must be the pressure getting to him. ; )
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby phips » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:00 pm

if Silva is deemed fit for the squad tomorrow then id like to see him on the bench. yes its a huge match but he hasn't played in ~2 weeks and we wouldn't want him to overexert himself or get clattered by some German and be out again
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:40 pm

phips wrote:if Silva is deemed fit for the squad tomorrow then id like to see him on the bench. yes its a huge match but he hasn't played in ~2 weeks and we wouldn't want him to overexert himself or get clattered by some German and be out again

I think both Silva and Yaya need to be treated carefully tomorrow but I'm sure our medics will know if they are ready or not. I'm far more concerned about Saturday so it's fine by me if they are on the bench.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:15 pm

Horrible feeling we will pick up a serious knock to KDB tomorrow. They will be out to clog him I'm sure
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:11 pm

Kompany Clichy Delphi Nasri and Toure out. Mangala Ian and Bony in for tomorrow. Kompany is in the Belgian squad but may not play for a while yet.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:06 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Kompany Clichy Delphi Nasri and Toure out. Mangala Ian and Bony in for tomorrow. Kompany is in the Belgian squad but may not play for a while yet.

Good to have Mangala back. Give MDM a rest. Hope Silva is somewhere near match fitness. Bony and Nacho back is great as well.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:56 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Kompany Clichy Delphi Nasri and Toure out. Mangala Ian and Bony in for tomorrow. Kompany is in the Belgian squad but may not play for a while yet.

Good to have Mangala back. Give MDM a rest. Hope Silva is somewhere near match fitness. Bony and Nacho back is great as well.

Get a win, clean sheet, no injuries . ENDOF.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:36 am

Kompany has travelled with the Belgium squad and is training away from the team. SkySports reporting that he won't play this weekend but could play for them next Tuesday again Pellers wishes. If he does play next Tuesday after we've asked for him not to I'd leave him on the bench for a while to prove a point and stick with the Mang and the Otter.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:41 am

Mase wrote:Kompany has travelled with the Belgium squad and is training away from the team. SkySports reporting that he won't play this weekend but could play for them next Tuesday again Pellers wishes. If he does play next Tuesday after we've asked for him not to I'd leave him on the bench for a while to prove a point and stick with the Mang and the Otter.

With Sky's 'reporting' its hard to know what's true especially where MCFC are concerned.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:32 pm

Mase wrote:Kompany has travelled with the Belgium squad and is training away from the team. SkySports reporting that he won't play this weekend but could play for them next Tuesday again Pellers wishes. If he does play next Tuesday after we've asked for him not to I'd leave him on the bench for a while to prove a point and stick with the Mang and the Otter.

If we have asked him to not play next week and he goes against the clubs wishes. I would strip him of the captaincy immediately. What kind of example is that setting to the rest of the squad and academy.

I don't care how big a game it is for his national team, it would be totally disrespectful.

I would not appoint Yaya either. It would be Hart all the way.

This is all conjecture until something happens of course.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:52 pm

Id just sell the cunt next season..hes had 10 fuckign calf injuries in the last 3 years...thats abnormal.

When you cannot rely on a player (Especially CB) to be fit then you have to sell him.

And on the topic of him going against the Managers orders , Id fuckign bench him permanently when he gets back.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:58 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

If we have asked him to not play next week and he goes against the clubs wishes. I would strip him of the captaincy immediately. What kind of example is that setting to the rest of the squad and academy.

I don't care how big a game it is for his national team, it would be totally disrespectful.

IMO we are over reacting here. VK is intensely patriotic and will want to play for his country but only if he is fit. We should not threaten him. Personally, I would trust VK to make the required call.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby phips » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:25 pm

how can players be stupid enough to go play when they know they're injured? and his current calf injury isn't just some tiny thing--he's been out for 5 matches. Andorra? Israel? Belgium could sleepwalk through that even if Kompany and Vermaelen are injured.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:37 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

IMO we are over reacting here. VK is intensely patriotic and will want to play for his country but only if he is fit. We should not threaten him. Personally, I would trust VK to make the required call.

That's where we differ. It's NOT his call to make. He is not a qualified doctor/physio and going against his clubs direct orders would be construed as misconduct. I know this is only hypothetical but it's no Vinny choice.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:13 pm

I think the problem is you've got players like Jovetic who are happy not to play if they break a nail. And then you've got players like Kompany that just want to play football all the time because that's what they love. As WW has mentioned it shouldn't be Kompany's call it should be a qualified doctor.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:16 pm

Ultimately he is an employee of the club. Yes, an important one as he is the club captain but an employee nonetheless. Should we wish for him not to play in order to not risk aggravating an injury then that should be the final say on the matter. If he disregards his employers wishes then he could be in breach of contract. I get that he is patriotic and wants to lead his country, but his first loyalty is to his club.
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dameerto » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:14 pm

He's under contract to a club that has taken medical advice - if he ignores the advice he should face consequences.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:35 pm

He's got previous for this. Why do you think we got him so cheap?

That said, I do not trust sky to tell me what day of the week it is.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:53 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

That's where we differ. It's NOT his call to make. He is not a qualified doctor/physio and going against his clubs direct orders would be construed as misconduct. I know this is only hypothetical but it's no Vinny choice.

He will obviously be receiving on going qualified medical advice while away. As I understand it, when he's away on international duty, the club cant "give him orders not to play", its the country's medical staffs decision.

He is our dedicated club captain, a position he is proud of and takes very seriously and IMO we should trust him. I don't believe we should be creating unnecessary tension and conflict like Mancini did.

In his biography about Pep, Ballague tells how Pep was in a tricky position when he started management. Barca initially refused Messi permission to go to the Bejing Olympics, (there was even a dispute at a tribunal, between club and country), which Barca won. Pep decided to allow Messi to go to the Olympics. Pep's appreciation of the players position was a building block in the strong trust relationship which was so critical to Barca's success.
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=FdV ... na&f=false
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum