Are Chelsea out of it?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Are Chelsea out of it?

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:09 pm

5 games in for fuck's sake.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:14 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:5 games in for fuck's sake.

Yeah. You'd have to say that predicting their death rattle is a tad premature. I'm loving that they've been shit and hope it continues. The reality of course is that if the slide continues they will be out of it in a few more weeks. But I can't see that happening just yet.

Besides, we've got plenty of other teams that will chase us and I feel we've already proven that we are only going to lose it this season by beating ourselves. Which has happened to great teams in the past.

Forza City.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:20 pm

What's this 'Chelsea' business, isn't it the Maureen show?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:38 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Of course they are not out of it. They look to have a dodgy defence, and failed to buy the player they wanted to fix that, but I'm sure Maureen will come up with a tactic to compensate for it. We should just concentrate on getting as many points as we can to maximise the advantage before he does.

Are Rags and Arsenal out of it - no. Are Scouse out of it, yes :-)

Were the dippers ever in it?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby clippo22 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:00 am

Dangerous to rule them out already, but they have to win against arsenal this weekend. Which on current form I can't see happening!

If we do our business against the hammers that would take the gap to 14 points. I think that would be too much to claw back. Hopefully Pellegrini and the players aren't focusing on our rivals and just on winning every game.

Like others have said, we are our only rivals currently. Get complacent and we will soon be caught!
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:26 am

Of course they are out of it already , they are shit this season , old and slow , Hazard doesn't look interested , Moaniho has run out of excuses and people to blame ........he is a cunt and is self destructing , we sort of knew this was going to happen didn't we ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:33 am

clippo22 wrote:Dangerous to rule them out already, but they have to win against arsenal this weekend. Which on current form I can't see happening!

If we do our business against the hammers that would take the gap to 14 points. I think that would be too much to claw back. Hopefully Pellegrini and the players aren't focusing on our rivals and just on winning every game.

Like others have said, we are our only rivals currently. Get complacent and we will soon be caught!

As funny as it would be if they lost to arse, I'm hoping for a chelski win. Now that Chelsea have dropped so many points, we want the rags and arsenal to start struggling
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:47 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
clippo22 wrote:Dangerous to rule them out already, but they have to win against arsenal this weekend. Which on current form I can't see happening!

As funny as it would be if they lost to arse, I'm hoping for a chelski win. Now that Chelsea have dropped so many points, we want the rags and arsenal to start struggling

That ^

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:50 am

A bore fest 0-0 will do me. 1 point and both teams get a bit extra pressure on them if we increase put lead once more.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:22 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:

No dont want Chelsea to win. Still at this time see them as more of a threat than the Arse. But a draw would be acceptable. Want Chelsea out of it as soon as possible, the others then are easy enough sorted.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:48 am

sheblue wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:

No dont want Chelsea to win. Still at this time see them as more of a threat than the Arse. But a draw would be acceptable. Want Chelsea out of it as soon as possible, the others then are easy enough sorted.

Disagree. Arse and rags ran us far too close last season. It could happen again, we aren't invincible and we can implode
Fidel Castro

Postby sheblue » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:36 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:

Disagree. Arse and rags ran us far too close last season. It could happen again, we aren't invincible and we can implode

Well if we implode anyone of them will overtake us. And we only have ourselves to blame.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:40 pm

Not if they all drop enough points themselves early doors ;)
Fidel Castro

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:19 pm

Surely they are out of the title race now? The highest anyone has finished from where they are now is fifth. History is against them as is form, morale, leadership, settled team.

The way they are going fourth is not a given. Shaping up to be a great season
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:30 pm

nottsblue wrote:Surely they are out of the title race now? The highest anyone has finished from where they are now is fifth. History is against them as is form, morale, leadership, settled team.

Was it not around this time last season where arsenal won something like 38 points out of the next 40?

Any big run like that now will leave a team well in contention come January, although it looks unlikely from Chelsea as their problems appear to run too deep, and the defence too fragile to go on that run.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:46 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Surely they are out of the title race now? The highest anyone has finished from where they are now is fifth. History is against them as is form, morale, leadership, settled team.

Was it not around this time last season where arsenal won something like 38 points out of the next 40?

Any big run like that now will leave a team well in contention come January, although it looks unlikely from Chelsea as their problems appear to run too deep, and the defence too fragile to go on that run.

That's my point really. Eight games is still very early, there are still thirty to play, but they are in disarray both on and off the field and I for one would be gobsmacked if they suddenly turned it around after the International break. Far more likely they fall further behind IMO. Still, new manager syndrome and all that....
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:55 pm

International break ? Good time to get rid of a manager. Just heard a quote from a commentator "England's world cup is over before it has begun". Heard that last year.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Tim777 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:03 pm

As it stands, the question is who will be up for the fourth Champions League spot, with us, the scum and the arse?

Pure speculation at this point in the season, I know, but unless something heroic happens and Chelski redeem themselves starting with matchday 9, it's up for grabs; Scouse2 also seem unlikely with Brenda also needing a serious head-bobbing like the moaner.
Would be interesting to see it go to the likes of Palace/WestHam/Everton/Saints, etc. Who knows...

Hozay slagging his players off in public is certainly not helping his cause; we all know how that could end.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby sheblue » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:33 pm

They seem to be in real disarray it will take time to sort that.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:50 pm

Are Chelsea out of it?.... No, they are not safe from relegation and no, they are not out of the bottom half of the table, yet!

Mathematically, Chelsea's odds of making the top 4 are looking worse, with every match.
Chelsea currently languishing in 16th place, almost makes Moyes' title defence record with United, look good!

The only thing that could have made this any sweeter, was if the FA had also done their proper job, by retroactively punishing Moaninho for the Eva Carneiro incident... Jose completely ignored Michael Oliver's 2 calls, requesting that Carneiro & Fearn help Hazard.
Instead, Jose claims that he called Eva Carneiro a "son of a bitch," for defying his instructions... How is that any more acceptable to the FA, than what the witnesses heard?
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum