MotM v West Ham

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who's yours?

Hart
No votes
Sagna
No votes
Otamendi
5%
Magala
No votes
Kolarov
2%
Fernandinho
14%
Toure
3%
Navas
No votes
De Bruyne
77%
Sterling
No votes
Aguero
No votes
Demuchelis
No votes
Bony
No votes
Nacho
No votes

Total votes : 65

Re: MotM v West Ham

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:54 pm

Mase wrote:
He was definitely at fault for both goals......if you are blind and/or have an agenda.

Serious questions. If letting Moses run into a lorry-sized hole at the edge of the box and later chesting it out for a corner when you have four yards of space to take it down and play it aren't the work of a rabid cunt then what would you constitute that behavior as?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:04 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mase wrote:
He was definitely at fault for both goals......if you are blind and/or have an agenda.

Serious questions. If letting Moses run into a lorry-sized hole at the edge of the box and later chesting it out for a corner when you have four yards of space to take it down and play it aren't the work of a rabid cunt then what would you constitute that behavior as?

Cheers

As poor as Kolarov was on Saturday it's a bit harsh to pin their opener on him. First up what was Little Fern doing chasing a player into their half? Why didn't Yaya make more of an effort to fill the space Little Fern vacated? Should Kolarov leave his position with their full back sprinting down his side ( albeit with Sterling in pursuit )? Should Mangala have done better to close it down? And finally should Hart have got there?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:15 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Mase wrote:

Cheers

As poor as Kolarov was on Saturday it's a bit harsh to pin their opener on him. First up what was Little Fern doing chasing a player into their half? Why didn't Yaya make more of an effort to fill the space Little Fern vacated? Should Kolarov leave his position with their full back sprinting down his side ( albeit with Sterling in pursuit )? Should Mangala have done better to close it down? And finally should Hart have got there?

Yaya could have tracked Moses better but he decided to jog instead. Mang could have closed him down quicker and by the time he did go over to him it was too late. Hart would probably get down quicker and react to that shot 9 times out of 10.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:21 pm

I noticed that Manny seemed to be following Otamendi across like a sheep and completely failed to notice the runner inside. Once the ball came in it was too late.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:00 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I noticed that Manny seemed to be following Otamendi across like a sheep and completely failed to notice the runner inside. Once the ball came in it was too late.

My brother mentioned about how close Mangala wants to stick to the Otter when they're playing together. He pointed out that at one point they were that close they looked like they were linking arms together from Level 3!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:22 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I noticed that Manny seemed to be following Otamendi across like a sheep and completely failed to notice the runner inside. Once the ball came in it was too late.

My brother mentioned about how close Mangala wants to stick to the Otter when they're playing together. He pointed out that at one point they were that close they looked like they were linking arms together from Level 3!

No wonder we conceded, if they were sat in level 3 ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:41 pm

Mangala should have done much better to close down Moses. On the second goal Kolarov criminally allowed his man the space to get a run on him. True Fernadinho miscontrolled a difficult ball at the far post but once you allow the ball to be deflected across the box you're in the lap of the gods.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:33 pm

blues2win wrote:Mangala should have done much better to close down Moses. On the second goal Kolarov criminally allowed his man the space to get a run on him. True Fernadinho miscontrolled a difficult ball at the far post but once you allow the ball to be deflected across the box you're in the lap of the gods.

The corner kick that led to the West Ham 2nd goal, was yet another mistake by the incompetent ref and linesmen! Kolarov actually got to the ball in time and prevented it from completely crossing over the line. The closeup highlights showed different angles of the ball, not completely rolling out of bounds.

So, West Ham should never have been awarded that corner to score from, which changed the match from a possible draw, to a loss.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:43 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
blues2win wrote:Mangala should have done much better to close down Moses. On the second goal Kolarov criminally allowed his man the space to get a run on him. True Fernadinho miscontrolled a difficult ball at the far post but once you allow the ball to be deflected across the box you're in the lap of the gods.

The corner kick that led to the West Ham 2nd goal, was yet another mistake by the incompetent ref and linesmen! Kolarov actually got to the ball in time and prevented it from completely crossing over the line. The closeup highlights showed different angles of the ball, not completely rolling out of bounds.

So, West Ham should never have been awarded that corner to score from, which changed the match from a possible draw, to a loss.

I'm sure we were all used to the City factor in the media by now.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:06 pm

Beefymcfc wrote: I'm sure we were all used to the City factor in the media by now.

Unfortunately, due to all the media hoopla surrounding the Chelsea vs Arsenal match and Martial United, our match was barely given any attention from the media!

David Gold complimented the City fans, for being so gracious in defeat...
Yes, I'm very gracious... Nevertheless, you better not let me anywhere near that Wanker from Wakefield, Robert Madley!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum