***Sunderland v City League Cup Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Sunderland v City League Cup Official Match Thread***

Postby Dunnylad » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:29 pm

Fans were as flat as the team in the second half, not sure everyone came back out - not helped that bar was on level below???? Mind first half was cracking, fans in good humour - best song was the "we are man city, we glow in the dark" - Sunderland so poor someone should put them out of their misery now. Not the managers fault but years of poor investment
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:33 pm

Only caught the last 13 minutes or so, but I was keeping up with the score.
You can't argue with the win but I can't help but feel a little disappointed that being 4-0 up so early, that Pellers didn't give the youngsters a bit longer.
Nice touch to give Evans a few minutes at the end but have to admit, I was scratching my head as to why at the time. What benefit to him was it?
It was only after I saw the interview for CityTV that I saw the significance. Great for the lad.
Would have liked to see Maffeo start, but I suppose we can't really be picky about the win.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:58 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:Only caught the last 13 minutes or so, but I was keeping up with the score.
You can't argue with the win but I can't help but feel a little disappointed that being 4-0 up so early, that Pellers didn't give the youngsters a bit longer.
Nice touch to give Evans a few minutes at the end but have to admit, I was scratching my head as to why at the time. What benefit to him was it?
It was only after I saw the interview for CityTV that I saw the significance. Great for the lad.
Would have liked to see Maffeo start, but I suppose we can't really be picky about the win.

i said it before but i won't complain about whatever he decides. Cracking win. Kevin Brown looks like an amazing player. Roger Sterling got his mad men hand stronger, and Fernando looked tidy. Otamendi is like the South American Richard Dunne, in both negative and positive ways. A good day out for the squad. Will help rebuild some confidence going into the weekend which will be a tough tough match i think.

We stumbled at the first CL hurdle and got outplayed at home in the League to a scrappy side who were well managed. Now we need to get back on our League horse and show them who's boss. We needed last night's win, in that style. Can't wait to see us play again, and that's all any fan can hope for.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby phips » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:59 am

has anyone ever seen Sterling score with a power shot, rather than the weak placement ones he always tries? its so frustrating.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:37 am

phips wrote:has anyone ever seen Sterling score with a power shot, rather than the weak placement ones he always tries? its so frustrating.

he's fucking danger mouse, not Toure Yaya.

you hardly ever have anything positive to say. I wonder why?

oh, right. That's why.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:55 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:Only caught the last 13 minutes or so, but I was keeping up with the score.

No we can't. It's plain as day to see that the youngsters have talent, but at the moment weaken the team. I like Roberts and he will end up a better player than Navas. But right now he doesn't have the power. Same with Maffeo and Sagna..

Can't understand why people want to risk us being knocked out
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:28 am

john@staustell wrote:

No we can't. It's plain as day to see that the youngsters have talent, but at the moment weaken the team. I like Roberts and he will end up a better player than Navas. But right now he doesn't have the power. Same with Maffeo and Sagna..

Can't understand why people want to risk us being knocked out

I mostly agree with john here but I also have to wonder was the game really in danger at 75 or 80 minutes?
I don't complain though, just wondering. As I said before the game I don't care who is in the lineup as long as we win. I want another day at Wembley!

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:You cannot judge anybody on that second half performance where basically all the team stopped playing and strolled around sat on a 4 goal lead. Great to be in that position and good they got a bit of time but I would have preferred it in a competitive game. Sunderland were trying but we were not.

Exactly. I think someone like Roberts would actually thrive on the chance to get on when we're chasing the game (like hammers at the weekend) or trying to find the winner.
Yesterday there was zero movement and urgency from others which clearly made it hard for PR and MG too. Or forced them to the sideways passing in other words.
Good experience for them
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:32 am

phips wrote:has anyone ever seen Sterling score with a power shot, rather than the weak placement ones he always tries? its so frustrating.

Watch on youtube.com
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby AG7 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:33 am

Maybe he was simply trying to keep Aguero on for another 5-10 mins to see if he can score from open play ... you know for his confidence. It's not always about kids!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Wooders » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:11 am

Any highlights anywhere ?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:24 am

Wooders wrote:Any highlights anywhere ?

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2015 ... l-match/#2
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wooders » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:48 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Wooders wrote:Any highlights anywhere ?

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2015 ... l-match/#2

Ta
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum