third tier north side

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

third tier north side

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:45 am

heard yesterday that the expansion of the north side will be in 3yrs time, because they have run out of money!! the rugby and concerts are back next year to generate the funds for the next stage expansion. i know its hard to believe but if you think of how much weve spent aswell and buying asda then its perfectly feasable this is why in 3yrs the next expansion will take place!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Re: third tier north side

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:05 am

Sensible, really. Have we got the match going support for 63000 now? Week in week out. Don't want to be like Arsenal whose building of the Emirates stadium held them back in the transfer market. We've survived on 47000 for a good decade and the 54000 will see us through a little while longer yet.

Are there plans for a fourth tier along the sides does anyone know?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:14 am

nottsblue wrote:Sensible, really. Have we got the match going support for 63000 now? Week in week out. Don't want to be like Arsenal whose building of the Emirates stadium held them back in the transfer market. We've survived on 47000 for a good decade and the 54000 will see us through a little while longer yet.

If I recall correctly there was never a fourth tier planned, but the idea was to build back and add around 10 rows at the back of the 3rd tiers?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:16 am

craigmcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Sensible, really. Have we got the match going support for 63000 now? Week in week out. Don't want to be like Arsenal whose building of the Emirates stadium held them back in the transfer market. We've survived on 47000 for a good decade and the 54000 will see us through a little while longer yet.

If I recall correctly there was never a fourth tier planned, but the idea was to build back and add around 10 rows at the back of the 3rd tiers?

Well, 10 rows on both sides would probably add 4000/5000 which could take us close to 70000 should the north stand be a similar size to the south stand. Imagine the atmosphere in that!
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:39 am

I would love to see safe standing up the sides that would bring in another 3,000 a side.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:46 am

The price of the chicken balti pies will pay for it all !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:15 am

Which pub did you hear it in Dick?

You know what Manchester is like, someone starts a rumour on Monday and by Tuesday night it's God's honest truth.

Personally i dont think - bearing in mind this is outside any FFP - that the Sheik will want to be associated with any 'cant afford' talk. Biggest and best remember.

Wouldn't surprise me though for reasons outlined (demand creation) if it doesn't start from next summer. A rumour I preferred about the North Stand was the one with the chap on the ground tour who was told by the guide something like - it wont start yet but it will be 'different'

A lot may depend on sales in the next 3 months, Champions League etc
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:38 am

Since when did we buy asda? I know the rumours but as far as I am aware, Walmart still own it.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:42 am

john@staustell wrote:Which pub did you hear it in Dick?

You know what Manchester is like, someone starts a rumour on Monday and by Tuesday night it's God's honest truth.

Personally i dont think - bearing in mind this is outside any FFP - that the Sheik will want to be associated with any 'cant afford' talk. Biggest and best remember.

Wouldn't surprise me though for reasons outlined (demand creation) if it doesn't start from next summer. A rumour I preferred about the North Stand was the one with the chap on the ground tour who was told by the guide something like - it wont start yet but it will be 'different'

person i know works at the ground and was told by the inner sanctum but not gonna say who otherwise their job might be on line!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:54 pm

dick dastardley wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Which pub did you hear it in Dick?

person i know works at the ground and was told by the inner sanctum but not gonna say who otherwise their job might be on line!!

Appreciate your source and obviously it depends whether he is cleaning the toilets or in executive meetings. I sort of think, right now, either there isn't a decision depending on events or only a very few know
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Holy shit we have a run out of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick where is Wardle with a loan?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby AG7 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:41 pm

The rumor I heard (and been debated quite a bit on BlueMoon too) is that the plan is to convert the whole north side to a single tier ... kinda like Yellow Wall of Dortmund :)
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Return to The Maine Football forum