Chumps League SQUAD ANNOUNCED

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Chumps League SQUAD ANNOUNCED

Postby Socrates » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:49 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Socrates wrote:Apoloies but sometimes the lack of imagination of people stuns me.

I assumed he was talking about Kelechi as part of the B list as I'd seen other City fans discussing this elsewhere.

Is that ok for you Yoko?

O no.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby blues2win » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:05 pm

Kelechi getting into the January squad through bad injuries is possible. He could take the place of Aguero or Bony although that is hardly ideal. Playing himself into the squad at either of their expense is pretty unlikely I would have thought. He's non home grown so he would have to take the place of another non home grown player so as to keep within the overall limit of 17.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby dazby » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:06 pm

It's a clear sign of intent that we'll play with one upfront.

I'm fascinated to see what gingerdeballs brings to the table.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Socrates » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:17 pm

To be fair, Bony hasn't really set alight yet. It could happen that Nacho overtakes him, just maybe. If he gets a run of chances and doesn't use them to do impressions of Christian Negouai then that will help.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby phips » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:25 pm

Socrates wrote:To be fair, Bony hasn't really set alight yet. It could happen that Nacho overtakes him, just maybe. If he gets a run of chances and doesn't use them to do impressions of Christian Negouai then that will help.

without some sort of injury crisis i don't see Kelechi getting any sort of meaningful match time outside of the cups.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:01 pm

phips wrote:
Socrates wrote:To be fair, Bony hasn't really set alight yet. It could happen that Nacho overtakes him, just maybe. If he gets a run of chances and doesn't use them to do impressions of Christian Negouai then that will help.

without some sort of injury crisis i don't see Kelechi getting any sort of meaningful match time outside of the cups.

Totally agree with this and if he bides his time he will get opportunities. He will receive home grown status next year or the Jan after so it's no problem as he is only a baby and nowhere near the level of Bony or Aguero yet. One step at a time.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:07 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
phips wrote:

Totally agree with this and if he bides his time he will get opportunities. He will receive home grown status next year or the Jan after so it's no problem as he is only a baby and nowhere near the level of Bony or Aguero yet. One step at a time.

Genuine workd class talent starts making an impression at 18/19. He needs to be given opportunities and to make them count when they come along. This season ideally.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby s1ty m » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:35 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Caballero filling a foreign spot takes the piss. He's crap, may as well have a crap, English backup keeper so we can include Nacho. Hardly like Bony and Aguero have great fitness records

I agree. Seems daft.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby blues2win » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:31 pm

Bony offers a useful alternative to Aguero in any given match. Also Pellegrini has the option of playin a fluid 6 in midfield as he did last season at times or Sterling up front as he has been for Liverpool. The important thing for Kelechi is to play in the domestic Cups. We need to blood a few youngster with some strength on the bench if needed. We didn't buy Aguero to play in a third round Carlton Cup game. If we go out we go out. We played strong teams last season and went out early anyway.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:19 pm

s1ty m wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Caballero filling a foreign spot takes the piss. He's crap, may as well have a crap, English backup keeper so we can include Nacho. Hardly like Bony and Aguero have great fitness records

I agree. Seems daft.

Seems daft but then when Joe stubs his dick and we have to play some fuckers with Gunn in goal and we lose on a dodgy keeping error you'll all have the Count for fucking lunch. Be honest.

No one would go into the CL without their backup keeper in the mix. You can argue that we shouldn't have ever signed him and should have some theoretically as good English choice keeper to select from, but honestly i don't even know who that would be who would be comfy sitting around waiting AND be as professional, seasoned and as good as Willy. I'm sure someone can think of one tho.

I'm not bothered by Nacho's exclusion at the expense of our 2nd choice keeper. It's what you have to do unless you're fucking desperate.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:11 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

I agree. Seems daft.

Seems daft but then when Joe stubs his dick and we have to play some fuckers with Gunn in goal and we lose on a dodgy keeping error you'll all have the Count for fucking lunch. Be honest.

No one would go into the CL without their backup keeper in the mix. You can argue that we shouldn't have ever signed him and should have some theoretically as good English choice keeper to select from, but honestly i don't even know who that would be who would be comfy sitting around waiting AND be as professional, seasoned and as good as Willy. I'm sure someone can think of one tho.

I'm not bothered by Nacho's exclusion at the expense of our 2nd choice keeper. It's what you have to do unless you're fucking desperate.

cheers

If Chelsea can persuade Begovic to sit on their bench then I'm sure we could persuade Krul to sit on ours.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby BmoreBlue » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
phips wrote:

there's actually a lotf confusion about when he will receive HG/club trained status as it relates to the Champions League. As he didn't actually become eligible to play for the club until February due to work permit issues, there's talk that he may not be eligible until the group stages next season at the earliest.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

I agree. Seems daft.

cheers

If Chelsea can persuade Begovic to sit on their bench then I'm sure we could persuade Krul to sit on ours.

great idea. Make it so.

Ahem.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:54 am

It's looking like there may be more people in the squad than there are supporters in the crowd for the Juve game. I hope this situation improves over the next few days.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:58 am

We're playing great football, one of the Giants of Europe coming, and 30 sheets a ticket. What's not to like?
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:44 am

The Club need to price tickets for the Juventus home match and indeed other CL home matches so a full house is guaranteed with atmosphere to match.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:52 pm

At thirty sniffs . . . They certainly have!

We pay so much less than many places, we are fortunate.
Last year I paid 45 for Barca at home but 74 away. The season before it was 76 there and 60 in Munich.

This season Everton charged me the thick end of fifty sheets for one of the shittest away sections in the country, and Spurs was 54.
£30 is a deal.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:49 pm

£30 is a god price which seemed to be well received. I totally understand it's still too much for some but it will be embarrassing if the sales don't pick up.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:08 pm

If some fans think 30 quid is too much to watch City play Juventus then they need a fuckign slap.

Cheap as fuckign chips to watch a CL match.........some fans ffs !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:50 pm

£30?

It would cost that to watch fucking Forest
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain