Injuries

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Injuries

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:51 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Im getting fucking angry.

no doubt you're comfort eating as well

Croissant with cafe con leche...........fuck face,
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dameerto » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:02 pm

Hodgson talking about Carrick and Rooney:

"He [Carrick] had a fitness test this morning, it went well to a point but he still feels it when he opens out his leg for the side foot pass. It wouldn't have been possible for him to play tonight, but whether it would have cleared up in a couple of days and given him a chance in Lithuania I suppose that is open to debate but there are other players I need to see in that game.

"From Michael's point of view and Manchester United's point of view the rest will do him good.I full expect to see both Michael and Wayne Rooney 100% fit for Louis van Gaal next Saturday."

Do you honestly think he would be saying the same things about City players?
There is no way Kompany should be making a return from injury for Belgium ahead of City - this is around the third time over two or three seasons I've said exactly the same thing.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:54 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:If you aren't fit for your club you shouldn't be released....this is one thing Fergie did well which you have to admire. When he needed players to stand down and avoid playing for their country, he got his wish.

I remember reading that it was really only the rags English players that wouldn't play if called up.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:34 pm

Hodges also has rested Milner saying he has played a lot of games for Liverpool. Wonder if Sterling will be chanced?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:38 pm

It may benefit us if Vinny gets some game time tomorrow. He's been out for a while. That's if he doesn't get injured. If.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:21 pm

blues2win wrote:It may benefit us if Vinny gets some game time tomorrow. He's been out for a while. That's if he doesn't get injured. If.

If he's not fit and he plays and gets hurt Id seriously strip him of the captaincy.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:39 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:If you aren't fit for your club you shouldn't be released....this is one thing Fergie did well which you have to admire. When he needed players to stand down and avoid playing for their country, he got his wish.

I remember reading that it was really only the rags English players that wouldn't play if called up.

Keane rarely played a friendly for Republic of Ireland, always had a knock and would be 100% for the Rags the next weekend. That was one of the reasons for the Saipan fallout.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:29 am

Sergio saying he hopes to be back to play BRAZIL in November, Brazil, oh my god.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:33 am

Anybody remember the last time Vinnie played against club wishes? Thought he was doing right, came back and went out with an injury on a second game back.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:41 am

I have no idea how credible this is but they reckon Sergio is out for 7 weeks
Watch on youtube.com
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:56 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Anybody remember the last time Vinnie played against club wishes? Thought he was doing right, came back and went out with an injury on a second game back.

Hopefully, he does.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:10 pm

Maybe their countries can start paying their wage if they get injured whilst on international duty for the time they're out from until they recover?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:21 pm

Mase wrote:Maybe their countries can start paying their wage if they get injured whilst on international duty for the time they're out from until they recover?

That's a good shout. Bang out a million dollar insurance policy for every fucking match and see how that feels you fucking shitty FAs and your meaningless fucking matches.

World Cup? Play it like a cup where the top 32 teams enter at a certain round and fuck these qualifiers. When you get down to the final 32 then you have the summer tourney. Simples. Every match matters. Knock out comp. boom. Way more fucking fun for everyone. Except FIFA. Do the same on a smaller scale for the euros and the African bullshit. Etc.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:34 pm

The dignified silence is credit to us, Nice if Pellers, blasts the AFA as they knew he was carrying a strain. Pretty sure the wankers of the press will be trying to get him at it. It will not help any, but once in a while a pop can get a message of do not take the piss with out investments !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby phips » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:19 pm

Mase wrote:Maybe their countries can start paying their wage if they get injured whilst on international duty for the time they're out from until they recover?

i just read something that Newcastle are getting a tidy sum since Krul was injured on international duty. not sure if that's just because its a season-ending injury or not.

the Geordies will make a claim to world governing body FIFA's Club Protection Programme...That scheme paid out £29million to settle 126 cases from 2012-14 - up to a maximum of £5.5m per injury.

The amount is calculated according to the player's salary for "temporary disablement in an international match".
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:31 pm

phips wrote:

i just read something that Newcastle are getting a tidy sum since Krul was injured on international duty. not sure if that's just because its a season-ending injury or not.

the Geordies will make a claim to world governing body FIFA's Club Protection Programme...That scheme paid out £29million to settle 126 cases from 2012-14 - up to a maximum of £5.5m per injury.

The amount is calculated according to the player's salary for "temporary disablement in an international match".

That makes sense. I know it won't make much of a difference but it's good to know that some of their wages will be covered.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:37 pm

There was a clause that if a player was injured that the relevant FA would compensate the club but I think it was changed a few years back where it's actually FIFA who pay, but that might just be for World matches rather than European.

Either way, clubs are compensated for injuries incurred on international duty.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:There was a clause that if a player was injured that the relevant FA would compensate the club but I think it was changed a few years back where it's actually FIFA who pay, but that might just be for World matches rather than European.

I think FIFA could be a bit busy for more claims. Changing the name to FFS what now !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:56 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:There was a clause that if a player was injured that the relevant FA would compensate the club but I think it was changed a few years back where it's actually FIFA who pay, but that might just be for World matches rather than European.

I think FIFA could be a bit busy for more claims. Changing the name to FFS what now !

Seems that they'll pay out though, even if it is 12 years later ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:17 pm

Vinnie in as captain tonight. Fingers crossed.....very tight.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum