Aguero

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aguero

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:37 pm

I see this as now the press won't be able to do their usual bullshit 'Aguero to Madrid/Barca' story next summer and the one after. Wankers
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wooders » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:04 pm

Mase wrote:I see this as now the press won't be able to do their usual bullshit 'Aguero to Madrid/Barca' story next summer and the one after. Wankers

Which of course they still will - in fact I've already seen a story linking him to real today
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:21 pm

Aguero has bought Independiente a new training ground

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... d-11089814

Looks like he goes in 2019
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dameerto » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:35 pm

Although Pellegrini tries to point out it's a cultural thing with Argentinians - and that he means when he's done in Manchester rather than at a specific date.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:32 pm

Claims in today's papers he only cost £31m rather than the reported £38m. Even if he goes in two years, should he get another 50 goals in that time he will go down as our greatest ever player I'd imagine
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:52 pm

Has he been injured on international duty yet?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Slim » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:57 am

nottsblue wrote:Claims in today's papers he only cost £31m rather than the reported £38m. Even if he goes in two years, should he get another 50 goals in that time he will go down as our greatest ever player I'd imagine

3 years.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:09 am

I actually respect this.

He said fuck of to Madrid and Barcelona. I am staying at my favorite club in Europe, then I am going to my favorite club back home. Only respect for the fella.

Genuine world star. Not many like him left in these days.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:35 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Has he been injured on international duty yet?

MuEN reporting Serg as having A crap game and being hauled off . Saying reports are he will be dropped for Argies next game I have one thing to say about that

I. Fookin hope so
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Spurge » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:42 pm

PeterParker wrote:I actually respect this.

He said fuck of to Madrid and Barcelona. I am staying at my favorite club in Europe, then I am going to my favorite club back home. Only respect for the fella.

Genuine world star. Not many like him left in these days.

Another is his close pal Lionel Messi. He is also committed, though sadly (but unsurprisingly) it's to Barcelona. I don't believe he will join his pal at city but very happy to be proven wrong on this.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:27 pm

Pulled put of Argentina squad due to a calf injury.
I wonder if he would've even played in the derby if hes not banned...
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Love all the headlines about Pep 'vowing to carry on' without Aguero.

I'm pleased he won't be putting a pistol to his head and will just pick a team instead.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:15 pm

Sergio Aguero agrees Manchester City contract extension - Pep Guardiola

Pep Guardiola has confirmed that Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero is set to sign a contract extension.

The Argentine striker has agreed to extend his current deal one year to keep him at the club until 2020, a source told ESPN FC.

Guardiola said he expected a deal to to be officially announced by the club.

"I don't know if I am the right person to talk about that but I think he is going to extend the contract, but it is not official," he told a news conference. "I am not the right person, I don't know if it is definitely going to happen. That's all.

"I think he is a good player. I think there are players you want to stay and still they have the patience to play in this club. So, we cannot discuss about his quality. If he stays I will be so, so happy."

Aguero, 28, had said he would rejoin his first club Independiente at the end of his current deal in 2019. However, the Argentine will remain at the Etihad for a further year, and a source said the extension was agreed in principle in January.

Aguero has started this season in fantastic form, scoring nine goals in five games, including two hat tricks in the Champions League already, and he said he expects to score even more goals under new City boss Pep Guardiola amid the side's perfect start to the season.

"I'm really happy with the new manager," he told reporters after City's 4-0 victory over Borussia Monchengladbach on Wednesday night.

"According to my style of playing, he is one of the managers that have helped me most in my career. Despite [my form] in the Premier League, and my last season at Atletico, I've improved in my game near the box and scoring goals. With Pep I will get even more chances.

"I'm really happy with the way we have started the season. It's always important to start playing good at home."

Aguero, who joined City from Atletico Madrid in 2011 for £38 million, has scored 145 goals in 213 appearances for City.

He has scored more times in the Premier League than any City player and needs another 34 goals to become the club's greatest-ever goal scorer by overtaking Eric Brook, who scored 178 in the 1920s and 1930s.

Aguero became the youngest player in the history of the Argentine top flight when he made his Independiente debut in 2003 at just 15. He scored 23 goals in 56 games for them before moving on to Atletico in 2006.

http://www.espnfc.us/manchester-city/st ... ion-source
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:44 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:Sergio Aguero agrees Manchester City contract extension - Pep Guardiola

Pep Guardiola has confirmed that Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero is set to sign a contract extension.

The Argentine striker has agreed to extend his current deal one year to keep him at the club until 2020, a source told ESPN FC.

Guardiola said he expected a deal to to be officially announced by the club.

"I don't know if I am the right person to talk about that but I think he is going to extend the contract, but it is not official," he told a news conference. "I am not the right person, I don't know if it is definitely going to happen. That's all.

misleading headline.........
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Sportlad » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:29 pm

Where do you think Aguero stands amongst the all-time-great PL strikers? For me, he's definitely up there. I read an interesting comparison article pitting him against other top forwards in the PL era - nice to see Kun has the best goals per game ratio :)

http://bit.ly/2d3OfFV

Iheanacho has performed admirably the last couple of weeks and hopefully has a bright future with us, but it'll nice to see Kun back this weekend!
Last edited by Sportlad on Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sportlad
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:34 pm

Sportlad wrote:Where do you think Aguero stands amongst the all-time-great PL strikers? For me, he's definitely up there. I read an interesting comparison article pitting him against other top forwards in the PL era - nice to see Kun has the best goals per game ratio :)

http://www.thestatszone.com/articles/sergio-agüero-the-greatest-striker-in-premier-league-history

Iheanacho has performed admirably the last couple of weeks and hopefully has a bright future with us, but it'll nice to see Kun back this weekend!

below Suarez alongside Shearer and above Tevez
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Robertoe » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:42 pm

Sportlad wrote:Where do you think Aguero stands amongst the all-time-great PL strikers? For me, he's definitely up there. I read an interesting comparison article pitting him against other top forwards in the PL era - nice to see Kun has the best goals per game ratio :)

http://www.thestatszone.com/articles/sergio-agüero-the-greatest-striker-in-premier-league-history

Can't see him staying fit enough to challenge the topscorers all-time but that should not take away from the fact that he is one of the best players in Prem history. His goals per game ratio is superb and scoring every 107 minutes over so many matches is unbelievable. Interesting stats there
Robertoe
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby PrezIke » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:10 am

With regards to Pep's comment that he "wants to help him" improve...(which as someone else commented on MOTD they were bemused, speculating how scary Aguero would be if he did get even better)...

What is he referring to?

Tracking back/defending? Decision making at times?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:18 am

PrezIke wrote:With regards to Pep's comment that he "wants to help him" improve...(which as someone else commented on MOTD they were bemused, speculating how scary Aguero would be if he did get even better)...

What is he referring to?

Tracking back/defending? Decision making at times?

It's difficult to criticise him but there are areas where he could use improvement, his passing for one, doesn't attack the near post enough for me and yep his decision making at times eg trying to take on two or three players on his own when he has easier options.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:18 am

"Up there with the best" ???

He has the best goals per minute ratio the premier league has ever seen and he's getting better.

Below Suarez my ARSE. When he was in the premier league, he was nowhere near Aguero's stats and he cheated regularly to try to close that gap.
Granted, his goal scoring has improved dramatically since he joined Barca, but it's scary to think how many goals Aguero would score with Messi and Neymar beside him every week.

For me, he's the best striker in world football, let alone the premier league.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum