Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Original Dub » Sat May 13, 2017 1:49 pm

2 weeks in a row and no bogey decision against us.

Happy days
Original Dub

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat May 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Original Dub wrote:2 weeks in a row and no bogey decision against us.

Happy days

Does nobody else think the challenge on Fernandinho in the first half was a penalty then?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Spurge » Sat May 13, 2017 2:00 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Happy days

Does nobody else think the challenge on Fernandinho in the first half was a penalty then?

Yes I did, almost forgot about that after everything else that went on in the second half. Lets also hope FA don't look back,at fern1's elbow on albrighton. That lads gonna feel like he's been in with Anthony Joshua on the coach back,to Leicester bloody nose and proper shiner.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Original Dub » Sat May 13, 2017 2:30 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Happy days

Probably 50/50 mate.

Wasn't stone wall anyway. There the only ones I count.
Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat May 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Happy days

It does feel very weird OD; in fact it's so counter to what has almost criminally become 'the natural order of things', that it's a trifle unnerving. :o
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dameerto » Sat May 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Happy days

It does feel very weird OD; in fact it's so counter to what has almost criminally become 'the natural order of things', that it's a trifle unnerving. :o

Finishing positions at the top are almost sorted, and City can't affect who wins the Prem. Purely coincidence though, obviously.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat May 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Well the foul on Mahrez was outside the box but justice was done
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sat May 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Happy days

Finishing positions at the top are almost sorted, and City can't affect who wins the Prem. Purely coincidence though, obviously.

It is according to LookNige aka Helen Keller

:lol:
Original Dub

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat May 13, 2017 5:07 pm

strange nervy match. fully expecting a ban for fern 1. Media witch hunt has already begun.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat May 13, 2017 5:19 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:strange nervy match. fully expecting a ban for fern 1. Media witch hunt has already begun.

Business "as usual" then Bob.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat May 13, 2017 6:17 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:strange nervy match. fully expecting a ban for fern 1. Media witch hunt has already begun.

Business "as usual" then Bob.

it's been exhausting this season.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby City64 » Sat May 13, 2017 8:14 pm

Pawson under orders today after getting us knocked out of the FA cup work done and pay packet received .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat May 13, 2017 8:37 pm

Ref was useless today and completely lost control of the game. I won't say biased, as I think both he and the assistants got decisions wrong both ways. By the end, the linesman in front of the family stand was just guessing, thankfully in our favour and I assume to reduce the grief he was getting, but that's no way to officiate a game.

I get the distinct impression the refs are either bent or useless, which seems awful for the biggest league in the world. Then I think about WWE and wonder how much of this is just scripted with a lot of improv around it and someone to make sure the result is right in the end
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat May 13, 2017 9:56 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Ref was useless today and completely lost control of the game. I won't say biased, as I think both he and the assistants got decisions wrong both ways. By the end, the linesman in front of the family stand was just guessing, thankfully in our favour and I assume to reduce the grief he was getting, but that's no way to officiate a game.

I get the distinct impression the refs are either bent or useless, which seems awful for the biggest league in the world. Then I think about WWE and wonder how much of this is just scripted with a lot of improv around it and someone to make sure the result is right in the end

Your second paragraph hits the nail on the head mate. Ultimately, football is not the main event, money is the overarching factor and those paying for it want value for it. If it's the mythical 659 million, that certain a club wants everybody to believe, then that is where the dial will point in regard to promoting the league.

Football sells, and just like WWE, it's all about perception.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Sat May 13, 2017 10:03 pm

David Silva , serial yellow card collector ..... please !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Justified logic » Sun May 14, 2017 8:31 am

Ref called the two-touch penalty correct by the rules of the game. (Why is there even any controversy about that decision?) However Shearer thinks the rule should be scrapped as it is a "stupid rule" and not meant for instances like yesterday's. Suck it up you cunt.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun May 14, 2017 8:33 am

What happened when Hart kicked the ball twice against QPR and Austin scored? Was he allowed to retake it or was it a free kick to them?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun May 14, 2017 9:35 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:Ref was useless today and completely lost control of the game. I won't say biased, as I think both he and the assistants got decisions wrong both ways. By the end, the linesman in front of the family stand was just guessing, thankfully in our favour and I assume to reduce the grief he was getting, but that's no way to officiate a game.

I spotted that too. There were three occasions where he was called into action to make decision but just looked at the ref, who in-turn just looked back at him presumably because he was clueless too,

They were both waiting to judge player reaction but in two of those occasions the players were just waiting on a decisions forcing them to just guess.

Each time they went with the least controversial decision of a thrown in by kick to us.

It just goes to show you why players claim for everything even when it's 99% clear you are wrong.
ross.mcfc

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun May 14, 2017 9:35 am

Justified logic wrote:Ref called the two-touch penalty correct by the rules of the game. (Why is there even any controversy about that decision?) However Shearer thinks the rule should be scrapped as it is a "stupid rule" and not meant for instances like yesterday's. Suck it up you cunt.

Shearer was in full flow, jaundiced, anti-City mode last night.

Lineker had already mentioned that the penalty rule was there to stop players dribbling the ball close to the goal before shooting, but the Geordie loudmouth just denounced the rule as stupid without saying why that was the case, or offering some other idea as to what could 'replace' it.

As a supposedly expert footballing analyst on that programme, Shearer is, apart from being just a mouth on legs, stealing money. It's just a pity Lineker didn't have the gumption to take him to task.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Sun May 14, 2017 4:39 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Happy days

for some weeks now we have had nothing tonplay for , no wonder they have been easy on us.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum