Jason Denayer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jason Denayer

Postby Mike J » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:46 am

Im fucking staggered there was no prem clubs interested, he's a full belgian international!

Surely we would have let him go to one of them (not rivals) if there were.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:57 am

Does anyone think this debate would be less divisive if pellers just gave em 5-10 at the end of wrapped up games u til they broke through? That's what baffles me
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:01 am

Mike J wrote:Im fucking staggered there was no prem clubs interested, he's a full belgian international!

Surely we would have let him go to one of them (not rivals) if there were.

Sunderland were mentioned yesterday but it was looking like it was to "strengthen the squad" rather than guaranteed starts which would be no good for him
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:07 am

If he can't get ahead of the lot at Sunderland, he's hopeless anyway. Kaboul, O'Shea, Coates - woeful!
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:30 am

STUPID DECISION FROM ALL PARTIES !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mike J » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:38 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:If he can't get ahead of the lot at Sunderland, he's hopeless anyway. Kaboul, O'Shea, Coates - woeful!

Exactly, he'd be a fucking shoe in to start there.
Mike J

Postby razor400 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:12 pm

Taking the blue tinted specs off, I doubt there are many Championship teams that would guarantee a starting place to a youngster that's had one good season at Celtic, never mind prem teams. Lets face it, Samaras was a top striker in the SPL, even Alan fucking Kernaghan was descent in Jockland.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:48 pm

Fuck me we've got a Beckenbauer on our hands here. Imagine how stupid Pelle and Txiki are sending him on loan? Fire them immediately.

He kept Ronaldo and Benzema at bay and.......................whoops hang on a minute
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:51 pm

john@staustell wrote:Fuck me we've got a Beckenbauer on our hands here. Imagine how stupid Pelle and Txiki are sending him on loan? Fire them immediately.

Did you just call him a cnut?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:52 pm

john@staustell wrote:Fuck me we've got a Beckenbauer on our hands here. Imagine how stupid Pelle and Txiki are sending him on loan? Fire them immediately.

He kept Ronaldo and Benzema at bay and.......................whoops hang on a minute

i dont get the constant negativity John.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:00 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

I'm struggling with it myself, some may even say it's hysterical.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PrezIke » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:13 pm

And Sunderland appears in for his former Celtic partner Van Dijk.

I think the concept of hysteria is strong, but there surely is a reason this is happening as it is. Gala are not exactly a poor quality team, and at least win games and will be in the Champions League. There must be some reason he didn't go to a PL club, one of which I am gathering is the pressure on a team like Sunderland to stay up which could be problematic for him.

If he has any poor run of form he will surely be displaced, and not playing at all could hurt him even more, where as I am guessing it might be a bit less competitive when you are the top team in a less top to bottom competitive league as in Turkey, but one that also has some good sides he can might get some games against.

Getting a few minutes here and there for us in games is not likely to be enough to help his development and clearly Otamendi will be the primary backup centre half, where as Iheanacho appears to be our third forward. The man is 20 years old and our priority is winning the title and, cups and go as far as possible in the Champions League. Next year we will have the problem of what happens, but I don't think this is as awful as some are making it out to be.

Sure, we all wanted to see him get his chances here, but it's not like this is not still going to happen.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:31 pm

it's ruud gullit actually
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:45 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

Yeah I need to shut up on it really.

I just dont get - and this has been a factor at all clubs throughout the years - why everyone sees the next youth player as some sort of saviour who must be on the field. History tells us that most dont make it at the club they are at. Much less at a top 4/CL club.

Now whilst Denayer is clearly a decent prospect I dont see him as better than Kompany, Mangala, Demichelis or Otamendi right now and the pressure on clubs to win is so great they cant be using games as part of a project to give players some experience.

When Trevor Francis, Michael Owen, Shrek or even John Terry comes along they force their way in, just as such a player would now, without a doubt. Denayer is not in that category.

But we pay people large amounts of money to use their judgement on these things and this constant screaming that they are idiots and to weaken our team for altruistic purposes is baffling. A certain ruthlessness is needed.

That said he obviously has value, a five year contract, loan fees coming in and I would be almost certain that this whole scenario was discussed with him and his agent when he signed the deal and therefore comes as no surprise.

If he comes back in one year's time ready to take MDM's place then great, fantastic.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mike J » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:51 pm

He played at centre back with a 16 yr old kid for fuck sake against some of the best players in the world.
Mike J

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:20 pm

Deal to Turkey has fallen through............

http://www.turkish-football.com/man-cit ... s-through/?

Back to the drawing board it is then.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:22 pm

You're a moron.

Beckenbauer was German, we've clearly got an Eric Gerets on our hands.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:23 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Yeah I need to shut up on it really.

I just dont get - and this has been a factor at all clubs throughout the years - why everyone sees the next youth player as some sort of saviour who must be on the field. History tells us that most dont make it at the club they are at. Much less at a top 4/CL club.

Now whilst Denayer is clearly a decent prospect I dont see him as better than Kompany, Mangala, Demichelis or Otamendi right now and the pressure on clubs to win is so great they cant be using games as part of a project to give players some experience.

When Trevor Francis, Michael Owen, Shrek or even John Terry comes along they force their way in, just as such a player would now, without a doubt. Denayer is not in that category.

But we pay people large amounts of money to use their judgement on these things and this constant screaming that they are idiots and to weaken our team for altruistic purposes is baffling. A certain ruthlessness is needed.

That said he obviously has value, a five year contract, loan fees coming in and I would be almost certain that this whole scenario was discussed with him and his agent when he signed the deal and therefore comes as no surprise.

If he comes back in one year's time ready to take MDM's place then great, fantastic.

Thats all fair enough and you certainly dont need to shut up you are entitled to your opinion i was just wondering why thats all.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:36 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Does anyone think this debate would be less divisive if pellers just gave em 5-10 at the end of wrapped up games u til they broke through? That's what baffles me

To be honest I dont think a few minutes here or there, spread around several players, is of much value; it pleases the fans, but other than getting the debut out of the way it does little for the player. Better to focus on one player, like Ian Nacho, and get him some proper experience in the squad and later in the season some decent minutes, then get Denayer the same next year.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:23 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Deal to Turkey has fallen through............

http://www.turkish-football.com/man-cit ... s-through/?

Back to the drawing board it is then.

Thank god.
Encouraging that City are refusing to put in an option to buy.

Jason is apparently in Marseille right now
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum