The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:57 pm

Mourinho now saying the players are struggling to handle the pressure of playing for the twenty times winners of the league. His book of excuses must be wearing thin by now
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:09 pm

nottsblue wrote:Mourinho now saying the players are struggling to handle the pressure of playing for the twenty times winners of the league. His book of excuses must be wearing thin by now

They've paid large amounts of money to recruit players of such feeble temperaments; looks like they're going to have to fork out another King's Ransom to acquire some 'tougher' souls.

It would be far cheaper to just get a new, competent manager.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby zuricity » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:18 pm

They've got GIll, pulling strings in Uefa. They've got the Media creaming their pants all over them and haven't twigged that you actually need a football team.

Bunch of inbreds.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:31 pm

Didn't know where to put this, but it has made me a laugh.

Academy graduate Jeremy Helan, now at Sheffield Wednesday, has retired from football age 24 to become a full time Muslim and move to Saudi Arabia.

Football eh? Bloody hell.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:52 pm

Makes me laugh the amount of times scum are contradicting their own "philosophy". They'll do it again when they replace mourinho.

All that money to realise that van gaals man rashford is their best player...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:01 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Didn't know where to put this, but it has made me a laugh.

Academy graduate Jeremy Helan, now at Sheffield Wednesday, has retired from football age 24 to become a full time Muslim and move to Saudi Arabia.

Football eh? Bloody hell.

but before he starts his studies, he's planning to go backpacking round europe?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:04 pm

Can't wait for MotD.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:07 pm

Nail. On. Head. Zuri
Original Dub

Postby Michigan Blue » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:31 am

zuricity wrote:They've got GIll, pulling strings in Uefa. They've got the Media creaming their pants all over them and haven't twigged that you actually need a football team.

Bunch of inbreds.

It would only be fair starting season 2017/18 that the Rags begin the season on 10 points, as they "made the competition what it is today."
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Justified logic » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:41 am

nottsblue wrote:Mourinho now saying the players are struggling to handle the pressure of playing for the twenty times winners of the league. His book of excuses must be wearing thin by now

Mourinho will never run out of excuses as for him any setback will always always be someone else's fault. United have in their desperation employed the perfect man to put the final nails in the coffin of their ambition to remain a top level club.

Mourinho is The Undertaker...

Watch on youtube.com
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:06 am

Danny Murphy and Trevor Sinclair's arguments on MOTD2 to defend Rooney borderlined on hilarious.

Mark Chapman even tried to challenge their comments pointing out that his poor play has been going on for a while now, and they stuck to their guns.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:20 pm

PrezIke wrote:Danny Murphy and Trevor Sinclair's arguments on MOTD2 to defend Rooney borderlined on hilarious.

Mark Chapman even tried to challenge their comments pointing out that his poor play has been going on for a while now, and they stuck to their guns.

Well, we know Trevor Sinclair's got an ulterior motive for wanting the thatched one to keep playing - he's as Blue as a smurf's arse. And I suspect Danny Murphy's has liverpool tendencies.

Or maybe it's just that they know him and don't want to slag him off on national television.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:30 pm

I woke up this morning and I just sniggered and sniggered.

In fact , sniggering is going to be in full throttle all day long

Nothing like a good snigger.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I woke up this morning and I just sniggered and sniggered.

'Sniggering syndrome'......MMmmmm, sounds interesting.

Could it be contagious ?? :D :D :lol: :lol:

Only trouble is, I listened to Talkspite this morning for a few minutes. There was some bozo called Jim White talking to Patrick Barclay and Didi Hamann and they were all heaping lavish praise upon Pep and how beautifully City were playing and how head and shoulders (no pun intended) we were, already, above the rest of the opposition in the Premier League.

Couldn't believe what I was hearing and, as it was fulsomely gushing stuff coming after all the criticism, snide remarks, unfounded attacks and overall agenda against us which we've had to endure over the years, I just couldn't take it. I just felt a bit sickened at all the hypocrisy now being displayed in all its abject obsequiousness and I had to switch off.

If this is what it's going to be like from now on, I'm not sure as to how I'm going to cope. Perhaps I'm going to need a large dose of that 'Sniggering syndrome', just to survive.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:01 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I woke up this morning and I just sniggered and sniggered.

Only trouble is, I listened to Talkspite this morning for a few minutes. There was some bozo called Jim White talking to Patrick Barclay and Didi Hamann and they were all heaping lavish praise upon Pep and how beautifully City were playing and how head and shoulders (no pun intended) we were, already, above the rest of the opposition in the Premier League.

Couldn't believe what I was hearing and, as it was fulsomely gushing stuff coming after all the criticism, snide remarks, unfounded attacks and overall agenda against us which we've had to endure over the years, I just couldn't take it. I just felt a bit sickened at all the hypocrisy now being displayed in all its abject obsequiousness and I had to switch off.

If this is what it's going to be like from now on, I'm not sure as to how I'm going to cope. Perhaps I'm going to need a large dose of that 'Sniggering syndrome', just to survive.

Jim White of SKY mate. Most famous for desperately trying to drum up excitement in the January transfer window each year. He's OK and a vast improvement on Colin Murray, who mercifully seems to have resigned because TS was taken over by the Murdoch group. (Dippers etc etc zzzzzzz)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Jim White of SKY mate. Most famous for desperately trying to drum up excitement in the January transfer window each year. He's OK and a vast improvement on Colin Murray, who mercifully seems to have resigned because TS was taken over by the Murdoch group. (Dippers etc etc zzzzzzz)

Don't get lulled into a false sense of security.
The Dippers are waiting in the wings. They are not quite ready yet as experience has told them that this team of theirs needs consistency and can' t be dropping points to the Burnley's of this world. The proof of the pudding for us will be if we turn up against Spuds and Chelsea etc., but most importantly at Anfield.

They are building us up so that when they get their customary 3 points against us there, they will be hailed as the greatest team ever to grace the Premiership. We need to beat them there and break the will of the rest of the league.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:43 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

The Dippers are waiting in the wings. They are not quite ready yet as experience has told them that this team of theirs needs consistency and can' t be dropping points to the Burnley's of this world. The proof of the pudding for us will be if we turn up against Spuds and Chelsea etc., but most importantly at Anfield.

They are building us up so that when they get their customary 3 points against us there, they will be hailed as the greatest team ever to grace the Premiership. We need to beat them there and break the will of the rest of the league.

This
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:30 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

First chance they get they'll be shoveling shit over us in customary fashion. Fuck 'em.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Justified logic » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:24 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

New Year's Eve, so every other team will have experienced us by then. Gives us maximum time to prepare. Will Jesus have arrived by then?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:31 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Danny Murphy and Trevor Sinclair's arguments on MOTD2 to defend Rooney borderlined on hilarious.

Well, we know Trevor Sinclair's got an ulterior motive for wanting the thatched one to keep playing - he's as Blue as a smurf's arse. And I suspect Danny Murphy's has liverpool tendencies.

Or maybe it's just that they know him and don't want to slag him off on national television.

Just seen it. Sinclair would go five at the back, a midfield three of Carrick, Shrek and Pogba and Zlatan and Lionel up top. No room at the inn for wonder kid Martial then? £58m benchwarmer. Or £40m Mata. Or £31m Depay.

Assume Trev is just taking the piss
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum