Aguero

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Aguero

Postby blues2win » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:23 pm

Pellegrini could leave out Bony and play Sterling as a false number 9 I suppose with Nasri coming in. I suspect that will be plan B though.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:34 pm

i'm just grateful that dzonkey won't be featuring up top tomorrow night
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ill be the first to say it , Bony will be pap up on his own .....I fear Pellers made a mistake leaving Nacho out and I said that before he scored the other day.
Bony just does not have it to be a lone striker in our team..hes fuckign slow and his natural game is to back into a defender and hold the ball up (Which he excels at) looking to push it to the wing and then he runs into the box to hopefully get onto the cross.

Thats all well and fine when he has Aguero with him but on his own ?????.............I reckon he will only score if its from a set piece.

Not happy.

Genuine question Carl, who would you have left out of the squad to accommodate Kelechi?

And another, would you really start Kelechi against Juve up front on his own ahead of Bony?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:50 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ill be the first to say it , Bony will be pap up on his own .....I fear Pellers made a mistake leaving Nacho out and I said that before he scored the other day.
Bony just does not have it to be a lone striker in our team..hes fuckign slow and his natural game is to back into a defender and hold the ball up (Which he excels at) looking to push it to the wing and then he runs into the box to hopefully get onto the cross.

Thats all well and fine when he has Aguero with him but on his own ?????.............I reckon he will only score if its from a set piece.

Not happy.

Genuine question Carl, who would you have left out of the squad to accommodate Kelechi?

And another, would you really start Kelechi against Juve up front on his own ahead of Bony?

Pellers didnt buy another forward because he felt Nacho was worth his place in the squad...therefore yes , I think in some games Nacho should be played before Bony (Who has not set the place on fire since we bought him)..he cannot play ahead of Bony in any CL games as Pellers didnt name him int he CL squad.

I dont have an answer as to who I would have left out...............but what manager would only have 2 forwards named in a CL tournament?...its always going to be a risk if one of them gets injured even if he can mix it up by putting in sterling.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PrezIke » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:56 pm

True, but Pellegrini did mention Sterling. Actually he mentioned him before Nacho, so I think he considers him the 3rd choice, but obviously prefers to use him as an attacking mid.

So from his standpoint, really we do have 3 strikers in the squad.

If there was room surely Nacho would have been the next to be added.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:01 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Not happy.

Pellers didnt buy another forward because he felt Nacho was worth his place in the squad...therefore yes , I think in some games Nacho should be played before Bony (Who has not set the place on fire since we bought him)..he cannot play ahead of Bony in any CL games as Pellers didnt name him int he CL squad.

I dont have an answer as to who I would have left out...............but what manager would only have 2 forwards named in a CL tournament?...its always going to be a risk if one of them gets injured even if he can mix it up by putting in sterling.

He hasn't set the world on fire no but he's only started 3 games since he's signed, so hasn't really had the chance to.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:19 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Not happy.

He hasn't set the world on fire no but he's only started 3 games since he's signed, so hasn't really had the chance to.

Bony came in January 15th 2015 , hes been here 8 months and in that time hes been poor as a forward when he has started, but has been good when used as a "shield and hold the ball up" type player ,.......I just do not see him as a player that replaces Aguero when we are in dire need of a goal.....Nacho showed us in pre season that he is the type of forward to get us a goal....as he proved the other day.

This isnt a slag Bony off post....its just comparing him to Nacho....both are different.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:22 pm

I fully agree with you that both are different and can see merit in your argument that Nacho may be likelier to score when coming off the bench but I don't think you're giving Bony a fair crack, like I said he's only started 3 times.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby phips » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:25 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:i'm just grateful that dzonkey won't be featuring up top tomorrow night

i wish he was
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:43 pm

phips wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:i'm just grateful that dzonkey won't be featuring up top tomorrow night

i wish he was

3 goals in 18 starts was Dzeko's CL record for us, why would you wish for that?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby phips » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:50 pm

phips wrote:

i wish he was

what's Bony done for us since he's arrived besides some holdup play?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:53 pm

phips wrote:
phips wrote:

i wish he was

I'll ask you again, why would you wish for that?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Not happy.

Bony came in January 15th 2015 , hes been here 8 months and in that time hes been poor as a forward when he has started, but has been good when used as a "shield and hold the ball up" type player ,.......I just do not see him as a player that replaces Aguero when we are in dire need of a goal.....Nacho showed us in pre season that he is the type of forward to get us a goal....as he proved the other day.

This isnt a slag Bony off post....its just comparing him to Nacho....both are different.

I agree that he needs to start putting the ball in the back of the net...he is a striker...but 8 months time is a silly number to throw up. He was gone for a month for ACN after we bought him, then he came off the bench late for a few games and I believe got one or two starts before he sprained his ankle missing the rest of the season, effectively.

Then this season he had some mysterious illness, so didn't travel with us to Australia and Asia, then gets unlucky with the nasty cut received in training, I believe. So really he's not had any level of consistency with the team. On Swansea he was first choice and rarely injured. The injuries he's gotten with us seem more unlucky than worrying. If his ankle injury keeps popping up then I'd be more concerned, but let's see how he's doing by December before we start to suggest Nacho should replace him already.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:17 pm

phips wrote:
phips wrote:

i wish he was

Actually I feel he's done fairly well on defensive set pieces.

Yes, he's a striker, but creating goals when you're not scoring is better than doing neither. His goal scoring record has been strong for two seasons when fit. He could falter, but he still gives us more than Dzeko did when not scoring if you ask me.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:52 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
blues2win wrote:According to Presser Aguero out but Fernandinho and Nasri likely to be ok despite missing training today. I suspect that Bony will be upfront on his own. Pellegrini wouldn't confirm that de Bruyne would start but he surely will. I guess Navas will make way.

How long is Sergio out for? Did he say?

Awaiting scans

Expected back for the weekend

He also hinted that Sterling could play as striker...........

Did you expect him to say "hey guys I fucked this up. Sorry!"

I'd prefer sterling to bony at this point. Bony was poor Saturday. He's not had a fair crack at it yet obviously but we need to get out of the CL gate strongly. And I'm not sure Bony is in that frame of mind.

It's almost guaranteed he will start tho. No doubt in my mind. He better have his fucking big boy pants on and do something important.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PrezIke » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:03 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
blues2win wrote:According to Presser Aguero out but Fernandinho and Nasri likely to be ok despite missing training today. I suspect that Bony will be upfront on his own. Pellegrini wouldn't confirm that de Bruyne would start but he surely will. I guess Navas will make way.

How long is Sergio out for? Did he say?

Awaiting scans

Expected back for the weekend

He also hinted that Sterling could play as striker...........

Did you expect him to say "hey guys I fucked this up. Sorry!"

I'd prefer sterling to bony at this point. Bony was poor Saturday. He's not had a fair crack at it yet obviously but we need to get out of the CL gate strongly. And I'm not sure Bony is in that frame of mind.

It's almost guaranteed he will start tho. No doubt in my mind. He better have his fucking big boy pants on and do something important.

Cheers

This will clearly Bony's chance to shut the critics here up. If he doesn't we will surely move Sterling into the no.9 role or false 9, in the second half and bring on Navas, who I expect to sit for De Bruyne.
Last edited by PrezIke on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:13 pm

Wilf does not look to be at his best at the moment, but surely to improve he needs games, playing sterling central while an option wont help that. Wilf still starts this one, silva kev yaya and sterling behind surely they will make a few chances for him.
With Bony, Sterling, Kev, Silva at the business end and navas nasri on the bench if needs be to change it were strong enough to beat this lot.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:25 pm

Just look at his performance for Swansea against us last season I believe. He put on a great performance and scored an excellent goal too IIRC. I agree with Doomy that he may not be full of confidence because he hasn't had a run but the quality is there of that there is no doubt. Of course like everyone else I'd far rather have Aguero but Kelechi up front on his own against Juventus? That would be a hell of an ask at this stage of his development. Anyway he can't play so here's hoping Wilf puts on a show tomorrow.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:17 pm

Jesus Buggery Bollox. What's with Bony hatred? He's barely had five minutes. The bloke has ability. And not just to hold the ball up, although he does do that incredibly well.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:33 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Jesus Buggery Bollox. What's with Bony hatred? He's barely had five minutes. The bloke has ability. And not just to hold the ball up, although he does do that incredibly well.

Zero Boneh hatred. It's CL paranoia and fear. I want the players most likely to be in the form to do some damage to them early and make them open up a bit. To me playing Bony plays into their hands in a slugfest where i would prefer a track meet.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum