Are united out of it?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Are united out of it?

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:08 pm

The rags are a threat, the Derby will be massive for us too put them in the picture. They are on the right track though the new forwards look good to my rag brother, despite Rooney looking like a spare part at present, if he starts they could have goals in them.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby branny » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:29 pm

nottsblue wrote:Next weekend they have Sunderland at home after we have been to spuds. Not inconceivable they might be top. Hideous thought

They'll be found out in October. Arsenal, Everton and Palace all away as well as the derby and their run of good fortune has to end eventually. We're 6 games in and so far they've had the benefit of an own goal, a deflection, a needlessly conceded penalty, an offside goal and a gift-wrapped second. I'm expecting the gap to be bigger than 2 points by Halloween.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:07 pm

branny wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Next weekend they have Sunderland at home after we have been to spuds. Not inconceivable they might be top. Hideous thought

They'll be found out in October. Arsenal, Everton and Palace all away as well as the derby and their run of good fortune has to end eventually. We're 6 games in and so far they've had the benefit of an own goal, a deflection, a needlessly conceded penalty, an offside goal and a gift-wrapped second. I'm expecting the gap to be bigger than 2 points by Halloween.

The Rags will be afforded every possible means to ensure 'competitiveness' .
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zabbadabbado » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:09 am

Big "BIG" couple of weeks coming up for us.

2 defeats on the bounce." Yes" Juventus was a hard luck story, we should have won that game. However that defeat was quickly followed by one of those schizophrenic performances that we have became accustomed to, the season after our title wins. Those first 30 minutes started the alarm bells ringing "yet" again. I thought we had seen the back of those unprofessional half arsed performances, where we capitulate for 30 + minutes and spend the rest of the game trying to recover. Cityitis appears to still be very much alive.

Normally we would play the second string tomorrow at Sunderland. But can we now really risk 2 defeats, quickly becoming 3 defeats, followed by Spurs away, and a must win Champions League game in Germany. thus turning a mini blip in to a full blown crisis.

I don't see RAGS as a major threat. We are our own worst enemy. If they win the league it will be because we have under achieved with the best side in the league, That is a fact.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:05 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Were they ever in it?
They are already five behind us, have some tough fixtures coming and look in danger of losing any game, any time. They are woefully short of a striker and look like goals will be tough to come by. They lack the creativity and guile to break down teams week after week as you have to if you have title aspirations. They've spent a lot of money, but on second/third tier type players. In short, they are a bit shit.

On the flip side, they last time they won the League, they were pretty damn average and scrawped a lot of one nils and two ones. . . And they have just bought the finest future talent in global football.
So, are they in it? Or not?

Just thought I'd quote this so we can all blame you for the results this weekend. Care to predict the derby result?

I merely asked the question in the spirit of the "are Cheslea out of it" thread.
I saw bits and bobs of their game yesterday and it looked remarkably similar to last year's efforts. Utter dog shit and robbery with violence that they somehow won.
I stand by all my points in the original post.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:10 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Were they ever in it?
They are already five behind us, have some tough fixtures coming and look in danger of losing any game, any time. They are woefully short of a striker and look like goals will be tough to come by. They lack the creativity and guile to break down teams week after week as you have to if you have title aspirations. They've spent a lot of money, but on second/third tier type players. In short, they are a bit shit.

On the flip side, they last time they won the League, they were pretty damn average and scrawped a lot of one nils and two ones. . . And they have just bought the finest future talent in global football.
So, are they in it? Or not?

Just thought I'd quote this so we can all blame you for the results this weekend. Care to predict the derby result?

I merely asked the question in the spirit of the "are Cheslea out of it" thread.
I saw bits and bobs of their game yesterday and it looked remarkably similar to last year's efforts. Utter dog shit and robbery with violence that they somehow won.
I stand by all my points in the original post.

i echo them. They are fucking shite. But as is typical with these fuckers, Points is Points. And they're collecting them.

I watched a replay of their match yesterday (today?) i dunno what day it is....and to me Van Ghoul is as delusional as Permatan across the way at Scouse Filth. All this talk of philosophy and mentality is safe harbor in a storm for these cunts. They get one result and then get back on the podium accepting accolades. Meanwhile, at City, we've got an actual philosophy and do it, win lose or draw, sometimes to our detriment, but we don't need to wave a fucking flag about it like it's something so special and unique. The infrastructure we have and investment is the special thing. Some other cunt could come in here and set up shop differently by convincing someone of some bullshit. I'd prefer our manager to just shut the fuck up, like the Count, and let us judge by the style, the results and the effort. In that order.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:48 am

the way the tabloids are going over the rags win is like they have won something other than three points. Apparently mata's going was the thing legends write about, when it looks just like a simple strike after hitting the post.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby gillie » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:34 am

MilnersJaw wrote:the way the tabloids are going over the rags win is like they have won something other than three points. Apparently mata's going was the thing legends write about, when it looks just like a simple strike after hitting the post.

Mata's goal came after a 45 pass move in which no Saints player touched the ball I know this because SSN can't stop fuckin showing it but in reality Saints should have had the game won by halftime only poor finishing cost them.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:38 am

gillie wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:the way the tabloids are going over the rags win is like they have won something other than three points. Apparently mata's going was the thing legends write about, when it looks just like a simple strike after hitting the post.

Mata's goal came after a 45 pass move in which no Saints player touched the ball I know this because SSN can't stop fuckin showing it but in reality Saints should have had the game won by halftime only poor finishing cost them.

The scum are effluent or efficient. We should have been 2/3 up n the last Derby, we also should have had 3 v Juve, before they even dared to have a go. Ass that to the 8 on Saturday.We need a ruthless streak to end games as a contest. Lightning striking twice in a week, was self inflicted in a lot of ways.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:12 pm

Chelsea, rags or arsenal are NOT out of it.
Newcastle are out of it though.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:15 pm

We're 6 games in folks and from my pov near enough every team is still in it.

I think all the hype around the Rags is putting people at unease, making them worry so early on. Give it until Christmas, after the squads are tested, and then revisit.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum