Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:54 am

Here we go again. Not much point playing football anymore, the refs should just award the points as directed.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:54 am

Apparently Lingard could have seen red as well.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BookJunior » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:56 am

Another day and another crap ref decision.

I'm losing the will to live with all this.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:57 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Ragsford just dived for a penalty that even MotD 2 said it should never have been given. Yet, once again, the Rags get favourable decisions.

You listening NT?

He's gone missing, oddly enough.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:58 am

Just looked at the Beeb's feed and it's funny how the commentary is very sympathetic to anything the Rags do wrong. Luckily there's others on there who will tell it how it is.

Apparently Swansea have been far in a way the better side.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:58 am

Normal service has been resumed.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:00 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Apparently Lingard could have seen red as well.

It was borderline and definitely a rough tackle, but studs weren't showing so yellow was probably the right decision.

Rashford should have had a yellow before his dive but the refs don't seem to book him ever.

Graham poll just said that if he had VAR for that decision it would definitely be no penalty and a yellow to rashford for diving.

So the rags should be down to ten men and the scoreline nil all.

But guess what....
Original Dub

Postby gmercer1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:01 pm

What's amazing is he waited for his linesman to give him the decision, how the fuck could the linesman see that from where he was stood, the keepers body was completely in the way!
Please don't tell me this is the same linesman that didn't see Walker shove Sterling!!
gmercer1

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Dimples » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:09 pm

Some posters refer to the calls refs and linesmen make as 'decisions'.

Could we stop using that word please.
'following instructions' is a better description.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:11 pm

gmercer1 wrote:What's amazing is he waited for his linesman to give him the decision, how the fuck could the linesman see that from where he was stood, the keepers body was completely in the way!
Please don't tell me this is the same linesman that didn't see Walker shove Sterling!!

It may have looked like he was waiting for the lino but, from what we've seen so far this season, he was probably getting orders from an outside influence.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:....still trying to work out who's leading the footy fix and which teams they are looking to favour...

Let me try to help you yet again. Imagine you ran a league such as the Prem (with its derivative reffing op) or a franchise like UEFA or a media company such as Sky. Then ask yourself which teams are likely to give you the biggest audience for your matches, or pay-out for your franchises or viewers for your TV rights and or clicks on your websites etc. Would your answer be that in order to maximise your investment you need to do your best to ensure the success of those clubs with a demographic advantage in terms of their support? If that's the business case it only remains to work out how you can influence events to enable that success. You can read about the many and varied efforts by those vested interests to favour their chosen creatures on here and on every other City forum. Or you could just work it out yourself from the evidence of your own sensory apparatus..
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby gmercer1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:32 pm

Ref just give Ashley Young a free kick. Yiu need to see it to believe it
gmercer1

Postby Dimples » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:37 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:....still trying to work out who's leading the footy fix and which teams they are looking to favour...

Let me try to help you yet again. Imagine you ran a league such as the Prem (with its derivative reffing op) or a franchise like UEFA or a media company such as Sky. Then ask yourself which teams are likely to give you the biggest audience for your matches, or pay-out for your franchises or viewers for your TV rights and or clicks on your websites etc. Would your answer be that in order to maximise your investment you need to do your best to ensure the success of those clubs with a demographic advantage in terms of their support? If that's the business case it only remains to work out how you can influence events to enable that success. You can read about the many and varied efforts by those vested interests to favour their chosen creatures on here and on every other City forum. Or you could just work it out yourself from the evidence of your own sensory apparatus..

Above implemented in a business training course fundamentals for idiots:

SKY investment = £ billions
MU global following approx 1 000 000 000 (a billion) and MU success equals a potential 1 billion subscriptions ££££££££££££s
Swansea following approx 100 000 and Swans success makes no difference to the bottom line zero £s

Now imagine they are playing each other in a game where MU must win to get top 4 and boost subscriptions.........

Exercise:
Q1. if you were Sky what decision would you make to boost your income?
Q2. how would you try and implement that decision?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:56 pm

6 minutes injury time.

All the help in the world and they're still struggling.

Imagine where we'd be with all that help??
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:57 pm

Original Dub wrote:6 minutes injury time.

All the help in the world and they're still struggling.

Imagine where we'd be with all that help??

Under the Govan pisscan they'd be top of the league. Day is not over yet though and they'll get plenty of help in our game.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:59 pm

Dimples wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

MU global following approx 1 000 000 000 (a billion) and MU success equals a potential 1 billion subscriptions ££££££££££££s
Swansea following approx 100 000 and Swans success makes no difference to the bottom line zero £s

Now imagine they are playing each other in a game where MU must win to get top 4 and boost subscriptions.........

Exercise:

Can I phone a friend?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dimples » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:02 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Dimples wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Exercise:

Can I phone a friend?

Of course. Hi Nigel, Chris here, you have.......
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:04 pm

:lol: :lol:
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:32 pm

Did we just get a favour???!
Original Dub

Postby gmercer1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:34 pm

Original Dub wrote:Did we just get a favour???!

Yep! Think it was because he realised he fucked up on the sending off and the pen for handball
gmercer1

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum