Aguero

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aguero

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:34 pm

PrezIke wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Massive conspiracy theory...

Kun signs extension to be sold on this summer for a mega fee...

Pep then has the cash to sign a player I suspect he might rather have...Alexis

Effectively swapping Sanchez for Aguero? It wouldn't surprise me with the clowns running our recruitment.

Yes, a swap, effectively, because I could see why Sanchez might do better in the role Aguero is playing under Pep's system, how he can also play out wide, and then use the transfer budget to address other areas of weakness.

Interesting thought Prez.

One additional thought, not necessarily linked to any such 'exchange' transaction, would be with regard to so many players being out of contract at the end of the season and being released accordingly.

We would need several defenders, at the very least and, whilst we might be able to bring in all of our targets, within any transfer budget restraints, our overall squad number strength could be reduced somewhat i.e. we might have good first line quality, but not much left over for rotational requirements.

Surely, in such a scenario, it would be the prime time for some of our youngsters to be drafted in, to "make up the numbers" and I hope the Club would see this as an opportunity to do this.

On the other hand, some of those with expiring contracts might be offered extensions :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:18 pm

We don't need money though. So why get rid of our best striker ever, and the best striker in the premiership at the moment?

I think Serg will be fine. He literally just need to work a bit harder for Pep's system.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:24 pm

Mase wrote:We don't need money though. So why get rid of our best striker ever, and the best striker in the premiership at the moment?

I think Serg will be fine. He literally just need to work a bit harder for Pep's system.

This
the best striker I have ever seen in a Blue a Shirt and I am an old B/stard
Sergio is going nowhere
The guy is a fukin leg end :D
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:38 pm

Mase wrote:We don't need money though. So why get rid of our best striker ever, and the best striker in the premiership at the moment?

We don't "need" money, but we still have to adhere to FFP on some level, and we have a lot of places we need to spend. Yes, we are going to have several contracts off of the books, but we also won't get much in with fees. Look at Chelsea, they are getting money back that they can now use on top of whatever budget they already have set.

I am not giving up on Kun yet either, as I am a huge fan, but he still seems to not quite be fitting in as the season has wore on and it is curious. He was not so great yesterday, and that's happening more often than it used to when he isn't coming back from injury, which has not happened this season. What is this about? Maybe he just does not mesh with Pep despite efforts to work things out.

I don't think he has the same problem with Sanchez, and Alexis would give our attack a bit more flexibility because we have Jesus who can play as a no.9 or out wide as well, so we would more easily be able to play an authentic 433 and constantly switch players/be even more flexible/fluid which I think Pep wants. Sanchez works harder than Kun, so that's also part of the big selling point.

Alexis is 6 months younger than Kun, btw.

We shall see.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:51 pm

Why anyone would want rid of a genuine world class city legend I'll never know. Love him and I'd want him here as long as he wants to stay.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby gmercer1 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:53 pm

I thought he played well yesterday. Worked a lot harder than previous few matches
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby freshie » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:16 pm

I was very impressed by his performance yesterday. Exceptional work rate and team play - only thing missing was a goal. Looks like the dinner with Pep the other night had the desired effect
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:34 pm

My gut feel is that he'll be gone in summer. His chasing yesterday was much more of what we need, but unless he can do that every week and score, Pep will want something else.

I could see him going to Spain or PSG if they'd have him or maybe a mega deal to China before he returns to Argentina. Will be difficult to replace, though
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby bobbyspater » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:17 pm

If he is going, what about a brokering return to Atletico with Grizeman coming this way?
bobbyspater
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: James MIlner

Postby meeesh » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:24 pm

I'm hoping he will be with us for a good while longer yet,then back to Argentina I hope,not to anyone else in Europe,I read they don't like him at Athletico they call him the rat,as to how he left them or somert,fuck them anyway
meeesh
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Dimples » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:51 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:My gut feel is that he'll be gone in summer. His chasing yesterday was much more of what we need, but unless he can do that every week and score, Pep will want something else.

I could see him going to Spain or PSG if they'd have him or maybe a mega deal to China before he returns to Argentina. Will be difficult to replace, though

Same here.
World class player but something feels not quite right with Kun's situation at the moment.
I think injuries have affected him, he has lost a bit of that explosive pace/flexibility over a short distance.
29 this summer so that will become more pronounced sooner rather than later.

IMO Kun will be replaced this summer with a younger model of Pep's choosing.
That makes sense to me.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:55 pm

bobbyspater wrote:If he is going, what about a brokering return to Atletico with Grizeman coming this way?

I've heard that Grizeman is a right arrogant little cunt in the dressing room.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:00 am

Anyone that thinks we'd be able to get rid of Sergio for a massive amount but then buy Sanchez for £30 off million you're mental.

Arsenal or whoever we buy from will see what we've got from whoever for Aguero and demand more.

If we don't get in the champions league this year we don't have to worry about FFP, yes?
Last edited by Mase on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:20 am

Mase wrote:Anyone that thinks we'd be able to get rid of Sergio for a massive amount but then by Sanchez for £30 off million you're mental.

Arsenal or whoever we buy from will see what we've got from whoever for Aguero and demand more.

If we don't get in the champions league this year we don't have to worry about FFP, yes?

Yes, if we're planning on getting in it next season. And there's the domestic version.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:08 pm

Sergio Aguero has now scored 6 Premier League hat-tricks; as many as Wayne Rooney in 278 fewer games.

Sergio Aguero has scored his sixth premier league hat-trick; only Shearer (11), Fowler (9), Owen and Henry (8) have scored more. Lethal.

Sergio Aguero has scored in 8 consecutive away premier league starts, only Robin van Persie (9) has embarked upon a longer run. Streak.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:40 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Sergio Aguero has now scored 6 Premier League hat-tricks; as many as Wayne Rooney in 278 fewer games.

Sergio Aguero has scored his sixth premier league hat-trick; only Shearer (11), Fowler (9), Owen and Henry (8) have scored more. Lethal.

Sergio Aguero has scored in 8 consecutive away premier league starts, only Robin van Persie (9) has embarked upon a longer run. Streak.

He could score another 20 hatricks and still no player or hack will ever vote for him being player of the year .

He's our fucking legend of a player - as long as we all love him and he know sit , fuck the rest .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:43 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

He could score another 20 hatricks and still no player or hack will ever vote for him being player of the year .

He's our fucking legend of a player - as long as we all love him and he know sit , fuck the rest .

+1
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:04 pm

Love the guy.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby The Maine Man » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:25 pm

We'd be mental to let him go. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Let's focus on what needs real improvement and by the time all that is fixed he'll be ready to retire and we bring in the next rising star.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:28 pm

Greatest prem striker. He not done yet...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum