ted hughes?!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ted hughes?!

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:06 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
twosips wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I like him. He sees the game pretty much the way I do. And even if you thought he was wrong he was prepared to back up his point of view with reasoned argument.

Yeah same, I shared nearly identical viewpoints too, hence why I thought he was pretty much always right on most things. Even down to advocating giving Kompany's poor form the benefit of the doubt and defending Navas etc... i think things got a bit heated as people started to jump on his posts a bit more and he left i presume.

Ah well. Shame as the EDS thread, one of the main reasons I come here in truth, is basically dead now.

Oh I dunno. I think people still very much enjoy your reports.

One of my fave things of the last 12 months was seeing TwoSipz, Dougie Fresh and Ted talk about the kids. For someone living thousands of miles away this is really great stuff to hear about.

Don't stop.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:49 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
twosips wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I like him. He sees the game pretty much the way I do. And even if you thought he was wrong he was prepared to back up his point of view with reasoned argument.

Yeah same, I shared nearly identical viewpoints too, hence why I thought he was pretty much always right on most things. Even down to advocating giving Kompany's poor form the benefit of the doubt and defending Navas etc... i think things got a bit heated as people started to jump on his posts a bit more and he left i presume.

Ah well. Shame as the EDS thread, one of the main reasons I come here in truth, is basically dead now.

One of my fave things of the last 12 months was seeing TwoSipz, Dougie Fresh and Ted talk about the kids. For someone living thousands of miles away this is really great stuff to hear about.

Don't stop.

It's not gone away and as soon as I can get rid of the damned cricket I will up and at it and giving Twosips the support he needs. Well he doesn't really need it but I will jump in anyway

Cheers
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tim777 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:41 pm

Mase wrote:This thread has turned very Brokeback Mountain.

Never watched it.
Isn't that a western of some sort? The trailer seems to suggest so ;)
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:50 pm

What was Ted's original name?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What was Ted's original name?

Teddy.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:11 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Teddy.

Boy?

I'm sure his name was of a mass murderer, something like Bundy.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:11 pm

Whilst I haven't got a clue where Ted is, MC never posted again after being called out as a fraud when his 'jolly good fellow' mask repeated slipped with extremely distasteful posts about various dead celebrities whose political views were different to his.

Seemed like a nice enough bloke whose posts I generally enjoyed, and it was slightly disappointing that he never had the balls to try to discuss what he had been called out on.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:18 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
twosips wrote:

Don't stop.

Cheers

Is your favourite movie of all time Little Children?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:Whilst I haven't got a clue where Ted is, MC never posted again after being called out as a fraud when his 'jolly good fellow' mask repeated slipped with extremely distasteful posts about various dead celebrities whose political views were different to his.

Seemed like a nice enough bloke whose posts I generally enjoyed, and it was slightly disappointing that he never had the balls to try to discuss what he had been called out on.

MC always seemed decent on here, what'd I miss?

Always thought he was from the USA.

From another perspective, like in my case, I have limited internet accessibility so read more than I post whilst away from home. This maybe the case. Who knows.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:43 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:Whilst I haven't got a clue where Ted is, MC never posted again after being called out as a fraud when his 'jolly good fellow' mask repeated slipped with extremely distasteful posts about various dead celebrities whose political views were different to his.

MC always seemed decent on here, what'd I miss?

Always thought he was from the USA.

From another perspective, like in my case, I have limited internet accessibility so read more than I post whilst away from home. This maybe the case. Who knows.

I used to have a good old sparring with MC myself. Always found him quite jovial. All this seems to have happened while I was on holidays, so I checked back to see when was his last post. He hasn't posted since the Neville's dad stuff.

Listen, maybe he's embarrased. I'd imagine that's a foreign concept for some on here, but he struck me as being genuine. It's easy to misjudge the level of indignation or just plain piss take on here sometimes.
Hope he comes back.
As for Ted. I agree with a lot on here. I think the place has slowed down without him. I never took offence by being told I didn't know what I was talking about, because his initial reaction to whatever nonsense I'd come out with would be to explain to me why I was wrong. That I can handle and will debate with a lot more than being called a cnut and not reasoned with.

To each there own and if neither want to come back, that's there own choice.

Someone else mentioned earlier, that he hoped they were alright. The thought did strike me also, although Ted has been seen apparently. I do hope they're both well, which is strange in itself, considering I don't know either of them.
Anyway. Onwards and upwards.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Socrates » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:27 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Herb wrote:Well for what it's worth I miss the sense that Ted brought to this forum but I can understand why he's fucked off (if that's what's happened) because there's a small clique on here who are bitterly aggresive towards other posters and 1 or 2 who revel in targeted personal attacks. That's why many leave and why many don't join in the first place.

Anyone that fucks off because they got into a spat , be it personal or game related can fuckign do one as far as Im concerned.
I cannot stand fuckign cry babies on this site who couldnt hack a dig here and there......I think the one poster who tipifies having more character than most is Phips...that cunt gets it from all angles and he still dishes it back out and remains here..fucking give that man a medal !!!

Ted can take it like a man and I reckon hes just taken a sabatical........he doesnt fit the wanker profile as far as Im concerned.

IMO , other posters who have fucked off for good(Or as good as ) can stay fuckign off for good, dont even look in from time to time as its like your nosy fucking neighbor who "pops" in for a nosy and to borrow some sugar to see if youve decorated the house....,,you decided not to come round to say hello on a regular basis so why dont you just Get fucked altogether ????

And as for JF , you like no cunt who doesnt follow your mindset....you have been that way since the year dot you Lobster munching cunt !

On a side note.....Im having tea at 5pm ...everyones welcome.

Lobster yum. It's not so much that I don't like Ted as that I don't like the way he dominates so many discussions. He has many valid things to say but he isn't always right and it did feel like it had become his personal blog. Miss Mikhael. Hope he comes back soon.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:00 am

Wasn't it Ted Nugent and he got pulled up for choosing an icon who's a pseudo-racist doucher so he changed it to Ted Hughes?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:03 am

It's possible be was going through a bad time for some reason. The posts all seemed to be over a fairly small window.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:39 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

Wasn't it Ted Nugent and he got pulled up for choosing an icon who's a pseudo-racist doucher so he changed it to Ted Hughes?

Cheers

That was it, and it was his name on the MEN I believe.

Cheers

Quite strange the MC bit. Why have an alter-ego on the same forum. Did he ever have a conversation with himself?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:10 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Carl's right.

Give phips a medal.
just make sure it's made of lead and we're throwing him into something fucking deeeep.

Herb, grow a pair.

pmsl.....there was no other way Id expect you to reply to that post.

Much obliged :)
Original Dub

Postby dazby » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Has anyone tried sending a pm?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Carl's right.

Give phips a medal.
just make sure it's made of lead and we're throwing him into something fucking deeeep.

Herb, grow a pair.

pmsl.....there was no other way Id expect you to reply to that post.

Much obliged :)

Aren't you two fucking precious.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:41 pm

twosips wrote:He posts on bluemoon all the time still so i guess he's just packed it in over here.

Does he use a different username on there?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:04 pm

A bloke called 'Neville Kneville' is giving off the same ranty, long-winded, all-knowing vibe. That him?
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:07 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:A bloke called 'Neville Kneville' is giving off the same ranty, long-winded, all-knowing vibe. That him?

That's what I suspected too when Twosips said the above.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum