Lewandowski

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Lewandowski

Postby phips » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:53 pm

i wasn't aware that i needed to inform you of my football-viewing schedule. duly noted.

im DVRing Dortmund today and watching it when i get home. I'll also be waking up at 440am on Saturday to watch City live.
that's all I've got planned now. will keep you apprised.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:56 pm

phips wrote:i wasn't aware that i needed to inform you of my football-viewing schedule. duly noted.

im DVRing Dortmund today and watching it when i get home. I'll also be waking up at 440am on Saturday to watch City live.
that's all I've got planned now. will keep you apprised.

Don't know where you're getting that idea from.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:57 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
I believe jack put in an a motm performance yesterday going down 3-2

He played really well. It was quite a change to the league game a couple of weeks ago when Cambuur lost 6-0 at home against PSV.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:watched it live

Who do you support again?

considering that i greatly prefer to pay full attention to City matches I decided that since i could only stream 1 match on my phone at work without audio that id go with Bayern. Plus, i can't get Bein sports on my phone so DVR it was for the City match.

your attempts are confrontation are admirable.

I'm not attempting anything. Just found it extremely odd that someone who claims to be a City fan watched a game that had nothing to do with City whilst City were playing.

It's not extremely odd mate, it's extremely straight forward. The cunt supports City about as much as my aunty Margaret.
She'll watch them, but not if Eastenders is on at the same time.

Isn't that right, Aunty Margaret?
You cunt.
Original Dub

Postby Tim777 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:48 am

OS are quoting the Daily Star's report that we are in pole position to land him:
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-pap ... 1447441617

Also, there are reports of a rift between him and Arjen Robben because of the latter being selfish in front of goal:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2588 ... ern-munich

Snub *cough* Snub:
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/15/ro ... on/page/1/

And there we have your premier Sunday thread resurrection and link fix, Phips' and WAM-style ;)
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Slim » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:19 am

I would have him in a heartbeat, lethal striker but it would be the end of Bony as a City player. We need to stop signing players from Swansea, nothing but bad news.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:49 am

Slim wrote:I would have him in a heartbeat, lethal striker but it would be the end of Bony as a City player. We need to stop signing players from Swansea, nothing but bad news.

Me too.
Not bothered.
Still think he will end up at rags tho. I think they will spend big on top striker next summer esp. if/when they get CL again
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:41 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Slim wrote:I would have him in a heartbeat, lethal striker but it would be the end of Bony as a City player. We need to stop signing players from Swansea, nothing but bad news.

Me too.
Not bothered.
Still think he will end up at rags tho. I think they will spend big on top striker next summer esp. if/when they get CL again

Pretty much sums up my feelings. A top player in the form of his life. A player like that could be the difference between glory and clapping the winners
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:09 am

I've not heard a single plausible reason why he would want to leave Bayern, or why Bayern would want him to.

Yes it seems there's a rift with Robben, but he's 32 and not featuring in the first team very much - he will be the one to leave. Robben would be a good stop-gap option for us I think if Nasri could be offloaded.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:22 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:I've not heard a single plausible reason why he would want to leave Bayern, or why Bayern would want him to.

Yes it seems there's a rift with Robben, but he's 32 and not featuring in the first team very much - he will be the one to leave. Robben would be a good stop-gap option for us I think if Nasri could be offloaded.

No thanks. We should quit doing that, if youngsters are ever going to get a look in.
At 32 he's too old to be coming in.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:26 am

with the new tv contract kicking in, there will be loads of top players coming over to the premier league next summer.

they are all in it for the ££££s as thomas muller admitted only last month

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -hypocrisy

would not be at all surprised if lewandowski joined us.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:32 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:I've not heard a single plausible reason why he would want to leave Bayern, or why Bayern would want him to.

No thanks. We should quit doing that, if youngsters are ever going to get a look in.

On the contrary, at 32 he is not a 50m investment that we need to stick around for 5 years to make it financially viable. There is most definitely a case for a player like Robben being around the club.

At 32 he will spend a max of 2 years at the club, will gradually reduce his playing time hence being a great alternative to having to throw the likes of Barker into the mix at 18 in the event of a couple of injuries
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Slim » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:17 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

On the contrary, at 32 he is not a 50m investment that we need to stick around for 5 years to make it financially viable. There is most definitely a case for a player like Robben being around the club.

At 32 he will spend a max of 2 years at the club, will gradually reduce his playing time hence being a great alternative to having to throw the likes of Barker into the mix at 18 in the event of a couple of injuries

I wasn't reading that right, Lewandowski isn't 32 you morons then I realised you'd moved on.

No to Robben, let the rags pick up Bayern's castoffs, that's what they're there for.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:35 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Robben?! Are you trying to give PBL a hernia?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:22 pm

Robben can fuck off. I would slap a 100 m on the table for lewandowski.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby The Maine Man » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:54 am

Everything about Robben screams rag. He can fuck right off. Lewandowski I'd take in the beat of a humming bird's wing. Exactly what we need right now.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:51 am

To those that are saying they'd like us to sign him. Would he partner Aguero? Would we go back to 4-4-2? or would he compete with Aguero for the lone striker position?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum