Radio Raheem

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Radio Raheem

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:56 pm

I think I'm more fond of him because the murderers hate him so much. I just want him to take a massive shit all over them in some final and just stand there in front of their thieving fans not even celebrating.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:02 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Still not convinced at all. People said he had technical ability, haven't seen that so far. Struggles to control and trap a ball more often than not. Just looks like another speed merchant to me

Sadly. I am also very disappointed. £50m looks like the scousers got away with the perfect crime.

I believe the scousers got £35m and QPR £9m. The add ons won't materialise. That said, I don't rate him. I wouldn't play him but there seems to be a reluctance to drop expensive players at all clubs.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PrezIke » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Great signing a few weeks ago, even according to the English media who had ridiculed the move to us.

He's learning, and he actually had some quite good finishes recently so, again, signs of a work in progress.

I'm far from worried about the signing, and who cares about the money anyway? Our club can surely afford it.

Wonder how Chelsea are feeling about selling Lukaku when they gave up on him so soon.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:43 pm

PrezIke wrote:Great signing a few weeks ago, even according to the English media who had ridiculed the move to us.

He's learning, and he actually had some quite good finishes recently so, again, signs of a work in progress.

I'm far from worried about the signing, and who cares about the money anyway? Our club can surely afford it.

Wonder how Chelsea are feeling about selling Lukaku when they gave up on him so soon.

I don't care about the money and you make a fair point. But I do think the club do care about the money and find it difficult to drop such an expensive player. If we had picked him up in s free from Doncastet he would be nowhere near the first team given his performances. I would love him to succeed if only to piss the dippers off as Mase says above but I just don't rate him at all.
South Stand Balti

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:59 pm

going to reserve judgement until he's had a proper run of games with kun, merlin and kdb alongside him
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:00 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Great signing a few weeks ago, even according to the English media who had ridiculed the move to us.

I don't care about the money and you make a fair point. But I do think the club do care about the money and find it difficult to drop such an expensive player. If we had picked him up in s free from Doncastet he would be nowhere near the first team given his performances. I would love him to succeed if only to piss the dippers off as Mase says above but I just don't rate him at all.

If that was the case about dropping expensive players then why does Mangala and Ota not start over Vinnie when all are fit?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:10 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

If that was the case about dropping expensive players then why does Mangala and Ota not start over Vinnie when all are fit?

I think the Otter would start alongside Vinny when all are fit. Mangala has played a lot of games for us since he signed and started this season alongside Vinny. It is only the signing of the Otter (and injuries) that have pushed him out. I think that proves my point to an extent. The real difference though between Mangala and Sterling is that Mangala has been here long enough to finally convince people he isn't the answer.
South Stand Balti

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:14 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

I think the Otter would start alongside Vinny when all are fit. Mangala has played a lot of games for us since he signed and started this season alongside Vinny. It is only the signing of the Otter (and injuries) that have pushed him out. I think that proves my point to an extent. The real difference though between Mangala and Sterling is that Mangala has been here long enough to finally convince people he isn't the answer.

I don't think it proves your point at all. In fact I don't believe Sterling, or KDB for that matter, would've played quite so much had Silva and Nasri not been injured recently.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:24 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

I don't think it proves your point at all. In fact I don't believe Sterling, or KDB for that matter, would've played quite so much had Silva and Nasri not been injured recently.

We will see when they are both back but if Merlin is not fit to start today then I would have Navas, Yaya (Behind Aguero) and KDB up front, not Sterling. I know KDB is not in the best form at the moment but he has scored and created regularly, and been top class in many games.
South Stand Balti

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:34 pm

I don't disagree with KDB starting ahead of him.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Sterling on the right though.

And like I've said previously, I'd like to see how he gets on with Clichy supporting him rather than him supporting Kolarov.

I think one of the factors in both struggling for top form is that they're trying to integrate into a side that is currently struggling for form, can't be easy when you're the new kid especially when things aren't clicking for the team.

What I really don't get is people writing off a 20 year old kid that has proven he can do at the top just because his performances have been a bit hit and miss.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:46 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I don't disagree with KDB starting ahead of him.

And like I've said previously, I'd like to see how he gets on with Clichy supporting him rather than him supporting Kolarov.

I think one of the factors in both struggling for top form is that they're trying to integrate into a side that is currently struggling for form, can't be easy when you're the new kid especially when things aren't clicking for the team.

What I really don't get is people writing off a 20 year old kid that has proven he can do at the top just because his performances have been a bit hit and miss.

I'm not writing him off and I will cheer him on all afternoon but I don't think he is worth his place right now. He has loads of time to develop and I hope he does. When he was at the dippers though I thought he was massively overrated by the media which is saturated with Scouse bias. He had some great moments but disappeared for long spells too though I thought Rodgers handled him badly. I was never that convinced but there is talent there. I hope he can become a 90 minute player for us.
South Stand Balti

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:48 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:

I'm not writing him off and I will cheer him on all afternoon but I don't think he is worth his place right now. He has loads of time to develop and I hope he does. When he was at the dippers though I thought he was massively overrated by the media which is saturated with Scouse bias. He had some great moments but disappeared for long spells too though I thought Rodgers handled him badly. I was never that convinced but there is talent there. I hope he can become a 90 minute player for us.

Apologies, I thought you saying you didn't rate him at all meant you were writing him off.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:53 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:

Apologies, I thought you saying you didn't rate him at all meant you were writing him off.

It wasn't my best choice of words but his level is not good enough for us at the moment.
South Stand Balti

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:48 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:

I kind of get where SSB is coming from. I didn't and still don't rate him as being in the bracket, talent-wise, that his price-tag should suggest. That's as much a sign of the times and the market.
I was not in favour of buying him, but was really pleasantly surprised, at the start of the season, at what he brought to the balance and shape of thevteam. This as much as our attitude at the start, caught teams cold I thought. We were up for it and we had real balance and width and pace.
Injuries and players playing out of position....argue whatever the reasons, but we are not firing on all cylinders and Raheem hasn't kicked on. I think his control is not what you would hope for in a top player and I don't know that you can teach that at this stage. He was probably ideally suited to the fast break football Liverpool were playing, but we require a little more in a player.
He finishes only slightly better than Navas, but I would choose Navas all day long, ahead of him. He's young and as long as he's still willing to learn I'd have hope for him, but he is not currently at the level required.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:12 pm

Give him his due. He's started well today.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:15 am

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:48 am

why was he taken off at half time on saturday?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PrezIke » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:07 pm

Dubciteh wrote:why was he taken off at half time on saturday?

Wasn't playing too well. I think Pellegrini is worried about him getting too gassed in the head at his age and wants him to be more consistent. He and Nacho seem to be treated with such a concern.

Regardless, congrats to our Raheem. Excited for his future with the club. Best young English talent and amongst the world as well.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby bayblue » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:17 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2317348.html

Well in Raheem.

Glad to see that alongside him Sven still Kums
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby MUS » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:48 pm

The article on the Beeb is more concerned with the Barca trio not making it to the list, and only mention Sterling in the 6th paragraph.

Now I know this may sound like an old broken record, but could you imagine if he'd done that under Liverpool? It would have been headline news lol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35104275
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum