The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Laughing Thread, the gift that keeps on giving.

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:19 am

zuricity wrote:IFAB, what a waste of time. How many times have we seen the opposition players foul City players and not get carded and then Ant and his mates issue a weak yellow for perfect tackles even - Now "Blue Card" City players for nothing , into the sin bin. Stupid idea. Another attempt at slowing down the juggernaut.

Its pathetic but it goes hand in hand with whats happening with the powers that be - they are being allowed to do whatever they want to do and everyone just seems to accept it.

Blue cards ? What the ABSOLUTE fuck !!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby salford city » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:52 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zuricity wrote:IFAB, what a waste of time. How many times have we seen the opposition players foul City players and not get carded and then Ant and his mates issue a weak yellow for perfect tackles even - Now "Blue Card" City players for nothing , into the sin bin. Stupid idea. Another attempt at slowing down the juggernaut.

Its pathetic but it goes hand in hand with whats happening with the powers that be - they are being allowed to do whatever they want to do and everyone just seems to accept it.

Indeed. They should be looking to improve the shit-show that is VAR and make sure that all the calls are "correct. " When these blue cards are trialed there will be a team that suffers more than most and coincidentally we play in blue. Utter fucking nonsense
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby stupot » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:37 am

salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Indeed. They should be looking to improve the shit-show that is VAR and make sure that all the calls are "correct. " When these blue cards are trialed there will be a team that suffers more than most and coincidentally we play in blue. Utter fucking nonsense

On that basis the dippers, rags and arse should get the most red cards and we know that doesn't happen.
All this blue card sin bin will do is have 10 men sitting on the edge of their own area for the 10 minutes or whatever. It'll make it a lot more boring.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john68 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:13 am

it seems the idiots who now control our game are moving quickly into turning our sport into a sterile over regulated sort of game show.

I quite like the thought of extra cards....maybe red and green ones with reindeers and a pic of Santa for the Xmas games. Then we could have brown cards made from real chocolate with little bunnies on it for Easter games.
IFAB have along way to go yet.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Paul68 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:08 am

I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby salford city » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:31 am

The most expensive EVER in europe and still in the shadow of their noisy neighbours from a nearby borough. Little old City - the excuse for your clubs failings as it says on the flag
salford city

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:45 pm

Yesterday was the 8th time this season the rags have conceded at least 20 attempts on their goal in a game

Doubt we've had more than a couple in Peps whole time
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:40 am

Ill Put this here, as this is where this fucking belongs

The selection of the 28-year-old ahead of Stones on Saturday has been defended by Guardiola ahead of a midweek meeting against Brentford, with the Manchester City manager describing his decision as “normal.”

“There are players that take their rhythm more quickly, but Manu (Akanji) was injured for two, three, four weeks,” said the City boss.“I rely a lot on Manu, he’s an incredible player and I will decide who plays, that’s all. "Manu played really, really good (against Chelsea)
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:38 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ill Put this here, as this is where this fucking belongs

The selection of the 28-year-old ahead of Stones on Saturday has been defended by Guardiola ahead of a midweek meeting against Brentford, with the Manchester City manager describing his decision as “normal.”

“There are players that take their rhythm more quickly, but Manu (Akanji) was injured for two, three, four weeks,” said the City boss.“I rely a lot on Manu, he’s an incredible player and I will decide who plays, that’s all. "Manu played really, really good (against Chelsea)

Pfttttttt. ..you're winding me up.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:29 pm

Outcast wrote:

Just read how much Akanji enjoys playing in midfield on the OS definitely something Pep is encouraging so we can expect to see more of it. Rico undoubtedly is a better footballer for this position but at present he lacks the physicality
salford city

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:44 pm

salford city wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Just read how much Akanji enjoys playing in midfield on the OS definitely something Pep is encouraging so we can expect to see more of it. Rico undoubtedly is a better footballer for this position but at present he lacks the physicality

If PeP wants to fuck around then why cant he do it against weaker teams and not teams like Chelsea FFS!

Against top teams you HAVE to play your stronger side in their natural positions....is it any wonder we haven't beaten any of the top 5 teams this season with his continuous fuckign around.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
salford city wrote:
Outcast wrote:

If PeP wants to fuck around then why cant he do it against weaker teams and not teams like Chelsea FFS!

Against top teams you HAVE to play your stronger side in their natural positions....is it any wonder we haven't beaten any of the top 5 teams this season with his continuous fuckign around.

You will get no arguments from me on that. I get that the loss of Grealish is causing us an issue out wide but leave the rest of it alone. I do trust Pep to stick to the best 11 for the biggest games but the biggest games won't matter if we spunk points on shit like Saturday
salford city

Postby zuricity » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:38 pm

you have to laugh, I thought Jim the Rag investor was a clever man ? perhaps not.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68361025
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Scatman » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:47 pm

zuricity wrote:you have to laugh, I thought Jim the Rag investor was a clever man ? perhaps not.

In other words We've not got the money to build our own stadium so please can the taxpayer fund it? They forget there is already one or more stadia capable of doubling up as the national stadium of the north.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:53 pm

BBC: “Would it help if Man City were found guilty of the 115 breaches they are accused of?”.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe: “I would not wish that upon them. I just want to smash them on the football field”.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:39 pm

Scatman wrote:
zuricity wrote:you have to laugh, I thought Jim the Rag investor was a clever man ? perhaps not.

In other words We've not got the money to build our own stadium so please can the taxpayer fund it? They forget there is already one or more stadia capable of doubling up as the national stadium of the north.

It’s simply laughable. And the most ridiculous part of it is that he isn’t at yet getting ridiculed for it in the media. They are just going along with it. Not even asking how he can justify it even
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby salford city » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:00 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Scatman wrote:

It’s simply laughable. And the most ridiculous part of it is that he isn’t at yet getting ridiculed for it in the media. They are just going along with it. Not even asking how he can justify it even

Who was that silly cunt from Carlisle (?) Michael Kenyon or somesuch - doing keep-ups at the stretford end with not a pot to piss in? Love this keep it up jimbo. Mind, I've had to stop buying Belstaff gear now so that's a shame
salford city

Postby Blue In Bolton » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:22 pm

salford city wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Who was that silly cunt from Carlisle (?) Michael Kenyon or somesuch - doing keep-ups at the stretford end with not a pot to piss in? Love this keep it up jimbo. Mind, I've had to stop buying Belstaff gear now so that's a shame

It was Michael Knighton in full kit wanker mode.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:49 am

Radcliffe “born in Manchester” according to the BBC - as Manc as I am born in Bury..

He keeps referring to the regeneration of Manchester when talking about Salford - why has no one pointed out to him it’s part of the county Greater Manchester, it’s not part of Manchester city.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby patrickblue » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:14 am

I've not seen this before. Found it quite amusing.

[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum