The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread

Postby AG7 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:57 pm

PrezIke wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/14/angel-di-maria-difficult-relationship-louis-van-gaal-manchester-united

Master man manager, this LVG. Just needed Rooney and Carrick to help him out a bit and now he's even better.

Oh, he's not the only one ... apparently everyone else who has left is because of him ... and rest are stuck because window is now closed, ha ha ha ha!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:31 pm

gillie wrote:
*KLOPP*

*KLOPP*

*KLOPP KLOPP KLOPP*

*KLOPP KLOPP KLOPP KLOPP, KLOPP KLOPP*

JUERGEN

etc.

I've had enough of being spoon fed this meagre gruel. It looks like shite, and it tastes like shite. Ta-ra, Brendan. Ta-ra, John. We've seen enough of this shite already.

This is off RAWK.Dippers not happy lol.

It really would be funny if they ended up with Fat Sam.
I'd go on RAWK just for a laugh.

Although he'd keep them up. They could do worse.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Chopper » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:25 am

Scousers rampant with the Klopp?

Seems like a good headline to me.
Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby gillie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:14 am

To be fair, Klopp has done things Rodgers could only dream of in the game, on a very tight budget too. Rodgers has spent 300m, and look at us

Fucking amazed at that amount spent.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:34 am

gillie wrote:
To be fair, Klopp has done things Rodgers could only dream of in the game, on a very tight budget too. Rodgers has spent 300m, and look at us

They've sold nearly as much though. Them and Spurs have this shit policy of buying loads of players then selling their best ones and replacing em with a handful of aways okayers. More players don't win things, better players do.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:29 pm

Talksport is advertising their hospitality tickets for the derby. You'd think they might leave them unsold to save the embarrassment
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:40 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
gillie wrote:

They've sold nearly as much though. Them and Spurs have this shit policy of buying loads of players then selling their best ones and replacing em with a handful of aways okayers. More players don't win things, better players do.

That's bollox mate. The dippers have only really made money from Suarez and even with that they have a deficit of about 90 mil over the last 3 seasons. In comparison, we have a deficit of approx 260 million, nearly 3 times as much, but was has to be remembered is what we are in for, and it's not just Europa league. And how much are our players worth now, if we sold them today?

Dippers, and Rags for that instance, are a false economy.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
gillie wrote:

That's bollox mate. The dippers have only really made money from Suarez and even with that they have a deficit of about 90 mil over the last 3 seasons. In comparison, we have a deficit of approx 260 million, nearly 3 times as much, but was has to be remembered is what we are in for, and it's not just Europa league. And how much are our players worth now, if we sold them today?

Just off the top of my head you're forgetting Torres and sterling both leaving for big fees.

Now as for whose squad is in Bette r shape you'll get no argument. They've bought shit, but as I said when you get a superstar and sell them with the idea of spending the cash on multiple players it rarely works. They sell loads of players, but keep trying to buy cheap replacements and fill holes, doing so very poorly in my opinion.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:03 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
gillie wrote:

Just off the top of my head you're forgetting Torres and sterling both leaving for big fees.

Now as for whose squad is in Bette r shape you'll get no argument. They've bought shit, but as I said when you get a superstar and sell them with the idea of spending the cash on multiple players it rarely works. They sell loads of players, but keep trying to buy cheap replacements and fill holes, doing so very poorly in my opinion.

Not disagreeing about the shit players, just the amount spent. I think spurs have spent very little (net) and are still challenging the Dippers for the Europa space but then you look at the likes of the Saints and you realise just how badly Brentan is running the club.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:47 am

Strange decision by UeFA to award the motm in the rags game to moreno. Whoops. I bet the rags are all bouncing off the walls at that one lmfao
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:56 am

Wonderwall wrote:Strange decision by UeFA to award the motm in the rags game to moreno. Whoops. I bet the rags are all bouncing off the walls at that one lmfao

In times gone bye he would be looking at 6 month ban under Fergie the defeat would be burried in a bad tackle storm.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:00 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Strange decision by UeFA to award the motm in the rags game to moreno. Whoops. I bet the rags are all bouncing off the walls at that one lmfao

In times gone bye he would be looking at 6 month ban under Fergie the defeat would be burried in a bad tackle storm.

Keane has said today that it was a 'brilliant' tackle. He's right to be fair.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby john@staustell » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:31 pm

I see their revenue was down to £390M ish - and 16M of that is snaffled by the Glazers.

The predictions I read in May said that United would post about 390 and City be up to about 380.

Just light the blue touchpaper and stand back when they realise how close we are when the City figures come out.

To be fair Scum being back in CL and also with massive deals to come on stream should see them pull away again, but it will be fun while it lasts!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby AG7 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:39 pm

john@staustell wrote:I see their revenue was down to £390M ish - and 16M of that is snaffled by the Glazers.

The predictions I read in May said that United would post about 390 and City be up to about 380.

Just light the blue touchpaper and stand back when they realise how close we are when the City figures come out.

To be fair Scum being back in CL and also with massive deals to come on stream should see them pull away again, but it will be fun while it lasts!!

DailyMail seems to think we are crossing them ...

"Manchester City set to overtake rivals Manchester United in financial stakes with club record turnover as Reds count cost of no Champions League football last season"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nover.html
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby AG7 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:41 pm

AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:43 pm

john@staustell wrote:I see their revenue was down to £390M ish - and 16M of that is snaffled by the Glazers.

But don't you know that all our sponsorship deals a re shady and come from The Sheik, his family and friends......in Nissan and the likes.
And all their deals are well earned and squeaky clean.....like the Chevy deal. Where does the guy who negotiated that work now. Wasn't he sacked 48 hours later?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby AG7 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:44 pm

So we announce in a month? ... Hmmmm, I think it'll be just in time for the derby or maybe a day after the derby when we dick them the morning after, again!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:47 pm

AG7 wrote:So we announce in a month? ... Hmmmm, I think it'll be just in time for the derby or maybe a day after the derby when we dick them the morning after, again!

God wouldn't that be sweet.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:56 pm

Overtaking the rags off the field, as well as on it, will be sweet, even if it's only for a year until their agreement with Chevrolet kicks in. Maybe by that time though we will have renegotiated our sponsorship deals as they now look low in comparison and we will overtake them again
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:57 pm

nottsblue wrote:Overtaking the rags off the field, as well as on it, will be sweet, even if it's only for a year until their agreement with Chevrolet kicks in. Maybe by that time though we will have renegotiated our sponsorship deals as they now look low in comparison and we will overtake them again

Not sure about that. Don't they have a huge Adidas deal as well.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum