Jason Denayer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Jason Denayer

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:24 pm

Arrived in Istanbul to undergo a medical ahead of a loan move.
Gala will pay us a small loan fee.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Re: Jason Denayer

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:30 pm

Might as well fuck him off for good. Very questionable move, bordering on utterly pointless.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:33 pm

How good is the Turkish league? Is this a good move? Would've thought the French league would've been a better bet. Still, if he gets first team games under his belt it may be usefull
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:How good is the Turkish league? Is this a good move? Would've thought the French league would've been a better bet. Still, if he gets first team games under his belt it may be usefull

I'd hazard a guess that it will be a step up from what he played in last year.

Rather surprising we can't find him a better standard, but then again we will almost certainly want him to go somewhere he will start most games and have European football so the options will be limited.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:52 pm

It's the three big Istanbul clubs + a bunch of cloggers on potato fields. Pretty terrible.

How in the fuck that is supposed to help him get ready for the Prem, I don't know.

Was there a single player that made it directly from Turkey to the Prem and could be classed a success?
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:25 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:It's the three big Istanbul clubs + a bunch of cloggers on potato fields. Pretty terrible.

How in the fuck that is supposed to help him get ready for the Prem, I don't know.

Was there a single player that made it directly from Turkey to the Prem and could be classed a success?

Well he was in fucking Scotland last year who have one fucking club and everyone got a mouthful of slobber to suck his cock, so playing against a league with some actual genuine decent class players in more than one team can't hurt.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PrezIke » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:32 pm

It's certainly a step up from the Scottish Prem. They are in the Champions League, no?

So will get some experience there again as well.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:49 pm

At least he'll get some European football experience but this is definitely a disappointing move
Saul Goodman

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:54 pm

Every year, every decade that passes it never fails to amaze me the unwarranted hysteria about young players by people who always know better than the professional coaching staff.

Kelvin Etuhu syndrome
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby MaineRoadblue » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:20 pm

john@staustell wrote:Every year, every decade that passes it never fails to amaze me the unwarranted hysteria about young players by people who always know better than the professional coaching staff.

Kelvin Etuhu syndrome

what does kelvin etuhu have to do with denayer?

There are clear issues with the development of younger players and there promotion to the first team at the moment not just at city but its a wider issue in English football. Dont understand how anyone could deny that.

Dissapointed that denayer wont get a chance this season but I hope he continues to impress for national side and in the CL.
MaineRoadblue
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:53 pm

MaineRoadblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Every year, every decade that passes it never fails to amaze me the unwarranted hysteria about young players by people who always know better than the professional coaching staff.

Kelvin Etuhu syndrome

There are clear issues with the development of younger players and there promotion to the first team at the moment not just at city but its a wider issue in English football. Dont understand how anyone could deny that.

Dissapointed that denayer wont get a chance this season but I hope he continues to impress for national side and in the CL.

That's a sensible post.

Kelvin? It's because some folks made the same fuss about him. And Ade Mike and many others. But I agree Denayer is good jus not good enough for us jus yet
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby MaineRoadblue » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:05 pm

john@staustell wrote:
MaineRoadblue wrote:

Kelvin Etuhu syndrome

That's a sensible post.

Kelvin? It's because some folks made the same fuss about him. And Ade Mike and many others. But I agree Denayer is good jus not good enough for us jus yet

TBf kelvin etuhu never looked like he could make it

Denayer is now a full international and has had motm performances against france and in the europa league against Milan. Would put him in the same bracket as Danny Sutrridge who Mark hughes continually ignored.
MaineRoadblue
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:23 pm

I don't dispute that a loan may be sensible in the current situation. But Turkey is a graveyard for has-beens and money chasers. Poor league with poor coaching.

Since Denayer already showed promise in a shit league and also in Europe (for both Celtic and Belgium), the next step would be a loan to a competitive league where he is tested week in week out. Ideally the Prem, but La Liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 or Serie A all would be much better for his development than the Turkish league.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:25 pm

In his second sensible line of the weekend Allardyce said that a managers job and whole career are on the line when they play players who are under 21
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:51 pm

And Gala just lost to a newly promoted team today
Saul Goodman

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:22 pm

I am in the category of disappointed but I think we have to trust the management at the club who seem to think he is not ready yet to be considered for one of the main center back roles at the club.The signing of Otamendi tells you that.

They know what he was all about when he was with us to start with plus how he performed at Celtic as well as the Belgium national side and the decision has been taken that he isn't ready for City just yet to help us win the premier league and do well in Europe.

Given that he isn't one of our first 3 center backs we seem to at least believe he is worth keeping with his new contract and worth a loan to further his development and then look again a year down the line. I am not so sure about Turkey either but it will be tough and no doubt physically demanding. I still think he will make a top class player and we will see him in a City shirt but not this season now.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:26 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:And Gala just lost to a newly promoted team today

no fucking way! A team beat another team? OMFG. Stop the presses.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:06 am

Rather see him going to a European league, France, Spain or Italy.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:20 am

Kelvin Etuhu syndrome

What hysteria?

Fans would like to see youth players making it with the club, that's all. A desire for all facets of the club to be successful and for the vision that Sheikh Mansour has of a successful self-sustainable club to come to fruition.

There's also concern that we could end up letting world class talent slip through our fingers because we're afraid to take a gamble. All perfectly reasonable concerns and far from hysteria.

Anyhoo, good luck to Denayer, he'll come up against some tough opponents in the Turkish league, Van Persie and Mario Gomez spring to mind.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:35 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Kelvin Etuhu syndrome

What hysteria?

Fans would like to see youth players making it with the club, that's all. A desire for all facets of the club to be successful and for the vision that Sheikh Mansour has of a successful self-sustainable club to come to fruition.

There's also concern that we could end up letting world class talent slip through our fingers because we're afraid to take a gamble. All perfectly reasonable concerns and far from hysteria.

Anyhoo, good luck to Denayer, he'll come up against some tough opponents in the Turkish league, Van Persie and Mario Gomez spring to mind.

Exactly.

We are far away from the likes of kelvin etuhu(who i dont remember been rated aswell as john says, ireland johnson and sturridge yes definitly were), we are spending millions getting these young players and there families across unlike before and putting them in our multi million dollar facilities to produce them for our first team, its miles away from the old days and i think considering how poor our defence was its not unreasonable to ask for some game time for a player with Denayers ability.

The guy has already played for Belgium who are ranked second in the world in an important match, he has won the league in scotland and a young player of the year award, its perfectly reasonable to want him to be given a chance.

I disagree with Sam Allardyce assessment i think if Pellers gave the youth a chance the fans would be a bit more forgiving, look at last season nothing gained from it least if we gave young lads a chance there would be some gain from it.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum