ted hughes?!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ted hughes?!

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:15 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:Perhaps Ted and MC are frustrated by the lack of respect between certain posters? Personally I wish there was an obligation within the forum for posters to show respect to others. I know one exists on BM, and according to twosips, Ted is still posting on there.
I hate to see blue on blue fights around matches, I know it happens occasionally, but it seems so daft. "Cyber-bullying" behaviour on forums between blues seems an extension of this. I realise some posters like a "wild west" approach to forums, and it makes moderation easier, but I wish we could behave with mutual respect.

Bloody hell mate, Ted has the most condescending posting style on the board. Not a fucking shred of respect if you disagree with him he is right and everyone else isn't as perceptive or as clever as his opinion, is pretty much how it goes.

MC also seemed to also think that respect was also a 1 way thing given that he fucked off after being pulled about several posts about a lack of respect for dead people.

Overall though, people taking a huff and fucking off doesn't harm the board, others come to take their place and contribute in different ways and keep things fresh. That's the way it's always been, we survived after BTAJim's meltdown, we manage without Vhero's streams, we survived John68 fucking off after being called out for bullying (he actually had an incredibly similar condescending style to Ted), and we will survive after these two pussies have fucked off.

Firstly, I think you both make very good points but I don't agree with all of what you've written. I respect you both though, rest assured.

I don't think this place is any worse than Bluemoon. I know from the little time I spent on there that although there is some excellent posters there and a lot of really good threads and debates, they seem to be every bit as much controlled by cliques and a lot of people complain about the over moderation.
Regarding respect and the wild west approach on the board I think you only have to take a look at the off season on there and the transfer thread in particular to see it is no better than here. I think it is different strokes for different folks. BM suits some better, Here suits others better. I don't think you have to sieve through as much drivel on here to get to the nub of what's happening. That's just me.

Regarding different styles of posting from people. I think that is a very hard thing to gauge at times. We don't realise that a huge part of our communication is visual. When you are not face to face with someone, particular someone you don't know on the other end of a keyboard somewhere, it can be hard to discern someone's sense of humour. Hard to tell what's tongue in cheek and what's not.

I personally haven't been offended by anyone on here. I don't know any of you well enough to be offended and none of you know me to make any assumptions about my character. (not saying anyone has btw). The only time that came close was a case of mistaken identity. Someone thought I was a poster of a similar name on BM.

Therefore having read what MC said in the space of a couple of weeks and not agreeing with it in any way, I still would not have attacked him personally Sparty, although I realise it made you angry. I don't agree that MC was disrespectful to people on the board. He did have some pretty left wing ideas which he didn't apologise for but he didn't in my experience personally attack others for having a different opinion. He did rant about things outside the board. I agree he had an unusual style of posting, but I just took that at face value. He wouldn't be the only eccentric on here. (You all know who you are)

I'm not here to make excuses for anyone. They can do that for themselves if they choose. If they don't fine, as you say we'll get on with it.
But I think we all have something sensible to say at times whether we are saying stupid stuff all the rest of the time or not. If that makes sense?
Even this Nige/Herb thing. I don't know either of you and don't know who is right or wrong and am never going to know from my seat here in Dublin.
It doesn't bother me either way, but it doesn't mean that Nige doesn't make sense about other things or Herb isn't right when he says some people won't come on here, they just browse for years. It's what I did. You wonder what kind of reception you'll get.

Some people are confrontational by nature other aren't. The way one person perceives others is not the way everyone does.

Respect.

With all respect, as you can see from the combination of the Neville thread which was locked, and the cilla black thread where I 'attacked' him, I wouldn't have 'attacked' him had he not posted about his parents being better than Neville Neville, and along the lines that they deserved to live and he deserved to die.

I also wouldn't have said a dicky bird had he not called me a hypocrite or whatever it was he called me, which is exactly what he was being in the very same post. Fuck me, all I said was that his original post was a bit harsh!

I wasn't targeting him or saving that rant up, as apart from his silly left wing posts, I thought he added value to a lot of discussions, but if he wants to start throwing offensive posts around, mixed in with personal insults, then im certainly not sorry if he doesn't like it when he got both barrels back.

Yeah. I read back through that stuff just recently and it didn't make good reading. I was quite surprised. I suppose all I'm saying about him really is that it seemed more out of character with him and I never really thought that his online style was a forum persona. he seemed genuine to me which makes me wonder are there other issues with him. We don't know anyone on here except those of you that are lucky enough to meet up before matches etc. so I wouldn't be confident about judging someone's character from what we read on here.
I'm not blaming you for tackling things the way you did, I'm just saying I probably would be more cautious by nature in 'calling someone out' as such.That's just me though. Not saying I'm right.

You were right about getting the thread shut down. If it got nasty then that's probably just a consequence. If MC is genuine I'm sure he'll be back in his own time. He'd have no hard feelings from me. Ted I would imagine will come back when he and nobody else, says the time is right.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:24 pm

Too many paragraphs in this thread for my liking. It's got all the hallmarks of a 'Ted' thread.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:28 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Too many paragraphs in this thread for my liking. It's got all the hallmarks of a 'Ted' thread.

Maybe all the posters are ted is disguise.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:31 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Too many paragraphs in this thread for my liking. It's got all the hallmarks of a 'Ted' thread.

That's paragraphist. I'm offended!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:32 pm

sheblue wrote:

I'm Ted and so is my wife.

Has that ever happened on here that anyone is aware of. Has there ever been someone caught posting under two different names.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Herbs Dad » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:41 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Has that ever happened on here that anyone is aware of. Has there ever been someone caught posting under two different names.

No not at all that kind of thing does not happen on this board. All posters are genuine and sincere.

Now I do apologise for my boy. He goes back to School after the weekend so should ease off with a lot of his teenage angst!
Herbs Dad
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Parsley under 15's
My favourite player is: Rosemary Thyme

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:46 pm

Herbs Dad wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:

No not at all that kind of thing does not happen on this board. All posters are genuine and sincere.

Now I do apologise for my boy. He goes back to School after the weekend so should ease off with a lot of his teenage angst!

Haha.

My money's on Beefy

Actually no I take that back. That was the Tackle.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:58 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Herbs Dad wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Haha.

My money's on Beefy

Actually no I take that back. That was the Tackle.

Very good whoever it was.......

WW was that you.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:04 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:]

Very good whoever it was.......

WW was that you.

No. Not me or my wife
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:14 pm

At least this thread about TED is very apt...fucking long winded and 20 pages long.

Mancityfans.net is like a local boozer......we love it,,,,those PC cunts who want to go to the Rotary arms public house can just fucking go do one!! ...but those who want to stay in the Pig and Whistle can stay here.

There you go....we are now officially in Pub terms..The Pig and Whistle.

Mines a pint of Grey goose and Cranberry.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:17 pm

Oi, that's my 20 pence on the pool table you cheeky git.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:18 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:At least this thread about TED is very apt...fucking long winded and 20 pages long.

Mancityfans.net is like a local boozer......we love it,,,,those PC cunts who want to go to the Rotary arms public house can just fucking go do one!! ...but those who want to stay in the Pig and Whistle can stay here.

There you go....we are now officially in Pub terms..The Pig and Whistle.

Mines a pint of Grey goose and Cranberry.

I blame 'Herbs Dad' he's forever coming on here filling up each thread with rubbish.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:19 pm

Great smoking area as well, just off to get my jacket.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby rosbif cuisson 'bleu' » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:28 pm

pint of mixed for me,

are we in the tap room?
rosbif cuisson 'bleu'
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Game of crib & dom's with darts in the background.

Fuck, thought I'd just seen Ted skulking off after his half of Babycham but it turned out to be Auntie Ethel sneeking a quick bevvy before tea.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:40 pm

I see WW, aka the landlord, has slinked off...the skiving cunt.

Bar staff are shite as well.....(I might fuck off to that posh place, down road).....Cancel that....Im still barred from there.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I see WW, aka the landlord, has slinked off...the skiving cunt.

Bar staff are shite as well.....(I might fuck off to that posh place, down road).....Cancel that....Im still barred from there.

Oi.Your the dog that everyone fusses which has been there for years and then snaps at the odd dick head that wanders in.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I see WW, aka the landlord, has slinked off...the skiving cunt.

Oi.Your the dog that everyone fusses which has been there for years and then snaps at the odd dick head that wanders in.

Flee ridden little bastard! Shits on the carpet occasionally as well as the odd cocked leg at the side of the bar.

But we love him really, old Scruffy.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:34 pm

Watch on youtube.com
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby ruralblue » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:05 pm

Perhaps someone should venture over to the other side and bring Ted back. Maybe he's trapped over there or even he had a little fall, knocked his head and has forgotten we ever existed.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum