FIFA scandal grows

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

FIFA scandal grows

Postby blues2win » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:38 pm

Jerome Valcke, Secretary General of FIFA, has been suspended from all his duties and placed on leave with immediate effect. The US Attorney General had threatened further indictments. Is he a new American target? The waters are lapping close to his boss.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: FIFA scandal grows

Postby blues2win » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:48 pm

Story concerns allegations he personally profited from World Cup ticket sales well above face value.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:39 pm

It's Blatter they are after but he's like Teflon, it just never sticks. Blatter isnt daft, he allowed it to happen but never crossed that bridge of skimming like the rest. However, we all could hazard a guess that he was complicit and was well aware of what went on, personally signing off favours for his delegates.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:It's Blatter they are after but he's like Teflon, it just never sticks. Blatter isnt daft, he allowed it to happen but never crossed that bridge of skimming like the rest. However, we all could hazard a guess that he was complicit and was well aware of what went on, personally signing off favours for his delegates.

It looks like they are getting ever closer to Blatter though Beefy , his empire is crumbling and some top brass at Fifa are either gone or under arrest . Hope they nail the cunt eventually !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:24 pm

It's really an amazingly embarrassing story the likes of which international sport has never seen. A system, /allegedly/, of systemic corruption and backhanders that existed for as long as anyone supposed it probably did.

It's as if the largest waste management firm was being taken apart for having mob affiliations.

Ultimately the end game will be better for football but this hangover will last for the better part of 5 years I'm guessing.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:17 am

Can someone put the Americans onto UEFA next? We need all the 'official' ticket touts taking out in one go. Fucling scum the lot of them.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:30 am

Ticketing contracts for the WC in South Africa were awarded to a Company in Luzern. Uncontested. The owner of the Company is a relative of Bladder.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:28 am

Beefymcfc wrote:It's Blatter they are after but he's like Teflon, it just never sticks. Blatter isnt daft, he allowed it to happen but never crossed that bridge of skimming like the rest. However, we all could hazard a guess that he was complicit and was well aware of what went on, personally signing off favours for his delegates.

There's long been evidence that he is very much on the skim, with an unlimited expense account for a start, his whole lifestyle is covered by FIFA. But as zuricity says, there are a lot of deals that he had a hand in that has benefitted individuals very close to him, and it's unthinkable that none of that sloshed back to him eventually given that his estimated personal wealth in property and other assets could not possibly have accumulated through his FIFA salary
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:27 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

There's long been evidence that he is very much on the skim, with an unlimited expense account for a start, his whole lifestyle is covered by FIFA. But as zuricity says, there are a lot of deals that he had a hand in that has benefitted individuals very close to him, and it's unthinkable that none of that sloshed back to him eventually given that his estimated personal wealth in property and other assets could not possibly have accumulated through his FIFA salary

Oh, I don't disagree mate and as has been shown by the various TV deals signed off it's hard for anybody to deny there is lots going on behind the scenes. Like I said though, Blatter knows exactly how this works and would steer clear of any out-and-out backhanders, instead using his powers to gain favours.

Having an unlimited expense account is nothing as he'll be able to explain the use of a private jet/yacht as official business. And so-on, and so-on ......
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:31 pm

swiss authorities have begun a criminal investigation against sepp

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34363289
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:57 pm

Just for good measure

Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:07 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:swiss authorities have begun a criminal investigation against sepp

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34363289

They are going after Platini as well.

The office of the Swiss attorney general has opened criminal proceedings against Blatter, and they are giving examples of his misdeeds.

Involved in the wrongdoing are Jack Warner, the Caribbean Football Union president who had a comically-indignant summer, and Michel Platini, the head of UEFA.

From the Swiss attorney general’s office:

Swiss criminal proceedings against the President of FIFA, Mr. Joseph Blatter, have been opened on 24 September 2015 on suspicion of criminal mismanagement (Article 158 Swiss Criminal Code / SCC) and – alternatively – misappropriation (Article 138 Swiss Criminal Code / SCC).

On the one hand, the OAG suspects that on 12 September 2005 Mr. Joseph Blatter has signed a contract with the Caribbean Football Union (with Jack Warner as the President at this time); this contract was unfavorable for FIFA. On the other hand, there is as suspicion that, in the implementation of this agreement, Joseph Blatter also violated his fiduciary duties and acted against the interest of FIFA and/or FIFA Marketing & TV AG.

Additionally, Mr. Joseph Blatter is suspected of a disloyal payment of CHF 2 Mio. to Michel Platini, President of Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), at the expense of FIFA, which was allegedly made for work performed between January 1999 and June 2002 ; this payment was executed in February 2011.

Widespread? That’s Europe and the Caribbean, and we haven’t even touched the Middle East and Africa. This is going to get nasty. If Blatter really was about protecting FIFA, it would’ve never gotten this far.

More to come…

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2015/09/25/ ... -fu-named/
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:24 pm

Ho ho ho. Merry Christmas.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:21 pm

My considered opinion is:

String the cunts up. Platini, Blatter and Valcke
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:23 pm

Love it! And the thought that Platini is indicated makes even more glorious.

I just wonder if, with this new evidence, that they will look into who voted for the Russia/Qatar WCs and if there was any concerns of wrong doing. Qatar led interest in French football? France building Russian warships?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:33 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Love it! And the thought that Platini is indicated makes even more glorious.

I just wonder if, with this new evidence, that they will look into who voted for the Russia/Qatar WCs and if there was any concerns of wrong doing. Qatar led interest in French football? France building Russian warships?

Russia having warships built in the west is highly unusual. And now of course they've just been sold to Egypt. Not much fuss about that at all so maybe Russia didn't really want them in the first place?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:41 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Love it! And the thought that Platini is indicated makes even more glorious.

Russia having warships built in the west is highly unusual. And now of course they've just been sold to Egypt. Not much fuss about that at all so maybe Russia didn't really want them in the first place?

It is very odd but apparently the French are good at building warships, even though historically they end up at the bottom of the sea or turn and flee if there's any sign of trouble.

I think the initial talks for the works were around the time of the WC bid with contracts swapped approx 1 year later. Then we had all the talk of Sarkozy meeting with the Qatari's with Platini, behind closed doors, and putting pressure on the French delegation to vote for Qatar.

It's getting all political now and you can see the USA putting pressure on the French to not deliver the carriers, and furthermore, put pressure on them to 'fes up with regard to their part in the WC voting process.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:28 pm

I will love it just love it if Platini loses the race for FIFA President over all this.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:38 pm

blues2win wrote:I will love it just love it if Platini loses the race for FIFA President over all this.

I'd love it if he got put inside never to return the corrupt wanker!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:43 pm

blues2win wrote:I will love it just love it if Platini loses the race for FIFA President over all this.

The Fat Slug Muncher will lose more than a chance of getting the FIFA job, he'll lose his current one.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum