Radio Raheem

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Radio Raheem

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:23 pm

He's missing Dave, that's all.

In preseason and the first few games he built up a great understanding with Silva, with the latter directing him. Without Silva there he seems a bit lost.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:28 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:He's missing Dave, that's all.

In preseason and the first few games he built up a great understanding with Silva, with the latter directing him. Without Silva there he seems a bit lost.

Once KDB settled I think they'll make a excellent partnership also. It's just a matter of time.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:31 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Once KDB settled I think they'll make a excellent partnership also. It's just a matter of time.

Yep, I agree. This is why so many were frustrated with how long it took to sign KDB, these understandings between players should ideally be worked out in preseason.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:35 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Yep, I agree. This is why so many were frustrated with how long it took to sign KDB, these understandings between players should ideally be worked out in preseason.

We now know that Kevin had made the decision to join us back in February when we' approached his agent, it was just Wolfsburg playing hardball for those final few pesos.

Twats!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PrezIke » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:10 am

I think he's carrying the effects of pulling up in the warm up two weeks ago.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:32 am

he's clearly tired
send him to jamaica for a few days and he'll come back on fire
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:57 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:he's clearly tired
send him to jamaica for a few days and he'll come back on fire

not as funny as most of your stuff. 4/10.

The Jesus Navas of comedy.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:26 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

I know a lot of people are critical of his last couple of games. Against West Ham, I would not have taken him off, though.
I actually thought we were starting to see himself and KDB getting things going down the left.
We were carving them open on the right wing all second half but with no end product, then we started to do the same on the left and I thought this was where the break through would come, but he then took Sterling off and Iheanacho when he came on was pushed out left.

I thought it was a waste of Nacho and also removed the left wing threat.
I don't think Kun should have been on the park in the first place. It would have meant a straight swap Bony for Nacho was possible and who knows.
Being fed from both sides I would have put money on Nacho scoring again.

Anyway. I have high hopes for Sterling/KDB or Sterling/Silva being a very effective combination. And I wasn't particularly in favour of buying Sterling in the first place. I'm impressed by the balance his inclusion has brought to the team.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:47 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I know a lot of people are critical of his last couple of games. Against West Ham, I would not have taken him off, though.
I actually thought we were starting to see himself and KDB getting things going down the left.
We were carving them open on the right wing all second half but with no end product, then we started to do the same on the left and I thought this was where the break through would come, but he then took Sterling off and Iheanacho when he came on was pushed out left.

I thought it was a waste of Nacho and also removed the left wing threat.
I don't think Kun should have been on the park in the first place. It would have meant a straight swap Bony for Nacho was possible and who knows.
Being fed from both sides I would have put money on Nacho scoring again.

Anyway. I have high hopes for Sterling/KDB or Sterling/Silva being a very effective combination. And I wasn't particularly in favour of buying Sterling in the first place. I'm impressed by the balance his inclusion has brought to the team.

Agree, I think Pellegrini fucked up there, like you say he had just started to look dangerous when he was hooked.

That balance you refer to was key in our opening fixtures and it's that which I was referring to when I said Sterling seemed to be taking direction from Silva. His positional play was a bit off on Saturday.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:09 pm

Still not convinced at all. People said he had technical ability, haven't seen that so far. Struggles to control and trap a ball more often than not. Just looks like another speed merchant to me
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Still not convinced at all. People said he had technical ability, haven't seen that so far. Struggles to control and trap a ball more often than not. Just looks like another speed merchant to me

Sadly. I am also very disappointed. £50m looks like the scousers got away with the perfect crime.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Tru_Blu » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:53 pm

Just like in many cases before, the thing to never forget in your master equation is Time. Fern1, Fern2, Deme, Sagna, Mangala all have been criticized and judge to early, only for 90% of the same to start praising them once they have found their feet. Give the BOY and the team time to gel people.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:09 pm

Tru_Blu wrote:Just like in many cases before, the thing to never forget in your master equation is Time. Fern1, Fern2, Deme, Sagna, Mangala all have been criticized and judge to early, only for 90% of the same to start praising them once they have found their feet. Give the BOY and the team time to gel people.

Absolutely. But please remove Mangala.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:20 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Tru_Blu wrote:Just like in many cases before, the thing to never forget in your master equation is Time. Fern1, Fern2, Deme, Sagna, Mangala all have been criticized and judge to early, only for 90% of the same to start praising them once they have found their feet. Give the BOY and the team time to gel people.

Absolutely. But please remove Mangala.

I'm not 100% convinced by Manga but he was a rock at the end of last season partnering Demi and the beginning of this season partnering Vinnie.

He's prone to the odd lapse even when he's performing well generally which is why I say I'm not 100% BUT he has had just one poor performance this season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:24 pm

Sterling hasn't been too bad and will get better.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Lets not forget the lad is not yet 21. He is doing ok for my money. Not brilliant, but well enough to see what he can achieve in years to come
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:48 pm

Add Suarez, who is never injured and Raheem and Sergio would be would be like Barca, on another another level. We are a world class striker light, with Sergio so brittle . The oyjer thing you get with the likes of Suarez is your weakness is hardly ever exposed as you have the oppos terrified.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:43 pm

I think he's by far the best 20 year old in the league and possibly in Europe.

Delighted so far, because I didn't expect anything more just yet.

The scousers are fucking morons. They are the ones who got robbed. They swapped Sterling for Benteke.
They are also morons for thinking that one game has changed anything and I'm going to enjoy making sure they are reminded of that every time we strive towards another trophy and every time this "waste of money" contributes to same.
Original Dub

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:26 pm

I know he's young but it's his basic technique that worries me. That's not something you can teach someone too much, young talented players usually lack tactical nous etc
Fidel Castro

Postby Original Dub » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:I know he's young but it's his basic technique that worries me. That's not something you can teach someone too much, young talented players usually lack tactical nous etc

But mate who is better in Europe at 20 years old?
There might be a few who run him close, but certainly not many.

This notion that we were robbed for someone with as much promise as he has is nothing but scouse based media bullshit.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum