Five losses

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Five losses

Postby Socrates » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:13 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Seems to be the average number of losses a team can have and still win the league. Chelsea only lost three last year and we actually lost 6 (or 7, don't remember) the year before, but about five seems right.

Let's just say everything goes according to plan but we still get the average five losses before the season's over, to whom and where would you rather lose it?

Tottenham away (so as to contribute to them taking fourth this season and overcoming either Arsenal or the Rags)
Bournemouth away (because it seems impossible to not like their manager)
Newcastle away (because we're bound to lose to them sometime and it might as well be this year so that we can get it over with and continue to batter them for the next 15 years or so before we lose again. Also, I have a soft spot for them.)
Tottenham home (Same as above)
Bournemouth home (because it seems impossible to not like their manager)

FFS where were you in 1981 man? Nobody who lived with the scars of that could ever suggest it be a good idea that fucking Tottenham fucking Hotspur do the double over us!

Let's just settle for maybe losing three somewhere along the way and not to the Rags or Scousers. Or Chelsea. Or anyone twice.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:56 am

I honestly don't think I could live with any club doing the double over us as we won the league. For the next year we'd be hearing "did the double over the champions last year" in every game. When Chelsea won the league and we were the only side to defeat them(1-0 Anelka pen) the following season that was brought up so many times, seemed like in every Chelsea and every City game it was mentioned....it was awesome. However I bet it annoyed the fuck out of the Chelsea fans as would Bournemouth doing the double over us, for the following year.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby branny » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:35 am

Socrates wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:Seems to be the average number of losses a team can have and still win the league. Chelsea only lost three last year and we actually lost 6 (or 7, don't remember) the year before, but about five seems right.

Let's just say everything goes according to plan but we still get the average five losses before the season's over, to whom and where would you rather lose it?

Tottenham away (so as to contribute to them taking fourth this season and overcoming either Arsenal or the Rags)
Newcastle away (because we're bound to lose to them sometime and it might as well be this year so that we can get it over with and continue to batter them for the next 15 years or so before we lose again. Also, I have a soft spot for them.)

FFS where were you in 1981 man? Nobody who lived with the scars of that could ever suggest it be a good idea that fucking Tottenham fucking Hotspur do the double over us!

Let's just settle for maybe losing three somewhere along the way and not to the Rags or Scousers. Or Chelsea. Or anyone twice.

This, and not just because of 81. Every time we seemed to get somewhere in a cup we'd end up drawing these and lose. We were unbeaten at home in Svens season til we got Spurs in the lc quarters. Oh and they poached Paul Stewart as well. I now enjoy wiping the floor with this lot at every opportunity especially when 3-0 down at ht.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:35 am

I wasn't even born!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Socrates » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:00 pm

branny wrote:
Socrates wrote:

This, and not just because of 81. Every time we seemed to get somewhere in a cup we'd end up drawing these and lose. We were unbeaten at home in Svens season til we got Spurs in the lc quarters. Oh and they poached Paul Stewart as well. I now enjoy wiping the floor with this lot at every opportunity especially when 3-0 down at ht.

That was sweet, so were the thrashings we've given them the last few years. They'll be glad to see the back of Dzeko :D
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:49 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

shit thread
38 league wins coming up
all with clean sheets
#thehistoryboys

errrr....
http://m.mcfc.co.uk/?i=12539/1/0&artId=562261
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:03 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

shit thread
38 league wins coming up
all with clean sheets
#thehistoryboys

errrr....
http://m.mcfc.co.uk/?i=12539/1/0&artId=562261

We might have a lurker.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Crossie » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:51 pm

I hope our great form doesn't soften the players up. There will be games when shit happens and we feel like we're getting robbed. Those are the games that will test our balls.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:15 pm

Crossie wrote:I hope our great form doesn't soften the players up. There will be games when shit happens and we feel like we're getting robbed. Those are the games that will test our balls.

i really hate having my balls tested. Especially the one where they ask...which is better...A or B. A....or B. Or about the same. Fucking painfully challenging.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:36 am

If, in a hypothetical, end-of-season situation, we had the title won, and loosing would mean our opponents
finishing above you-know-who (maybe even sending them down!) , then , yes, I'd have a mischievous little snigger if we somehow managed to contrive to loose . . . .

Who wouldn't ?
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum