Aguero

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aguero

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:58 pm

They're in fairly bad form at the moment - hopefully that will play on their minds. I think we could take them with their in-form last season's first eleven though. We got dis.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:25 pm

All the more reason for not shipping Edin out.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:27 pm

zuricity wrote:All the more reason for not shipping Edin out.

Really? Like, really really?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Cit.revenge » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:43 pm

zuricity wrote:All the more reason for not shipping Edin out.

Hahaha you are still not come with terms of selling Dzeko . Mate City is playing great and even when not they win. Edin want to leave so you can't blame them for selling him . It s kind thank you from a club. I m glad for the kid , Ihenacho . Hes having a bit trouble with injury but if that goes well I think he will be a star.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:11 pm

blues2win wrote:Pellegrini could leave out Bony and play Sterling as a false number 9 I suppose with Nasri coming in. I suspect that will be plan B though.

I don't know if MP will do this, but it's definitely a possibility. This is what I hope he does. It's no reflection on Bony, who I like, but I want an extra body inidfield.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:56 pm

Bony up top with silva in behind feeding sterling and de Bruyne/navas coming in. What's the issue? (Apart from navas' finishing)
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:39 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Bony up top with silva in behind feeding sterling and de Bruyne/navas coming in. What's the issue? (Apart from navas' finishing)

Agreed , Bony can make a real name for himself tomorrow night . Time for him to step up to the plate as they say , we are top of the league without any of our strikers yet hitting top form .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:52 pm

Pellers has said Nasri has a slight knock so I'd just leave the coward out for tomorrow and stick with Bony up front with Silva, Sterling, and KDB behind him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:15 am

Mase wrote:Pellers has said Nasri has a slight knock so I'd just leave the coward out for tomorrow and stick with Bony up front with Silva, Sterling, and KDB behind him.

Nasri was hacked down by a red-card worthy tackle from Hangeland!
City was incredibly lucky that Nasri wasn't thoroughly eliminated like Aguero... Especially since it was Nasri's shot on target that ultimately led to Iheanacho's goal! Would you really have deprived City of that amazing win, due to your own personal prejudices towards Nasri?!

The only cowards that I saw on that pitch were Dann & Hangeland, who couldn't cope with a full-strength City, so they made sure to remove our best players.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:28 am

Bony will score tonight.

Get 20 snots on it.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:28 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Image
Mase wrote:Pellers has said Nasri has a slight knock so I'd just leave the coward out for tomorrow and stick with Bony up front with Silva, Sterling, and KDB behind him.

City was incredibly lucky that Nasri wasn't thoroughly eliminated like Aguero... Especially since it was Nasri's shot on target that ultimately led to Iheanacho's goal! Would you really have deprived City of that amazing win, due to your own personal prejudices towards Nasri?!

The only cowards that I saw on that pitch were Dann & Hangeland, who couldn't cope with a full-strength City, so they made sure to remove our best players.

Can I ask why you do that constantly? It's not just this time but I've seen you do it to plenty of posters, one has pulled you up on it previously, but you're still doing it.

A poster makes a comment and you'll go back to one match, whether it be the last match we played or one from over five years ago where that player, in your opinion, had a decent match forgetting about the 50+ matches they've previously played. I think if you ask City fans if Nasri is a coward most will say yes because they can give you a number of occasions when he say turned his back on a free kick or did his best Nigel Clough impression in most matches he's played. Granted he has had some decent matches, but can you not count them on one hand?

In my opinion Nasri slows our play down too much and we're better as a team when we're going full pelt at defences not giving them time to get 10 men behind the ball. Add that to that fact that generally when the going gets tough Nasri does his invisible man impression. I'd rather have a front four of Bony, KDB, Silva, and Sterling tonight. Not because I detest Nasri but because I think with the slow pace of the Italian game Juve won't know what's hit them with that speed. They won't be used to it. And our defence is strong enough this season to cope imo with taking that risk.

Just my opinion.

*insert picture of Nasri against the rags RvP freekick here*
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:47 am

Mase wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Image

Can I ask why you do that constantly? It's not just this time but I've seen you do it to plenty of posters, one has pulled you up on it previously, but you're still doing it.

A poster makes a comment and you'll go back to one match, whether it be the last match we played or one from over five years ago where that player, in your opinion, had a decent match forgetting about the 50+ matches they've previously played. I think if you ask City fans if Nasri is a coward most will say yes because they can give you a number of occasions when he say turned his back on a free kick or did his best Nigel Clough impression in most matches he's played. Granted he has had some decent matches, but can you not count them on one hand?

In my opinion Nasri slows our play down too much and we're better as a team when we're going full pelt at defences not giving them time to get 10 men behind the ball. Add that to that fact that generally when the going gets tough Nasri does his invisible man impression. I'd rather have a front four of Bony, KDB, Silva, and Sterling tonight. Not because I detest Nasri but because I think with the slow pace of the Italian game Juve won't know what's hit them with that speed. They won't be used to it. And our defence is strong enough this season to cope imo with taking that risk.

Just my opinion.

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:02 am

Yes Nasri has let us down several times over the years and is soft as fuck on occasions but he is a class player when in the right frame of mind and to his credit put in a proper shift at Selhurst last Saturday when the squad was down to the bare bones in a tough game . There was a time when if he was on the receiving end of a bad tackle like the one from Hangeland he would have downed tools ............... he kept going and set up the last minute winner , full credit to him !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:05 am

City64 wrote:Yes Nasri has let us down several times over the years and is soft as fuck on occasions but he is a class player when in the right frame of mind and to his credit put in a proper shift at Selhurst last Saturday when the squad was down to the bare bones in a tough game . There was a time when if he was on the receiving end of a bad tackle like the one from Hangeland he would have downed tools ............... he kept going and set up the last minute winner , full credit to him !

I take it you didn't read the above? The isn't whether he played well on Saturday or not, because he obviously did. It's about whether he's worth the risk tonight.

Can we rely on him in an important match tonight? Is it worth the gamble. When Dzeko was here he was similar. If he had his head in the right place he'd get us some important goals. But half the time he looked like he wasn't interested.
Last edited by Mase on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:07 am

Mase wrote:...Not because I detest Nasri...

Nearly every comment you have ever made about Samir Nasri, was to either call him, "wank" or a "coward." So, yes, you obviously DO detest Nasri & you would probably just clone Kolarov & replace the entire team with Aleks, in every position!

On the MOTM vs Watford thread, most of us that had bothered to watch the entire match, pointed out that you had wrongly called Nasri's performance, "wank," despite your not having watched the full match!

I'm not sure why you're now surprised at being challenged, when you're constantly trashing players, without actually watching their performances in full matches.

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=50506&start=20#page-body
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:11 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Mase wrote:...Not because I detest Nasri...

Nearly every comment you have ever made about Samir Nasri, was to either call him, "wank" or a "coward." So, yes, you obviously DO detest Nasri & you would probably just clone Kolarov & replace the entire team with Aleks, in every position!

On the MOTM vs Watford thread, most of us that had bothered to watch the entire match, pointed out that you had wrongly called Nasri's performance, "wank," despite your not having watched the full match!

I'm not sure why you're now surprised at being challenged, when you're constantly trashing players, without actually watching their performances in full matches.

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=50506&start=20#page-body

I guess some people find it hard to get my humour. 'I didn't watch the match but Nasri was wank' - it really doesn't get more tongue in cheek than that. I can't really help you though if you can't understand that. That's your problem not mine.

You've still missed the point though if you're quoting five words out of all I wrote, including missing the part out why I don't want him to start tonight.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:26 am

Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:Yes Nasri has let us down several times over the years and is soft as fuck on occasions but he is a class player when in the right frame of mind and to his credit put in a proper shift at Selhurst last Saturday when the squad was down to the bare bones in a tough game . There was a time when if he was on the receiving end of a bad tackle like the one from Hangeland he would have downed tools ............... he kept going and set up the last minute winner , full credit to him !

I take it you didn't read the above? The isn't whether he played well on Saturday or not, because he obviously did. It's about whether he's worth the risk tonight.

Can we rely on him in an important match tonight? Is it worth the gamble. When Dzeko was here he was similar. If he had his head in the right place he'd get us some important goals. But half the time he looked like he wasn't interested.

Yep read it pal . I would deffo start him tonight , another stunning strike like the one v Roma away last season in the CL would be good tonight for sure ! ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:31 am

Mase wrote:I guess some people find it hard to get my humour. 'I didn't watch the match but Nasri was wank' - it really doesn't get more tongue in cheek than that. I can't really help you though if you can't understand that. That's your problem not mine.

You've still missed the point though if you're quoting five words out of all I wrote, including missing the part out why I don't want him to start tonight.

I singled that phrase out, in just the same blinkered way that you dismiss any positive contribution Nasri has ever made, because you very clearly dislike like him!

So, with your current player selections, Nasri would have been left out of the Dec, 2014 match against Roma, in which Samir scored a 60th minute goal? That goal from Nasri, helped rescue the match & allowed City to progress out of the group stage.
Instead, you were probably more pissed off that Kolarov didn't replace Nasri, until the 89th minute...
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:47 am

Nasri played well saturday pretty near mom, but over the years hes gone missing in most games doesnt track back and overall pretty average, ship him out and bring in isco and we would have a world class player in a position that would suit him.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:47 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Mase wrote:I guess some people find it hard to get my humour. 'I didn't watch the match but Nasri was wank' - it really doesn't get more tongue in cheek than that. I can't really help you though if you can't understand that. That's your problem not mine.

I singled that phrase out, in just the same blinkered way that you dismiss any positive contribution Nasri has ever made, because you very clearly dislike like him!

So, with your current player selections, Nasri would have been left out of the Dec, 2014 match against Roma, in which Samir scored a 60th minute goal? That goal from Nasri, helped rescue the match & allowed City to progress out of the group stage.
Instead, you were probably more pissed off that Kolarov didn't replace Nasri, until the 89th minute...

I can't tell if you're being serious now or just acting the clown, but I'll humour you one more time.

"So, with your current player selections, Nasri would have been left out of the Dec, 2014 match against Roma," - WhyAlwaysMe

Well you obviously haven't read what I put above did you? Bony, KDB, Silva, and Sterling. They're my current player selections. We didn't have three of those players in Dec 14.

"I singled that phrase out, in just the same blinkered way that you dismiss any positive contribution Nasri has ever made, because you very clearly dislike like him!" - WhyAlwaysMe

I've just said in a post above that Nasri had a good game on Saturday. Again, you either can't read - which is fair enough because not everyone can have a good education. It's nothing to be ashamed of and might explain why you like pictures a lot.
Or you just have a gripe with me personally, which is also fine. I have a season ticket and will be there on Saturday if you want to have a few beers before the match?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum