Chumps League SQUAD ANNOUNCED

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Chumps League SQUAD ANNOUNCED

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:08 pm

5XWinners wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:If some fans think 30 quid is too much to watch City play Juventus then they need a fuckign slap.

Cheap as fuckign chips to watch a CL match.........some fans ffs !!

TBF you are only making up the numbers in this competition though. Why would you expect a full house when tickets for Barca last year were on general sale. I'm not taking the piss but you are a tiny club & a total waste of a CL place. I mean, even Utd went further than you in the CL under Moyes. If the club had any decency they would decline to enter as they give the rest of us a bad name.

Us?

Your lot are nowhere near the Champions League and aren't likely to anytime soon. Remind me again how last year went. The dippers were once the major player in English football. That time has long gone la
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:16 pm

5XWinners wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:If some fans think 30 quid is too much to watch City play Juventus then they need a fuckign slap.

TBF you are only making up the numbers in this competition though. Why would you expect a full house when tickets for Barca last year were on general sale. I'm not taking the piss but you are a tiny club & a total waste of a CL place. I mean, even Utd went further than you in the CL under Moyes. If the club had any decency they would decline to enter as they give the rest of us a bad name.

Ludogorets.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:
5XWinners wrote:

Us?

Your lot are nowhere near the Champions League and aren't likely to anytime soon. Remind me again how last year went. The dippers were once the major player in English football. That time has long gone la

Don't forget the amazing an field roar.
It's a library these days

Keep your history pal as we have the future.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:26 pm

5XWinners wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

We won't be in the CL due to both you & chelsea & your financial doping. Utd have now started spending to try to keep up & get 3rd - 4th place. I fully expect Arsenal to start spending like you lot when Wenger retires. Utd & Arsenal can be forgiven as they have built themselves up & they wouldn't be spending the sums they are if the likes of you & Chelsea didn't treat every day as a fire sale trying to stockpile the worlds best players.

Stop making a fool of yourself. You won't make CL because you're a selling club that wastes the huge amount of money you receive for your star players.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:47 pm

5XWinners wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

We won't be in the CL due to both you & chelsea & your financial doping. Utd have now started spending to try to keep up & get 3rd - 4th place. I fully expect Arsenal to start spending like you lot when Wenger retires. Utd & Arsenal can be forgiven as they have built themselves up & they wouldn't be spending the sums they are if the likes of you & Chelsea didn't treat every day as a fire sale trying to stockpile the worlds best players.

Liverpool's history of "financial doping"
1. Elimination of sharing gate receipts with the away team.
2. Threatening to form a breakaway league unless granted a higher percentage of TV money.
3. Getting your own way in #2, still forming a breakaway league anyway because...well, sky money.
4. G14 threats to form superleague unless given a larger percentage of TV money.
5. Using G14 leverage to reform the "seeding" to ensure their cabal qualified and advanced through the CL every year without challenge.

Also, in the 09-10 season before City had qualified for the CL, you finished 7th and your G14 backed CL spot had been taken by Spurs, what's your excuse for that? Did Levy become an oil billionairre without telling anyone?

City have 25 first team players in comparison to 31 that Liverpool have, City have 3 players out on loan only one of which is expected to return to the club, Liverpool have 14, including two non-EU players without a single cap to their names. I'd say if one of those teams is stockpiling, it wouldn't be us.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that Sheikh Mansour has made a total profit of £0 on his investment into City, developed the training facilities to a world class standard and opened an academy that's set the standard for the northwest. I'm sure the likes of Kroenke and Glazer are preferrable to you as they remove millions from the game every year. FSG would probably be doing the same if there wasn't major financial mismanagement rampant at your club. You were the ones who turned it into a dog eat dog business, don't be surprised when a dog comes along who isn't all bark and puts you in your place.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:53 pm

Check and mate.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:16 pm

5XWinners wrote: TBF you are only making up the numbers in this competition though. Why would you expect a full house when tickets for Barca last year were on general sale. I'm not taking the piss but you are a tiny club & a total waste of a CL place. I mean, even Utd went further than you in the CL under Moyes. If the club had any decency they would decline to enter as they give the rest of us a bad name.

WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:40 pm

5XWinners wrote:
TBF i am a cunt

Tried Googling you to see if you wrote such agenda driven bile on the scouse forums and this is what googles first hit was (oh and none for the footie forums)....

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=82848387
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:43 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
5XWinners wrote:
TBF i am a cunt

Tried Googling you to see if you wrote such agenda driven bile on the scouse forums and this is what googles first hit was (oh and none for the footie forums)....

Hair: Blonde?

Playing it a bit fast and loose with the word "hair" there 5x.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:53 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
5XWinners wrote:
TBF i am a cunt

Ha ha ha nice find

So he is on the production line in Halewood by the looks of it. He is ambitious so he is obviously hoping to beat some mid table teams this year.
Single - no really!!!

kind, caring and considerate and above all nice and normal. Like a laugh and a joke, but I like to think I know were to draw the line. Looking for someone with similar qualities and attributes to myself. I also work a rotating three shift pattern in work.

What a catch
Wonderwall

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:08 pm

Christ, I always wondered what happened to Joe Jackson. Obviously become incredibly bitter since his musical career took a dip(per).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:09 pm

Slim wrote:
5XWinners wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Liverpool's history of "financial doping"
1. Elimination of sharing gate receipts with the away team.
2. Threatening to form a breakaway league unless granted a higher percentage of TV money.
3. Getting your own way in #2, still forming a breakaway league anyway because...well, sky money.
4. G14 threats to form superleague unless given a larger percentage of TV money.
5. Using G14 leverage to reform the "seeding" to ensure their cabal qualified and advanced through the CL every year without challenge.

Also, in the 09-10 season before City had qualified for the CL, you finished 7th and your G14 backed CL spot had been taken by Spurs, what's your excuse for that? Did Levy become an oil billionairre without telling anyone?

City have 25 first team players in comparison to 31 that Liverpool have, City have 3 players out on loan only one of which is expected to return to the club, Liverpool have 14, including two non-EU players without a single cap to their names. I'd say if one of those teams is stockpiling, it wouldn't be us.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that Sheikh Mansour has made a total profit of £0 on his investment into City, developed the training facilities to a world class standard and opened an academy that's set the standard for the northwest. I'm sure the likes of Kroenke and Glazer are preferrable to you as they remove millions from the game every year. FSG would probably be doing the same if there wasn't major financial mismanagement rampant at your club. You were the ones who turned it into a dog eat dog business, don't be surprised when a dog comes along who isn't all bark and puts you in your place.

Nice work Slim. The likes of this goon will still be crying and blubbing about 'istry in another decade when the dippers will just be another also ran who every now and then have a cup run. A bit like Spuds, but without any glamour
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:30 pm

5XWinners wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

City beats Liverpool on every financial criterium you can name (except possibly for plastic fans who watch via stream on those rare occasions when you are actually in Europe - and I don't mean preseason friendlies) - so the only 'dope' is you. Try and keep up, I know you like to live in the past but you could at least acknowledge the present. How are those attempts to secure your own Prem TV money deal rather than accepting the 20 equal shares going by the way? Crashed and burned as I recall?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:07 pm

We seem to have released 2 more blocks today for home fans. I'm guessing Juve have given back a big chunk of their allocation in blocks 213 and 214
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:16 am

5XWinners wrote:TBF you are only making up the numbers in this competition though. Why would you expect a full house when tickets for Barca last year were on general sale. I'm not taking the piss but you are a tiny club & a total waste of a CL place. I mean, even Utd went further than you in the CL under Moyes. If the club had any decency they would decline to enter as they give the rest of us a bad name.

Your lot's contribution to the English coefficient last season was of course remarkable. Especially the way you failed to reach the second phase then took the Europa League by storm. Wonderful piece of history you created there. Outstanding.

Some of your fans should write a book about it. In crayon. You can put a picture of a candle on the cover.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:13 pm

5XWinners wrote:TBF you are only making up the numbers in this competition though. Why would you expect a full house when tickets for Barca last year were on general sale. I'm not taking the piss but you are a tiny club & a total waste of a CL place. I mean, even Utd went further than you in the CL under Moyes. If the club had any decency they would decline to enter as they give the rest of us a bad name.

This guy is gas....can we keep him, huh, can we, can we. Please moderators can we keep him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:20 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

This guy is gas....can we keep him, huh, can we, can we. Please moderators can we keep him.

Yes. He is allowed to stay. He is bitter but might actually say something worthwhile. So far he has been hilarious, must be that legendary scouse wit
Wonderwall

Postby Burt » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:39 pm

Excellent, leave him on then we can all play with him..................
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum