Just Maybe...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Just Maybe...

Postby LoveCityHateUtd » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:40 am

City64 wrote:
walmai wrote:
City64 wrote:I think it will be a good game if West Ham press upfield . not many teams try that at the Etihad ! Could be suicidal for them with our power , technical ability and pace ............. we will see ! Aguero is due a goal or two and can see De Bruyne starting with Sterling and Silva , yepp looking forward to it lol .
West Ham are a great club with proper fans , glad they have something to cheer and feel happy about this season and proper football to watch every week :-)

So, is it De Bruyne, with Sterling and Silva either side of him, Aguero ahead?

Ouch.

If I was the manager yes ...........

but I aint ! lol

Really hope not, play Silva in the middle or rest him. De Bruyne has alot more speed and is a better dribbler than Silva and should be in the starting 11 (when everyones fit) as a wide player, him and Sterling can switch sides during the match. Happy for De Bruyne to start in the middle if Silva is rested.
LoveCityHateUtd
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooooooooooo

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:54 am

Will you/hammers plan to boo Sterling and if yes; why on earth would you do that?
I REALLY hope Hammers are above that nonsense.

Always a pleasure when you're around. Should be a good game and one that I am very much looking forward to!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:33 pm

Walmai I heard a Hammers fan on Talksport a couple of weeks ago who seemed to know what he was talking about. Explaining the strange conflicting results he said they were very vulnerable to attacks down the flanks, but teams that try to play down the middle, IE Arsenal, Newcastle were put to the sword.

In theory Navas and Sterling should cause problems on that basis?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby sheblue » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:48 pm

There's a goal in this game for west ham. Vinny out and whoever comes in MDM or Ota they will be a bit rusty. I would guess MP will put MDM in. Still, we have more but it will not be easy.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:14 pm

LoveCityHateUtd wrote:
City64 wrote:
walmai wrote:
City64 wrote:I think it will be a good game if West Ham press upfield . not many teams try that at the Etihad ! Could be suicidal for them with our power , technical ability and pace ............. we will see ! Aguero is due a goal or two and can see De Bruyne starting with Sterling and Silva , yepp looking forward to it lol .
West Ham are a great club with proper fans , glad they have something to cheer and feel happy about this season and proper football to watch every week :-)

Ouch.

but I aint ! lol

Really hope not, play Silva in the middle or rest him. De Bruyne has alot more speed and is a better dribbler than Silva and should be in the starting 11 (when everyones fit) as a wide player, him and Sterling can switch sides during the match. Happy for De Bruyne to start in the middle if Silva is rested.

Sterling left side in his usual role , Silva down the middle or anywhere in his usual role and De Bruyne on the right ....... Sergio upfront , Yaya and Fern1 sat in behind the lot of em , comprendi !
Oh and Kolarov and Sagna tearing up and down the left and right flanks all day aswell ! Bing bong .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:56 pm

City64 wrote:
LoveCityHateUtd wrote:
City64 wrote:
walmai wrote:

Ouch.

but I aint ! lol

Sterling left side in his usual role , Silva down the middle or anywhere in his usual role and De Bruyne on the right ....... Sergio upfront , Yaya and Fern1 sat in behind the lot of em , comprendi !
Oh and Kolarov and Sagna tearing up and down the left and right flanks all day aswell ! Bing bong .

sounds good to me. I'll sign up for that.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:07 pm

City64 wrote:
LoveCityHateUtd wrote:
City64 wrote:
walmai wrote:

Ouch.

but I aint ! lol

New signing? Where does he play?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:Will you/hammers plan to boo Sterling and if yes; why on earth would you do that?
I REALLY hope Hammers are above that nonsense.

Always a pleasure when you're around. Should be a good game and one that I am very much looking forward to!

I'd love to know the answer to that question too.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby walmai » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:55 pm

He didn't get any boos when I last saw him play us (at The Boleyn, for Liverpool).

His leaving for your lot only serves to make deride Liverpool.

I hadn't realised De Bruyne played wide(r) in midfield.

Its Aguero our team will respect/fear the most. Surely one of the most effective strikers of his generation.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Original Dub » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:07 pm

walmai wrote:He didn't get any boos when I last saw him play us (at The Boleyn, for Liverpool).

His leaving for your lot only serves to make deride Liverpool.

I hadn't realised De Bruyne played wide(r) in midfield.

Its Aguero our team will respect/fear the most. Surely one of the most effective strikers of his generation.

It's silva who should always be feared most.

The silent assassin
Original Dub

Postby walmai » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:09 pm

Yeah - he's another one!

Our (away) clean sheet record is in more danger than yours!
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ruralblue » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:41 pm

Well in Walmai, we didt turn up firat half and no one can fault Moses shot at all.

27 shots and 78% possession, so must have been a difficult second half for you to watch. Fair play to Hammers though some great defending.

Enjoy your night.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:45 pm

ruralblue wrote:Well in Walmai, we didt turn up firat half and no one can fault Moses shot at all.

27 shots and 78% possession, so must have been a difficult second half for you to watch. Fair play to Hammers though some great defending.

Enjoy your night.

I'll second that. I won't pretend that doesn't hurt but West Ham defended really well. It's points well earned.
We'll bounce back.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:46 pm

Walmai - can you ask winston if we can have Aguero back for mid week please?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:59 pm

well played Walmai. that defense was unbelievable in the second half.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:04 pm

Backs to the wall defending buy it was never going to be our day. Every rebound and 2nd ball fell kindly for them. One of those days to chalk off and take it out on Sunderland.

I hated the shitty time wasting. Too. From the first 5 mins Adrian did it. How there wasn't 7 mins added on I don't know.

I was too far away to tell I'd they were penalties or not. But the ref was wanker too.

Apart from that it was a good game from the hammers.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:45 pm

phips wrote:well played Walmai. that defense was unbelievable in the second half.

So was our finishing!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:46 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Backs to the wall defending buy it was never going to be our day. Every rebound and 2nd ball fell kindly for them. One of those days to chalk off and take it out on Sunderland.

I hated the shitty time wasting. Too. From the first 5 mins Adrian did it. How there wasn't 7 mins added on I don't know.

I was too far away to tell I'd they were penalties or not. But the ref was wanker too.

Apart from that it was a good game from the hammers.

The ref didn't do anything to stop them time-wasting. And let Noble off with two assaults straight away. He was toss!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby walmai » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hASeiG02q4g

Too pissed to post anything sensible.

Super Slaven Bilic!!
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:05 am

Massacred but you got away with it. One those for both teams.....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum