Radio Raheem

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Radio Raheem

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:30 am

Sister of fu wrote:People like to harp on about fees. It's not the lads fault we paid what we did, United have just spent 30 million on someone who know one had heard of two weeks, football has gone mad.

Why as City fans we wouldn't want to put a collective arm around the lad and really get behind him is beyond he. He is hated outside the walls of City so that should make us want to help and get behind him even more. If we can get him back to his Liverpool form of 18 months ago we will have a real player on our hands. We saw against Seville just how good he can be.

Fuck England and all the fans that have made him a scapegoat, just a load of bitter people IMO. A lot of his treatment relates to him leaving Liverpool, an institution of a football club for oil rich City.

This!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:52 am

Mase wrote:Scouser in work was adamant that they got £50 million for him. Wasn't having any of it when I told him it was £44 mill. Anyone got any proof it was £44 mill so I can ram it down this bin dippers throat?

It was an initial 44m. With 5m of add ons. But don't forget they only got 35m as 20% went to QPR. So in effect they swapped him for benteke.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:05 am

SkySportsNews - they've just compared Sturridge's stats with Sterling's for yesterday's game. Why? I fuckin hate England! Get behind your own players ffs! It's why you'll never win anything!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:20 am

Mase wrote:Scouser in work was adamant that they got £50 million for him. Wasn't having any of it when I told him it was £44 mill. Anyone got any proof it was £44 mill so I can ram it down this bin dippers throat?

Ask for proof we paid £50 million, let him do the work.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby gillie » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:17 am

The media and so called expert pundits are going to destroy an exceptional talent imo . Now either Luis Suarez is the best player in the world or Raheem is very good because along side Suarez everyone raved about the lad,lets see what Pep can get out of him before judging him too harshly or we are just like the media morons. In fact the worst England player so far in the tournament has been Harry Kane and where is the criticism of him from Camel gob and Shearer?
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:19 am

Mase wrote:SkySportsNews - they've just compared Sturridge's stats with Sterling's for yesterday's game. Why? I fuckin hate England! Get behind your own players ffs! It's why you'll never win anything!

Why Sturridge's? Why not Vardy's?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Blue In Bolton » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:58 am

gillie wrote:The media and so called expert pundits are going to destroy an exceptional talent imo . Now either Luis Suarez is the best player in the world or Raheem is very good because along side Suarez everyone raved about the lad,lets see what Pep can get out of him before judging him too harshly or we are just like the media morons. In fact the worst England player so far in the tournament has been Harry Kane and where is the criticism of him from Camel gob and Shearer?

I would have to add Delle Alli to that list as during this tournament he traps a ball as far as I can kick it. He is currently making it his mission to bring back recurring nightmares to me about Carlton Palmer playing in England's midfield!
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:18 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:SkySportsNews - they've just compared Sturridge's stats with Sterling's for yesterday's game. Why? I fuckin hate England! Get behind your own players ffs! It's why you'll never win anything!

aside from scoring, did vardy touch the ball when he came on?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:39 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

aside from scoring, did vardy touch the ball when he came on?

According to Whoscored he touched the ball 7 times, 5 passes of which 2 were successful
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby city72 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:01 am

Poor lad is getting some stick, a just giving webpage started wanting £200 to bring raheem home.
My Geordie mates giving it large about he's took townsends place blahblah bullshit.
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:43 am

city72 wrote:Poor lad is getting some stick, a just giving webpage started wanting £200 to bring raheem home.
My Geordie mates giving it large about he's took townsends place blahblah bullshit.

Is that the Championship player Townsend?
Wonderwall

Postby MUS » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:53 am

It's funny how it's been conveniently forgotten that Sturridge left City for the very same reason that Sterling left Liverpool.
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:57 am

Genuinely feel really really sad for Raheem...i can't recall a player getting this slaughtered socially and emotionally, and in often racist as fuck ways...just for being more ambitious and wanting a better team.

Would he be treated this way had he gone to Chelsea or Madrid? I doubt it. In fact not even had he gone to the Rags would he be getting constantly skewered. His social media feeds are quite sad actually.

I think he needs to fuck off the outside world, and hunker down to prove all the doubters wrong. He's basically still a kid....lots of time to come good. This season will be critical in his development, and i think Pep can get a lot out of him. Future's bright for Raheem if he can keep his head out of the bolloxy world of social media and pundit criticism. Fuck the world...do your thing, son.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:09 pm

I've never seen the media do a bigger number on a kid. It's absolutely shameful.

As for your scouse tool Gillie. 44m was the fee paid. 9m went to QPR.

35m was spent on Benteke.

They swapped Sterling for Benteke.

That should sort that out, it normally works for me.
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:12 pm

Original Dub wrote:I've never seen the media do a bigger number on a kid. It's absolutely shameful.

£32.5M for Benteke.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:13 pm

Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I've never seen the media do a bigger number on a kid. It's absolutely shameful.

£32.5M for Benteke.

They used the change for milners signing on fee.
Wonderwall

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:25 pm

My name isn't Gillie!! ;)
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby city72 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:39 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
city72 wrote:Poor lad is getting some stick, a just giving webpage started wanting £200 to bring raheem home.

Is that the Championship player Townsend?

Exactly what I've told the fkers not good enough to start for Spurs the helps newcastle get relegated Townsend
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:23 pm

Quit your hair splitting antoinette!

Yeah, sorry Mase. They basically swapped sterling for benteke. Sterling has outperformed him in every department.

In fact, I think he has similar or better stats to the greatest of all time. Martial.

Could be wrong.

But that's your scouse problem sorted
Original Dub

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:23 pm

I agree with the consensus however the reality is that he is performing very poorly at the moment.

A break would probably do him good.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum