Just Maybe...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Just Maybe...

Postby Herb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:10 am

Mase wrote:
phips wrote:well played Walmai. that defense was unbelievable in the second half.

So was our finishing!

You were 2 up after only 2 attempts on target that would both have been saved by your keeper - not great finishing just shit keeping was the issue.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:29 am

Herb wrote:
Mase wrote:
phips wrote:well played Walmai. that defense was unbelievable in the second half.

So was our finishing!

You were 2 up after only 2 attempts on target that would both have been saved by your keeper - not great finishing just shit keeping was the issue.

Moses shot was more difficult to save than KDB's but for both the keepers should've done better. The fact that you think there's something wrong with the keeping for their second goal just shows you for the twat you are.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:32 am

Herb wrote:
Mase wrote:

So was our finishing!

Ridiculous post but expected when I saw who posted it . Has Joe hart fucked your daughter by anychance herb ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:40 am

Hart was poor on the first goal, but I thought KDB's effort was soft too
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:55 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Hart was poor on the first goal, but I thought KDB's effort was soft too

Very true. But Adrian certainly made up for it second half.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby walmai » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:08 am

It was my sister's 50th yesterday and I was at the party with only me phone for score-checking possibilities. Its a bit selfish for her to have not sorted out Sky for the blokes who attended, but, that's another issue.

Anyway, having dragged meself out of bed for 0730 this morning, I have to of course concede that we rode our luck in the second half yesterday. Adrian came back into the team and it could have gone all a bit Pete from the very start, what with his punch up in the air early on, but he grew into the game and stood shoulder to shoulder with the rest of our defence. That was truly one of Winston Reid's finest performances for us, since we bought him over 4 years back. He was partnered by a replacement, too, given that Ogbonna got injured on Monday. Reports say that De Bruyne ran Cresswell ragged and I don't doubt that. One of my early posts on this thread suggested that our FB's were our achilles heel, but they just about held on.

Looking at the goals that were scored, on an ideal day, for both of them, our first and your goal would have been saved by the respective keepers. They were great strikes, no doubt, but hit from the kind of distance you'd expect top class keepers (and Hart is obviously one of those, even if you might raise an eyebrow or two about my so labeling Adrian) to at least get a hand to them. The one thing that I would say, because I am patting my own back by half-predicting it, about ours is that perhaps Hart would have expected his defence to get closer to Moses before he struck the ball. He took more than one touch iirc.

Our second was well-worked, but also perhaps arose out of the fact that your CB's possibly dozed off for that fateful half-second, as the ball went across the area.

After that, of course, it was The Alamo at The Etihad. We have to expect that. Sometimes, of course, the resilience of the defenders can see off the accuracy, pace and technique of an incredible cast of attackers and we just about did that. I doubt very much that such problems will surface repeatedly in your season even if I do venture to suggest - perhaps in a whisper - that Sterling (to me at least) is in fact not the standard of player that your team actually achieves without him. Sure, he's got pace to burn, but....he needs more to stay in your team, maybe?

So, all in all, two records evaporated yesterday - cos you lost and we conceded. And we aint gonna stay second forever, that's perhaps a given. I hear the complaint about time-wasting and know that any old excuse about 'everyone doing it these days' will cut little ice in Manchester today. Fair dues to Nobes, though, he dragged up Jenkinson, when he lay on the floor, and told him to get treated off the pitch if he was hurt.

I'll be keeping a careful eye on your CL exploits and, whenever you're not playing us (the return match is of course your last ever visit to the Boleyn, so enjoy it), hope that you do well.

Onto Vi-ic-to-ry!
Altogether now
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby phips » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:24 pm

classy
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:28 pm

walmai wrote:... Fair dues to Nobes, though, he dragged up Jenkinson, when he lay on the floor, and told him to get treated off the pitch if he was hurt...

I saw that too.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:31 pm

Dameerto wrote:
walmai wrote:... Fair dues to Nobes, though, he dragged up Jenkinson, when he lay on the floor, and told him to get treated off the pitch if he was hurt...

I saw that too.

The cynic in me thinks it was more of a "Get up! You milked this as much as possible already - if the medics come onto the pitch, the ref will feel forced to add on some injury time."
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:29 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

I saw that too.

The cynic in me thinks it was more of a "Get up! You milked this as much as possible already - if the medics come onto the pitch, the ref will feel forced to add on some injury time."

Me too. I didn't see him telling anyone else to stop it when it was a free kick, throw in or goal kick.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:49 am

Wonderwall wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

I saw that too.

Me too. I didn't see him telling anyone else to stop it when it was a free kick, throw in or goal kick.

I didn't see a great deal of sportsmanship when he took Fernandinho out in the first half and got no yellow card for it.

"Aw, come on ref, I should definitely get a yellow for that! Kolarov will get one for something in a similar position but far less dangerous!"

To be fair this is more a criticism of the ref than of Noble, who I quite like as a player and I thought had a decent game defensively.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:15 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

I saw that too.

I didn't see a great deal of sportsmanship when he took Fernandinho out in the first half and got no yellow card for it.

"Aw, come on ref, I should definitely get a yellow for that! Kolarov will get one for something in a similar position but far less dangerous!"

To be fair this is more a criticism of the ref than of Noble, who I quite like as a player and I thought had a decent game defensively.

it was a shit game from the ref, but no excuses. That battering that the Hammers took in the second half was incredible. What a resolute team effort. Everyone fighting for their life and a deserved win. Good for them. It's why they play the game.

That Winston Reid fucker is just fantastic. That's how Vinnie was when we were just getting good. Always in the way. We should have backed up the Brinks truck to London instead of Europe when looking for young CBs, but i hope he stays there for a long while and finds a solid partner.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:53 am

On telly it definitely looked like he told him to get up and stop being a prick.

Asking why any footballer doesn't admit every foul, give back corners etc is stupid.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:01 am

I blame Nasri.

Congrats Walmai.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia