This Weeks Other Games | 29-30 Aug 15

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This Weeks Other Games | 29-30 Aug 15

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:27 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
blues2win wrote:Just saw a gif of van Gaal leaving the stadium with a face like thunder. Really funny.

Thats a whole row of slapped arses
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:53 am

RodneyRodney wrote:I'm savouring every single syllable of the scorn, bile, and abuse they're queuing up to pour on Rooney("Fat,old,slow,finished") and Van Gaal("stupid,clueless,mad"). Can't wait for the "Downfall" vid to come out.

I DON'T want Rooney injured.

No.

I want him to endure a Bradburyesque, Birtlesian, Jeffers-like scoring drought this season , game after game, devoid of speed , touch and confidence, scuffing shots into the stand or his own face, missing howlers from 2 yards out in front of the Pigsty. I want to see him subbed off to boos from all round the swamp. Oh joy.

Christ, Gary Birtles! Was it 2 or 3 goals in about 50 games for them? Funnily enough, when he went back to Forrest he started scoring again.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:24 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:I'm savouring every single syllable of the scorn, bile, and abuse they're queuing up to pour on Rooney("Fat,old,slow,finished") and Van Gaal("stupid,clueless,mad"). Can't wait for the "Downfall" vid to come out.

I DON'T want Rooney injured.

No.

I want him to endure a Bradburyesque, Birtlesian, Jeffers-like scoring drought this season , game after game, devoid of speed , touch and confidence, scuffing shots into the stand or his own face, missing howlers from 2 yards out in front of the Pigsty. I want to see him subbed off to boos from all round the swamp. Oh joy.

Christ, Gary Birtles! Was it 2 or 3 goals in about 50 games for them? Funnily enough, when he went back to Forrest he started scoring again.

I loved it's when every miss by an opposing forward at Maine Road was greeted by 'You're worse than Gary Birtles!'.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:57 pm

Not in the timescale of the thread title, but working in London this week I went along to watch Milwall beat Peterborough 1-0 in the Johnstone Paints Trophy. Five quid to getting, 1.50 programme, but a whopping four quid for a burger. Was I the only meet of Mancityfans.net in the 2050 crowd?

Peterborough better first half, Milwall just deserved the win in the second with the goal coming about 2 mins from the end and sparing us penalties. I would have liked it a few years ago but now the build up seemed desperately slow and inaccurate and the finishing poor. Sergio and Silva won have had a field dsy, especially as the tackles weren't even keen.

Better than sitting in the hotel though, and another ground crossed off, plus a lot of pretty and very busty, albeit foul-mouthed East end ladies nearby.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:17 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Not in the timescale of the thread title, but working in London this week I went along to watch Milwall beat Peterborough 1-0 in the Johnstone Paints Trophy. Five quid to getting, 1.50 programme, but a whopping four quid for a burger. Was I the only meet of Mancityfans.net in the 2050 crowd?

Peterborough better first half, Milwall just deserved the win in the second with the goal coming about 2 mins from the end and sparing us penalties. I would have liked it a few years ago but now the build up seemed desperately slow and inaccurate and the finishing poor. Sergio and Silva won have had a field dsy, especially as the tackles weren't even keen.

Better than sitting in the hotel though, and another ground crossed off, plus a lot of pretty and very busty, albeit foul-mouthed East end ladies nearby.

How many grounds have you done then pal
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:24 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Not in the timescale of the thread title, but working in London this week I went along to watch Milwall beat Peterborough 1-0 in the Johnstone Paints Trophy. Five quid to getting, 1.50 programme, but a whopping four quid for a burger. Was I the only meet of Mancityfans.net in the 2050 crowd?

approaching 70 so far; my plan is to do 2-3 per year from now till retirement then knock the rest off when I have loads of time (I hope). I'm also hoping this assignment, when I have to come to London every few weeks, will see me go to Brentford, Barnet and a few others.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:33 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

approaching 70 so far; my plan is to do 2-3 per year from now till retirement then knock the rest off when I have loads of time (I hope). I'm also hoping this assignment, when I have to come to London every few weeks, will see me go to Brentford, Barnet and a few others.

Nice. Only managed 11 myself.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Nice. Only managed 11 myself.

this won't shock most of all y'all but i've been to grounds in London more than i've been to the Etihad. I've done 5 in London, including Wembley, with multiples at the Emirates and Loftus Rd and the Etihad just 3 times.

i should get out more.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum